Photo

Can you get you're accounts back???

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:19 PM

Using pity on my 3rd attempt, i should totally start a betting pool on how many times it'll take before TNT gives me my fake bday info

#27 calvin67

calvin67
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:45 PM

I actually got my account's fake birthday sent to me after 2 years away from neopets. All i did was list the IPs i used to log into the account aswell and listed about three items from my inventory and SDB. Also included my past passwords and email addresses. I did all that and they sent my birthday details.

#28 Fayt

Fayt
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:19 AM

oi..I really have to retype this all...dumb thing didn't post. >.<

Name snipers are more likely to be Pet name Snipers. There is quite the trade going on for pets with the right name. lol. I would know becuase I'm going to snipe some the next purge. :)

As far as deleting accounts they don't do it on a 'your account is two years inactive' delete type of thing....I dont know the criteria exactly, but my account was 6 years old of not being logged into and it was still there. I do know that they do have Purges from time to time where they DO go and delete older accounts. Like I said, I don't know how they pick them, and they may have to be over two years and then have certain criteria to delete *shrugs*. My gf thinks it is ones that say ' a long, long time ago' for the last logged in, but if that was the case mine would have been gone. :p.

Also, they are going to be having a purge coming up in the near future if my gf is correct on her info, and since she is a mojor Neopet name sniper when it happens.....I trust her intel. haha.

Anyways, hope this helps clear...something up. It was longer, but I had to retype it and got lazy, xD

#29 Yumi

Yumi
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:12 AM

If you still remember the password and or birthday, then you can still log on in your old account.
But if you're trying to retrieve the account's password, I don't think you can anymore. :|
I tried it with my 3yrs+ not-accessed accounts, but they said that the account wasn't on for too long.

#30 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:06 AM

i got something else - or rather my sister
her password included ^ or a similar character (dont remember) and since then she couldnt login anymore (bcz the password didnt accept 'strange' characters)
she just stopped playing then, but her account is still visitable
she never got an answer though from TNT and basically gave up on it :( i felt very sorry for her
she just changed it to sth 'difficult' to avoid getting her PW stolen

#31 khushboo

khushboo
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:03 AM

they don't delete account because i made one in 2000 and it is still there.although i didn't use it since years

#32 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:33 AM

they don't delete account because i made one in 2000 and it is still there.although i didn't use it since years

Neopets do what is called a Purge, which means that any REALLY old and inactive accounts will get delted.

Though it *very* rarely happens, we will occasionally purge the database of extremely old accounts and Neopets that have basically been unquestionably abandoned. After this happens, these usernames and pet names are free to be created by someone else. However, please note that frozen account names (and those of the Neopets contained in them) will never become available again.

From the editorial

#33 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

my account was hacked and iced. and now my old username is gone. and another guy is using my old username,

#34 jc690

jc690
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:25 PM

This is a little off topic, but a little on topic as well. I haven't logged into one of my side accounts for roughly 4 years ... It's still available :drool: However, I cannot remember the password, and to make it worse my Hotmail account was deleted which prevents me from accessing the "Forgot Password" option. Does anyone know of a way to access my account again? I know the password and a lot of information about the account, but cannot remember the stupid password.

#35 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:07 PM

This is a little off topic, but a little on topic as well. I haven't logged into one of my side accounts for roughly 4 years ... It's still available :drool: However, I cannot remember the password, and to make it worse my Hotmail account was deleted which prevents me from accessing the "Forgot Password" option. Does anyone know of a way to access my account again? I know the password and a lot of information about the account, but cannot remember the stupid password.

Contact the staff about it.

#36 dannylim

dannylim
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:01 PM

I would +1 to the number of people that can access their old account after more than 2 years of inactivity.

Accidentally double posted edit~

Edited by dannylim, 17 October 2010 - 06:03 PM.

#37 dannylim

dannylim
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:01 PM

double post

Edited by dannylim, 17 October 2010 - 06:03 PM.

#38 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:20 PM

My account I created in 2001 is still there
but I can't access it , rofl, i tried contacting tnt and as usual they're fail with their automated mails. ffs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users