Photo

[G U I D E] Proxys and How to use them!

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#51 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:04 AM

so i've inputted all the proxy settings into abrosia and tested the proxy server. it said that it was working fine. then i proceeded to log in but it keeps saying there's an error on login. any ideas why? is it the proxy's fault?

#52 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:53 AM

so i've inputted all the proxy settings into abrosia and tested the proxy server. it said that it was working fine. then i proceeded to log in but it keeps saying there's an error on login. any ideas why? is it the proxy's fault?

The short answer is yes.

If the proxy requires manual interaction from a human, it can't be used by Abrosia.

If the proxy limits scripts and such, then it is also useless...

It's worth testing the proxies manually first on Neopets ;)

#53 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

is using a proxy really that much help when im using abrosia on my main and i own no side accounts? do i really look less suspicious from an ip that isnt me? plus i usually play on my laptop so i still have my home pc if something happens to my laptops ip (frozen)

#54 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:54 PM

is using a proxy really that much help when im using abrosia on my main and i own no side accounts? do i really look less suspicious from an ip that isnt me? plus i usually play on my laptop so i still have my home pc if something happens to my laptops ip (frozen)

the only reason you would need a proxy is to 1, avoid a chain freeze as you have multiple accounts, or 2 you are up to serious risky business and dont want to be IP banned from neo.

Im sure I kinda said this in my guide tho.....have a read of it and it will help.

#55 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:01 PM

no no i understand this, and i read that, my question was more at something that wasn't made too clear which was if using a proxy will help someone with only one account doing something not too risky

#56 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:03 PM

no no i understand this, and i read that, my question was more at something that wasn't made too clear which was if using a proxy will help someone with only one account doing something not too risky

I think i just answered that then :) hehe

You should be fine.

#57 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:06 PM

yes you did :) i think i'm careful enough, i just ab too many hours a day, but it's no more than the amount i was legit playing before so it shouldn't be too suspicious right? :S

#58 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:09 PM

yes you did :) i think i'm careful enough, i just ab too many hours a day, but it's no more than the amount i was legit playing before so it shouldn't be too suspicious right? :S

Theres no set amount to say that you wont get frozen, its more or less random if TNT catch you or not unless you doing it 24/7 or something silly but doesnt sound like you are :)

Personaly, ive never been frozen for AB'ing.

#59 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:14 PM

naw i do like 3 hour sessions, hour break for like 3 or 4 rounds... worst i've ever done was like 6 hours straight, and from what i've read it shouldnt be too bad :) i've been rs banned once and thats about the worst tnt has ever done to me (plus that has nothing to do with abrosia so...) anyway, great guide!

#60 CyberDar

CyberDar
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:58 PM

Great guide thank you, just a quick question, is it normal for your internet speed to slow right down when using a proxy?

#61 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:20 AM

Great guide thank you, just a quick question, is it normal for your internet speed to slow right down when using a proxy?

No problem! Glad it helped you :D

Yes perfectly normal.

Unfortunatly its very rare/expensive to get a proxy that is the same speed as your own IP.

Logical really as you basicly running your PC off someone elses computer adress, which may be miles and miles away from you, so the connection takes longer.

Edited by Georgina, 08 July 2010 - 11:21 AM.

#62 munie

munie
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:32 PM

No problem! Glad it helped you :D

Yes perfectly normal.

Unfortunatly its very rare/expensive to get a proxy that is the same speed as your own IP.

Logical really as you basicly running your PC off someone elses computer adress, which may be miles and miles away from you, so the connection takes longer.

yeah.. and just think.. if you actually find a good working proxy off the internet.. maybe someone else is using tha tproxy too? so you both might get banned? D:

#63 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:37 AM

yeah.. and just think.. if you actually find a good working proxy off the internet.. maybe someone else is using tha tproxy too? so you both might get banned? D:

Yep, but out of all the thousands and millions of Proxies you can pick you have to be VERY unlucky to pick one thats being used by someone on neopets illegitly lol.

Im sure its possible though.

Best advice is to pay for them :)

#64 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:14 PM

When I'm changing my web settings, I'm not sure what to put in the IP Address/Port.

#65 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

When I'm changing my web settings, I'm not sure what to put in the IP Address/Port.

Did you read my guide at all? o.O

#66 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:58 PM

Did you read my guide at all? o.O

Aha yes, I did.
I'm just not tech-savvy whatsoever.
Instructions were a little hard to understand.

#67 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

Aha yes, I did.
I'm just not tech-savvy whatsoever.
Instructions were a little hard to understand.

Okie doke, lol dont worry. the total IP adress should look something like:

124.124.105.138:80

This, so....

124.124.105.138 < IP adress
80 < Port

Hope that explains it

#68 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:42 PM

Okie doke, lol dont worry. the total IP adress should look something like:

124.124.105.138:80

This, so....

124.124.105.138 < IP adress
80 < Port

Hope that explains it

Doesn't it look more suspicious if you're attempting to use a proxy ?
I think if you don't use one it would look less.. odd.

#69 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

it'll only look suspicious if the location of the proxy changes every time you log on...
ie. day 1 - USA, day 2 - UK, day 3 - Netherlands, etc

and if you use it properly, they shouldnt be able to link it to your main

#70 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:30 PM

Doesn't it look more suspicious if you're attempting to use a proxy ?
I think if you don't use one it would look less.. odd.

They cant tell its a proxy lol

#71 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:13 AM

They cant tell its a proxy lol

but then only with anonymous proxies, right? not transparent ones

#72 miih

miih
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:37 AM

great guide..... thanks . I never have used

#73 munie

munie
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:24 AM

but then only with anonymous proxies, right? not transparent ones

I think it works like this

Elite Proxy : Neopets won't know its a proxy, and Neopets wont be able to track your original IP
Anonymous Proxy : Neopets can tell you are using a proxy, but they can't trace you to your original IP
Transparent : Neopets can see right through it! So your real IP address is NOT hidden.

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

#74 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

I think it works like this

Elite Proxy : Neopets won't know its a proxy, and Neopets wont be able to track your original IP
Anonymous Proxy : Neopets can tell you are using a proxy, but they can't trace you to your original IP
Transparent : Neopets can see right through it! So your real IP address is NOT hidden.

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Correct!

And High Anonymity Proxies are more or less the same as elite

#75 lowellite

lowellite
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:42 PM

Thank you for writing such a detailed guide!

If you have time, would you mind giving me some pointers on how to find proxies compatible with Abrosia? I am thinking of getting advanced membership, but I can't seem to find any usable proxies. In addiction to having a life-span of less than an hour, they are either incredibly slow (10+ seconds to load a page, or unable to load a page at all) and/or incompatible with Abrosia for some reason. I suppose I can buy a proxy list, but they don't seem to be reliable either....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users