[G U I D E] Proxys and How to use them!

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#76 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:45 AM

Thank you for writing such a detailed guide!

If you have time, would you mind giving me some pointers on how to find proxies compatible with Abrosia? I am thinking of getting advanced membership, but I can't seem to find any usable proxies. In addiction to having a life-span of less than an hour, they are either incredibly slow (10+ seconds to load a page, or unable to load a page at all) and/or incompatible with Abrosia for some reason. I suppose I can buy a proxy list, but they don't seem to be reliable either....

Sure id be happy to help.

Most of the free ones will only be active and fast for a day or two maximum, and obviously never as fast as your own connection, but you should get them at arround 1 - 2 seconds delay for a good one.

If you PM me where abouts you are from I shall try and find you some good proxies :)

#77 neokau

neokau
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

awesome guide! :thumbsup:

i just wonder. ... won't neopets realize when so many users use a (elite) proxy - i mean won't they see the same ip on various accounts and wonder?

as i see there are not that many reliable proxy server to use. and if like 250 user use the same proxy combination of e.g. 123.456.789.00 - won't any neopets protection script let them know? or does elite proxy mean, not even any ip shows up on their servers?
because i read elite is highly anonymous - but something must show up at their screens right?

so does the ip 123.456.789.00 show up?
and if 123.456.789.00 shows up, won't that be suspicious if 250 x 123.456.789.00 whos up in their logs?
or does nothing show up? and if nothing shows up, isn't that suspicious too?

i googled elite proxy and read a summary. but this elite and anonymous proxy still puzzle me.

#78 Celestial

Celestial
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:48 AM

neokau there will most likely not be 250 people using the same proxies. the Cheating community is big but not that big. what you should do is find a source of proxies that is accessible to everyone else. I have access to a few thousand a day and i scan through them and only use the quickest ones. I know that most people will not have access to use the same proxies i do. When neopets sees the proxy. they dont know that it is a proxy. all the elite proxy does is make it seem like your location is coming from somewhere else. I could use a proxy here from within the US and its not going to say im trying to hide that it would only say i am from where ever the proxy is pointed to. If you are really worried about everyone using the same proxies feel free to pm me i can get you some of my proxies if you would like. I would obviously give you ones that i have not used. and you would be able to use them longer since you would be the only one using it.

#79 neokau

neokau
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

@Celestial
thank you so much! you should have something in your mailbox by the time now. :blush:

#80 EzioAuditore

EzioAuditore
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

So when you use a proxy on a new account, does TNT care? I mean, some people connect through proxies regularly, right? I am looking to start ABing, but I want to do it on a new account and I don't want it to be associated with my main account at all aside from transfering money/items eventually. I'm just not quite sure what the best way to go about this is.

Can anyone provide me with some insight?

#81 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:08 PM

Just want to say that this is a great guide and thanks again for it. I'm about to start getting into proxies.

#82 yannie

yannie
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:34 PM

Any recommendations on getting a good paid proxy?(Thanks for the guide!)

#83 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:32 PM

Yes Yannie, i know great site.

http://www.eliteprox...om/buyproxy.php

Best for paid proxies IMO

#84 neokau

neokau
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:25 PM

i hope you do not mind me asking another question.

when using a proxy with firefox - aren't there javascripts that tell your true ip?
does neopets use these javascripts or doe they just keep track of the ip your are really surfing with?

sorry i do not know much about computer languages - i have no idea what they can track and what not.

#85 Ilya

Ilya
  • 2419 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:38 PM

nice tutorial good job!

#86 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:59 PM

i hope you do not mind me asking another question.

when using a proxy with firefox - aren't there javascripts that tell your true ip?
does neopets use these javascripts or doe they just keep track of the ip your are really surfing with?

sorry i do not know much about computer languages - i have no idea what they can track and what not.

Ok to be honest im not 100% sure but I would say that with an elite proxy your going to be safe anyway - ive not heard of someone being IP banned on their origonal proxy or iced an of their mains when using a proxy on sides etc so im doubting neo have that information.

Oh and thanks Ilya :)

#87 EzioAuditore

EzioAuditore
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

I am mainly looking to find a proxy that is decently fast, and works with Abrosia. I have foxy proxy and have been able to connect to other sites, but when I try to load neopets with a new account I can't load any pages at neopets.com even on a brand new account.

Ideas on why this is, and could you help me find a few good proxies?

#88 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:26 AM

I am mainly looking to find a proxy that is decently fast, and works with Abrosia. I have foxy proxy and have been able to connect to other sites, but when I try to load neopets with a new account I can't load any pages at neopets.com even on a brand new account.

Ideas on why this is, and could you help me find a few good proxies?

Unfortunatly any free public proxys can be acsessd by anyone, and many have allready been IP banned by TNT. I would allways say paying is best but if you look hard enough you can find decent free ones to keep you going.

