Photo

Why do we love this game so much?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:49 PM

Most of us have gotten frozen for truly inane reasons more than once. The boards are overflowing with inane chatter. There's practically nothing to do but play flash games. Your mail is monitored. Even the slightest swear is ban-worthy. You get talked down to as if you were three. You can't say poop. You can't automate even the simplest tasks. They want our real life dollahs and bombard us with infuriating ads. People get frozen for mentioning Marapets in private mail.

I could go on.

And yet I find myself coming back to this stupid game time after time. This time it took 5 years, but I came back for my punishment all the same and I love it. I honestly wantt o know why people keep coming back to Neopets.

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:05 PM

It fills a small part of the void in my life, and it's something to do, that's probably why.

Besides, it's not like I do much else with my life.

#3 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:07 PM

It's a hobby to me. I don't invest enough time to play the game itself like how it is meant to be, so I keep to myself. Make neopoints, and through these neopoints I can get items I think are cool, make pets that are cool, and hoard them. Other than that I have no other reason to play. If I do get iced, then I find a new hobby.

#4 Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk
  • 187 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:09 PM

I met a lot of nice people there. Neopets introduced me to the cyber world... to say it like that. That's the only reason why I keep playing.

#5 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:20 PM

I remember the good old days.

#6 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:41 PM

I dunno about you, but I play for the pleasure of insulting 13 year olds...

#7 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:42 PM

I remember the good old days.

Ah, yes. Me too. But those days are long gone, my man. Same reason I stopped playing WoW :crybaby:

Edited by Devilfish, 30 December 2009 - 04:43 PM.

#8 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:30 PM

Ah, yes. Me too. But those days are long gone, my man. Same reason I stopped playing WoW Posted Image

I use to play neopets when it started. I lost that account years ago. But I use to remember when Faerie and Baby were THE colors for pets and draiks were creatable.

I play now as sort of a economy sim like a bigger version of the game Lemonade Stand (or am I the only one who remembers that game??). I like getting trophies, but mainly love having a store and RSing. I use to legit RS way back in the beginning and then it was easier. So now I just AB it and enjoy it.

As for WoW I use to like it before there was a huge emphasis on raiding and not so many 11 year olds thinking they can 'pwn' anything.

#9 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:50 PM

I still play WoW, but on a private server. I actually only started playing toward the end of BC, though.

I started playing Neo about 8 years ago, before Draiks and Ixis were even created. :)

#10 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

I dunno about you, but I play for the pleasure of insulting 13 year olds...

Someone on your own intellectual playing field eh? :p (I keeeeed)

#11 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:42 PM

Call me an old fashioned sentimentalist, but I actually like my pets. They're cool colors, and I enjoy putting clothes on them.
I have a classic neohome I fill with a bunch of crap.
I've recently completed my seashell collection.
*shrugs*

#12 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:45 PM

Call me an old fashioned sentimentalist, but I actually like my pets. They're cool colors, and I enjoy putting clothes on them.
I have a classic neohome I fill with a bunch of crap.
I've recently completed my seashell collection.
*shrugs*

I don't think you're old fashioned or a sentimentalist. I genuinely adored my pets before my main was unfairly iced. Now I cheat. ^_^

I don't like customization, but that's just me.

#13 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:54 PM

I've been playing since 1999!!! They say once you do something for 30 days it becomes a habit. I've been doing it for... 3600 days!!

#14 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:55 PM

It makes me feel better that the bandwidth I have to pay for at school is being put into good use...

#15 Snowneo

Snowneo
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:20 PM

For me now, I mainly play Neopets for hoarding neopoints, in hopes of one day starting up a neopets selling site. (got a domain already) but no use for it. so figured I might as well work for something for it.

#16 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:23 PM

I play because Im easliy amused/childish

#17 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:25 PM

I still play WoW, but on a private server. I actually only started playing toward the end of BC, though.

I started playing Neo about 8 years ago, before Draiks and Ixis were even created. :)

I am sadly in this boat :(

#18 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:53 PM

It fills a small part of the void in my life, and it's something to do, that's probably why.

Besides, it's not like I do much else with my life.

not sure if srs.

#19 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:12 PM

not sure if srs.

Wouldn't say if it wasn't true, and why do you care with what I do with my life?

Edited by Elindoril, 30 December 2009 - 11:13 PM.

#20 kadoatie

kadoatie
  • 284 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:46 PM

Because of my friends there.

I fucking hate TNT and the retards that run amok on the site, but my ePals and the pet I spent years training mean a lot to me.

#21 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:06 AM

the feeling of hoarding virtual credits that have little worth IRL makes me feel so happy...

#22 Sasha

Sasha
  • 633 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:54 AM

Because I've been playing since 2000 and it's one of my strongest habits.
Because pets are cuter than on other sites and I wouldn't have the patience to start any other game at this age, but I do need some daily means of wasting time.

#23 Vexage

Vexage
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:55 AM

Because its something to do in between classes, or at the moment, winter break. There is always something that could be done while on like play games or RS, so its a time killer.

#24 crazycga

crazycga
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:33 PM

Because its something to do in between classes, or at the moment, winter break. There is always something that could be done while on like play games or RS, so its a time killer.

I'll second that one; it's the biggest time-suck I've ever found... Well, legal, anyway. LOL

#25 domini212

domini212
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:05 PM

I play when i feel lonely :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users