[G U I D E] Proxys and How to use them!

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#26 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:55 AM

can i use the ip from my cousing's house as a proxy? also how do i know if its a transparent proxy or an elite one?
????

You could, aslong as your cousin doesnt mind and keeps their internet on when u want to use their IP

http://checker.samair.ru/

Use that site queen :D put the IP on your browser then click the link, should tell you

#27 Ninetales

Ninetales
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:31 PM

Thank you!! This is very helpful!! :)

#28 lua

lua
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:04 PM

Thank you so much! These things confuse me a great deal - but I was able to understand. :thumbsup:

#29 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:11 PM

Does anyone know what to do if you are on vacation for a long period of time? Like for example, in two days I'm leaving for my uncle's house in Kansas, and obviously my IP will be different. Will this send red flags to TNT?

#30 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:50 AM

Does anyone know what to do if you are on vacation for a long period of time? Like for example, in two days I'm leaving for my uncle's house in Kansas, and obviously my IP will be different. Will this send red flags to TNT?

If you leave for a little while, then they see you come back, they're not idiots. It was clearly a trip.

If you jump from IP to IP to IP and some of them happen to be the same as other cheaters are using, it would obv. be more dangerous.

#31 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:09 AM

No offense, but I thought TNT was a bunch of idiots? o.O

But thanks for the answer anyway, I was just worried because I didn't want them to get freeze-happy :D

#32 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:41 AM

awesome guide, I always stayed clear of proxies but now I might start using them for the sake of my IP's safety.

#33 SocialRumor

SocialRumor
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:10 PM

I had no idea how to use proxies, and this guide helped me out TREMENDOUSLY! Thank you so much! :)

#34 Rita

Rita
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:25 AM

Amazing guide, thanks a lot! :)

#35 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:01 PM

Quick question: Are all SOCKS v4/v5 proxies elite? Or do SOCKS proxies also have their own classifications? (transparent, anonymous, elite). Also, for the programs here, do you know which types of proxies don't work? I believe it's the HTTPS proxies that don't work on those programs, correct?

#36 Narna

Narna
  • 361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:15 AM

Great guide, it's great help! Been using this guide, works with other things as well.

#37 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:55 PM

Quick question: Are all SOCKS v4/v5 proxies elite? Or do SOCKS proxies also have their own classifications? (transparent, anonymous, elite). Also, for the programs here, do you know which types of proxies don't work? I believe it's the HTTPS proxies that don't work on those programs, correct?

Hiya :) because of my limited knowledge heres a website that should tell you more about SOCKS proxies;

http://www.freeproxy...socks_proxy.htm

As regards to the HTTP, you would need a HTTP proxy to be able to run on the programmes, non HTTP dont seem to work for me.

And side note - I'm glad you guys are finding this still usefull :D (even if im not online so much anymore)

#38 AmberVix

AmberVix
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:02 PM

Thank you very much for this Georgina! I was rather clueless before I read this - so thanks again.

#39 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:29 AM

great guide!

#40 munie

munie
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:30 PM

Great guide! I've read about proxys for a long time now and never really tried to use them :p
I'm wondering if you could tell me what I'm doing wrong here~

So I downloaded FoxyProxy, and I got a proxy from some a random proxy list, I hooked it up and then I went to check my IP at
http://checker.samair.ru/ .... my IP address did not change at all! However, when I went to http://www.whatismyip.com/ ... my IP showed up as the one I got from the free proxy list.

O_o ... I'm guessing that my IP isnt actually hidden?? Any help is greatly appreciated! :D

*oh, and when i tried to post with foxyproxy still on it wouldnt let me >_> I had to disable foxyproxy before I could post this message!*

EDIT: Oh.. does that mean that the proxy I was using isnt high anonymity? Where can I get good stable lists of fast working ones?

Edited by munie, 28 June 2010 - 03:23 PM.

#41 munie

munie
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:17 PM

ok so I finally got some proxys to start working.. the only quesiton is.. some of the proxies i try to use.. when i load a flash game everything just appears as undefined.. and when i try to sign up for an account with it it wont let me check for availability.. what does that mean?

#42 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:01 AM

Thanks so much! I can use this in school

#43 picole

picole
  • 483 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:28 AM

ambrosia already have the proxy test, so I was so entedi
but other types of proxy, have to download or something?
I read the status of the translator and get a bit vague, because the translator does not help much

#44 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

ambrosia already have the proxy test, so I was so entedi
but other types of proxy, have to download or something?
I read the status of the translator and get a bit vague, because the translator does not help much

Sorry Picole, I'm not sure what you mean by this.

If you wish to use a proxy in your Internet browser then there are ways to do that. But Abrosia will accept most types of proxy.

Let me know if you meant something different. Where are you from? Is there anyone who can speak your language and translate to English for me so i can help?

#45 picole

picole
  • 483 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

I'm brasilian
but my case is to use the NG, one girl said it had frozen all accounts due to the ip, and using proxy, ran less risk

#46 Taraberra

Taraberra
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:08 PM

Suddenly, things make a lot more sense to me now. xD All the other explanations I found through Google were so... confusing. So thank you very much!

#47 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:03 AM

just wondering, this can be used in a school computer to right?

#48 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:47 PM

just wondering, this can be used in a school computer to right?

As long as you can change your browser settings, yes.

#49 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:01 PM

I'm brasilian
but my case is to use the NG, one girl said it had frozen all accounts due to the ip, and using proxy, ran less risk

Yes Using a proxy means that it will hide your own IP so wont link all your accounts to each other providing you allways use a different IP adress on each one :)

#50 Information

Information
  • 246 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:52 PM

I thank you for the guide, but I doubt I'll be using it. I never have used them and I doubt I ever will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users