Just Google "free elite proxy" and you'll get hundreds of web pages with good proxies to try, as i said before download the Elite proxy Switched i linked in one of my above posts and it means you will be able to check allot of proxies simultaneously and fast.

here's a couple of sites to get your started:

http://bestproxy.info/

http://www.freeproxy....com/elite.html

http://proxies.my-proxy.com/

#89 EzioAuditore

EzioAuditore
  • 246 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:21 PM

Unfortunatly any free public proxys can be acsessd by anyone, and many have allready been IP banned by TNT. I would allways say paying is best but if you look hard enough you can find decent free ones to keep you going.

Just Google "free elite proxy" and you'll get hundreds of web pages with good proxies to try, as i said before download the Elite proxy Switched i linked in one of my above posts and it means you will be able to check allot of proxies simultaneously and fast.

here's a couple of sites to get your started:

http://bestproxy.info/

http://www.freeproxy....com/elite.html

http://proxies.my-proxy.com/

+1

Thanks for the help, I finally got a decent proxy and Abrosia is running on it and I have made a decent amount of np already with it!

#90 neokau

neokau
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

thanks so much for the reply. :D

#91 Pirates

Pirates
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

I have another question :o

Whenever I try to register a new account with a working proxy, it automatically directs me to the email page when registering, but when I put it in, I go into the account instead of making a new account :o
Does that happen to you?

#92 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:15 PM

I have another question :o

Whenever I try to register a new account with a working proxy, it automatically directs me to the email page when registering, but when I put it in, I go into the account instead of making a new account :o
Does that happen to you?

Nope - try clearing all your cookies, cache and history and try again :)

#93 bobsauce

bobsauce
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:51 PM

http://www.wildersse...ad.php?t=267778

a detailed discussion about whether java/flash etc can see through a proxy. There is no real conclusion but there are several in-depth sites like whatsmyip to test what info your java and flash are giving out.

I've been iced in java based games before using a proxy. Granted I was iced for multiple accounts and the way they determined that wasn't provided to me (could have been similar usernames/pw/email, etc). On the same proxy thus far I haven't had any issues with neopets but I disable java and don't play any flash games.

edit: I've never found a check my info site that will display my real ip. I have however noticed os, browser, and most importantly add-ons make it through my vpn. While neopets wouldn't be tracking those things if they somehow became suspicious of your accounts, information like that could help them in their conclusion. I'd love to see some in depth info on the user agent feature of ABrosia.

Edited by bobsauce, 23 August 2010 - 03:57 PM.

#94 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:02 PM

http://www.wildersse...ad.php?t=267778

a detailed discussion about whether java/flash etc can see through a proxy. There is no real conclusion but there are several in-depth sites like whatsmyip to test what info your java and flash are giving out.

I've been iced in java based games before using a proxy. Granted I was iced for multiple accounts and the way they determined that wasn't provided to me (could have been similar usernames/pw/email, etc). On the same proxy thus far I haven't had any issues with neopets but I disable java and don't play any flash games.

edit: I've never found a check my info site that will display my real ip. I have however noticed os, browser, and most importantly add-ons make it through my vpn. While neopets wouldn't be tracking those things if they somehow became suspicious of your accounts, information like that could help them in their conclusion. I'd love to see some in depth info on the user agent feature of ABrosia.

Heya bob - yes ive seen a debate like that before. No one really knows what TNT can/cant see and i agree with you, ive has add - ons etc see my real IP but its just a case of trail and error i suppose. So far the majority of people who use proxies on neo have never been IP banned but maybe at some point TNT will look to use something that will enable them to see through all proxy settings. Right now i wouldnt worry about it too much though..

#95 Pirates

Pirates
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:53 PM

Nope - try clearing all your cookies, cache and history and try again :)

Thanks so much :D

You've been so helpful ^^

Sorry for the double post, but my elite proxy switcher recognizes the IPs as real, but abrosia doesn't, so which one is right?
I don't remember you answering it yesterday :o

nvm double posts are automatically added to the previous post :D

Edited by Pirates, 23 August 2010 - 05:54 PM.

#96 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:38 AM

Thanks so much :D

You've been so helpful ^^

Sorry for the double post, but my elite proxy switcher recognizes the IPs as real, but abrosia doesn't, so which one is right?
I don't remember you answering it yesterday :o

nvm double posts are automatically added to the previous post :D

The proxy switcher tests the IP's to thier own standard, Abrosia may have problems with some, either because they are incomptable or maybe IP banned. Just go for the level ones (sometimes level 2s) that work with Abrosia and you should be fine.

You can allways use http://www.samair.ru...y/proxychecker/

to double check them.

#97 Pirates

Pirates
  • 302 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:18 PM

The IP you mailed me was shown differently, but its not my home IP.
I don't know whether this is really detailed enough for you to tell whats happening o.o

#98 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:26 PM

The IP you mailed me was shown differently, but its not my home IP.
I don't know whether this is really detailed enough for you to tell whats happening o.o

Nope im a bit lost lol. Mail me whats going on and ill look into it :D

#99 Guest_tatosnyder_*

Guest_tatosnyder_*

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:18 PM

Wow. Very nice guide Georgina. :) This will help a TON of people, and I learned a few things too. :p

#100 heaplay

heaplay
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:23 PM

Great Guidelines~~
Thanks for sharing~~
But it is difficult to find a free and useful proxyserver.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users