Photo

[G U I D E] Proxys and How to use them!

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#251 lokita

lokita
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

Good point :) I'll mess around with proxies some more, figure out which countries will give me the best results.

Or I can just stop making it hard on myself and buy a proxy >_>

#252 Iterative

Iterative
  • 184 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

I was shopping around for some cheap proxies today, and since I see a lot of people wondering about which companiesto go with, I just thought I'd link to the place I went comparison shopping. BlackHatWorld has a nice forum with proxies for sale, often with discounts (although a lot of it is for bulk sales). I personally jumped on a deal by NewIPNow, which gave me 4 proxies for $5/month (half-price for forum members). If you use 10+ proxies, you'll have a lot of options for $1/proxy pricing.

#253 Utopia

Utopia
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

Hello. Thank you for the guide. I do have one question. I have a Foxyproxy and I was wondering how should I go about using it for Neopet accounts? Disable foxy for my main account and enable it for my "side" account? Also, do you have to log out and close the page entirely before disabling the proxy?

#254 mega0impact

mega0impact
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

Why is it that when I use the high elite proxies from hide my ass and do ip check with what's my ip ALL of them display my ip, along with a statement that other ips are detected ( the ip that was possibly detected was the one I got from the hide my ass)

In that case, whats the purpose of putting it as high anoynimous elite?

#255 ilmc91

ilmc91
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

I have over five Neopets accounts, and as I don't want them to be freezed, I'm considering buying private proxies for my accounts. That is Elite Proxies, of course.

But all my accounts are connected to the same email address. Will that still be a risk even when I use the proxies?

And also, do I have to switch between the IPs everytime I log in to my other accounts, or are there softwares that offers to connect one proxy to each account?

I'm only going to use the proxies for my dailies :innocent: One account is not enough for me..

I know that it's not guaranteed that my accounts won't get frozen even when using proxies, but how high are the chances? I only play games to earn NPs, that's all..

Edited by ilmc91, 22 August 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#256 midna

midna
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

Thank you so much for this! I was totally lost with everything so this is really helpful.

#257 Kaidra

Kaidra
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

I have over five Neopets accounts, and as I don't want them to be freezed, I'm considering buying private proxies for my accounts. That is Elite Proxies, of course.

But all my accounts are connected to the same email address. Will that still be a risk even when I use the proxies?

And also, do I have to switch between the IPs everytime I log in to my other accounts, or are there softwares that offers to connect one proxy to each account?

I'm only going to use the proxies for my dailies :innocent: One account is not enough for me..

I know that it's not guaranteed that my accounts won't get frozen even when using proxies, but how high are the chances? I only play games to earn NPs, that's all..

As you stated, you have all the accounts linked to one address. So at the current way you have it, using a proxy will do nothing. Because TNT see's these accounts getting wealth and they are all connected to ONE EMAIL ADDRESS. Which will result in you getting frozen.

#258 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:56 AM

As you stated, you have all the accounts linked to one address. So at the current way you have it, using a proxy will do nothing. Because TNT see's these accounts getting wealth and they are all connected to ONE EMAIL ADDRESS. Which will result in you getting frozen.

Thanks Kaidra.

It is possible yes that it will all get linked back to the email. But in all honesty, I have had accounts on the same email, on different proxies, and only one has been frozen. It all depends on TNT and what they want to do with your situation.

To be safe though, its best to have no relations to other accounts what so ever, created on a seperate IP, seperatte email ect ect.

#259 xxxccc

xxxccc
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:14 AM

brilliant well explained guide

#260 turtleowl

turtleowl
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

Question - What are SOCKS5? Should you use socks or transparent?

#261 Geistowl

Geistowl
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:28 AM

Thank you for this guide, but I have a question.
I recently logged into an account that will be a new main (Because I got Chain-Frozen) with my original IP address. I also just bought a new Proxy, and have been using it on that account. Will this raise any flags? I don't want to be frozen for the same reason I was frozen before all because of my old IP.
Thank you in advanced.

#262 cherbear

cherbear
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Thanks! I find the whole proxy thing confusing so I'm trying to get a good understanding of how it works before I try it out. 

#263 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

Abrosia don't let me use any proxy.

"Status: Initalizing..." that's all I get whenever I tried to use a proxy, so I quit trying. Never used one and never got the chilly ice of freezing in all these years even tho I use, in a regular basis, +10 shell accounts, and send NP + items to my main every week... lol

#264 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:57 AM

Abrosia don't let me use any proxy.

"Status: Initalizing..." that's all I get whenever I tried to use a proxy, so I quit trying. Never used one and never got the chilly ice of freezing in all these years even tho I use, in a regular basis, +10 shell accounts, and send NP + items to my main every week... lol

It does seem that you might have been having some good luck not getting iced at all, but I'm glad its working for you :)

If you do want some help on setting one up feel free to send me a message.

#265 ergonio

ergonio
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

thanks a lot for the guide. decided to buy a proxy today. and it works.

#266 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:17 AM

Feel free to share your proxy sites and I can add them to the guide :)

#267 Veini

Veini
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:12 AM

Thanks for the guide, it really helps :D

#268 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

Any thoughts on paid elite proxies vs VPN? I'm thinking about setting up some more accounts to AB with and from looking around it seems as if they are both similar prices, and with a VPN there is no hassle of changing the IP in each Abrosia client and each browser.

#269 LegitRSer

LegitRSer
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

I found a free US Elite proxy on google. Will it work as well as a private proxy?

#270 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

I found a free US Elite proxy on google. Will it work as well as a private proxy?

Probably not.

#271 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

I don't AB but have found that I really like using Proxify (subscription, not the free one) plus their Satellites service for when I am on my other accounts (which I mostly use for adopting and maintaining pets as well as playing FC and non-Flash games).  What I would like to do also is purchase proxies which correspond to the cities that I use Proxify Satellites from so that I can use those with the SS, but until I can figure out how to auth before the score sender kicks off, I'm not exactly sure how to proceed with this plan.

Apologies in advance: this is obviously not my area of expertise, but if anyone has suggestions, I'd love for you to contact me with them.

#272 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

June 22nd update: I've figured out some of the additional features of Proxify that I'd formerly not explored, and I'm able to accomplish some of the things I'd wanted to and thus am a happy little Codexian not needing an immediate answer or solution to my previous inquiry.  ;)

(P.S. -- For anyone else who may be slightly challenged in this area as I am, I'm more than happy to share what I have learned with anyone who wishes to message about it.)

Edited by Cordelia, 22 June 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#273 savannahdear

savannahdear
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

For someone like myself who is a complete proxy idiot, this helped a ton. Thanks!

#274 Teru

Teru
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

Very helpful guide ^_^

#275 thakur88

thakur88
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

great post :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users