Photo

Has neopets cracked down or am I just dumb

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:25 PM

It has been a while since i have been using abrosia on my proxied account that I use from time to time and I try to log in and it fails every time. I tried 3 of the proxies I have and they do not work. I tried checking it in the browser and after I type in the account name it says that I cannot access the site.

I'm pretty sure it is something with the neopets site and not abrosia, even though I just updated the program 20 min ago. Has anyone else noticed that their proxies do not work anymore?

#2 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:28 PM

yep me - i had 2 elite proxys that were amazing and it wont let me log in :(

Think it must be TNT

#3 Belle86

Belle86
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:30 PM

I can never use it lol.. Ive been having problems since I downloaded it

#4 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:32 PM

mine were high anonymity but they were from public sites so there is a very high probability that they just went to all the proxy sites and banned all of them. I guess I could probably pay for a proxy but then it really isn't going to be worth it until my account is over 4 months that I ab on..and I guess till I get advanced. My abing days might be over because I really don't want to ab on my main yet. I wonder if I could ab on my spare account at the college on their ip, that would probably work as long as they do not have neopets banned..that would be silly.

It'll be a great way to meet new people! Neopets in the college cafeteria!!

p.s i'm really sad neo caught on :(

#5 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:36 PM

Why not just use Tor and Vidalia? It's pretty much an infinite supply of proxies.

#6 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:39 PM

Why not just use Tor and Vidalia? It's pretty much an infinite supply of proxies.

I'm new to the whole proxy thing I never really understood how to use them untill abrosia came about and I bothered learning. So far I have only found 2 links that give me what I need for proxies so I do not know what tor or vidalia are at the moment but i'm sure going to google it and find out. Thanks in advance for whatever I am about to uncover.

So I now have tor/vidalia but I do not really get how to use it with abrosia. Since I cannot seem to get a proxy out of it due to what it does i'm assuming I should have it running and then just run abrosia on the spare account with no proxy suggested in the "web" tab.

Is this correct? i was also wondering since I do not even know what abrosia uses for a web browser, ie/firefox etc, how will I know if it is working.

Edited by unworthy, 30 December 2009 - 10:49 PM.

#7 domini212

domini212
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:09 PM

I think its the proxy it has happened to me.

#8 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:59 AM

Has neopets cracked down or am I just dumb

A litttle of both.
Posted Image

#9 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:31 AM

A litttle of both.
Posted Image

Mostly the latter.

#10 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:24 PM

Mostly the latter.

you guys are silly :) well I guess it is true. The proxies are blocked, sucks that they were good free ones, but I found some more that aren't quite as fast but good.

#11 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:07 AM

To be honest unworthy what happens with proxys is that your unlikely to be the sole user of that IP so someone else who runs it into the ground SS'ing or something will get it IP banned pretty quick.

So its not TNT going around all the proxy sites and auto banning them lol

Proxies allways only last a few days usualy for one reason or another

#12 madelined

madelined
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:58 PM

To be honest unworthy what happens with proxys is that your unlikely to be the sole user of that IP so someone else who runs it into the ground SS'ing or something will get it IP banned pretty quick.

So its not TNT going around all the proxy sites and auto banning them lol

Proxies allways only last a few days usualy for one reason or another

So if you use a proxy and someone else uses the proxy and gets frozen, youll get frozen too?

Now i dont understand why people use proxies...

ive never used one myself

#13 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:18 AM

So if you use a proxy and someone else uses the proxy and gets frozen, youll get frozen too?

Now i dont understand why people use proxies...

ive never used one myself

Na thats doubtfull - you only usualy get chain frozen if you use the same IP AND have transactions between the two (or more) accounts to prove they were related

Any the chances of you using the same proxy that someone else uses for neopets and have traded with them is pretty slim anywho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users