Photo

[G U I D E] Proxys and How to use them!

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#101 bobsauce

bobsauce
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

If you're paranoid, even using a proxy, its a good idea to know some of the information websites gather when you visit and exploit that to your advantage. This information is submitted correctly through my elite vpn proxy. For the most part this stuff isn't necessary but if you ever wonder how they chain iced your side accounts while using a proxy it is a mix of personal information, trends, and the following.

When someone visits my website, in addition to their ip and service provider I get (with a basic free stat gatherer-I could get a lot more info if I wanted to spend a few bucks a month):

WinVista (1024x819x32) -operating system and screen resolution
MSIE 8.0 (JavaScript: 1.3, Cookie: Yes, Java: Yes) -browser, java, etc

WinXP (1600x900x24)
Firefox 3.6 (JavaScript: 1.8, Cookie: Yes, Java: Yes)
Neopets can tell that you are using different computer and you can trick them into thinking you are.

Changing your screen resolution and color depth is the easiest. Even installing and using different versions of the same browser can make them second guess suspicion. Also, through an elite proxy they can see your browsers addons which was mentioned earlier. Not a big deal and you wont get iced for it, but when deciding which of the 10 accounts they are thinking are yours having a different version of firefox with different addons installed and only used on a specific account will help

If you really, really, want to protect your account you can uninstall the latest java update leaving an older version and then reinstall.

I wouldn't go through any of this trouble for shells, but to make sure my main isn't linked with anything, I'll do anything. If you really wanted to get complicated you could run duel operating systems on different partitions and use one only for your main account (say you use windows 7-install xp on a separate partition and only log into your main account from xp.)

If anyone finds this interesting/useful pm me and I can explain how to do some of this stuff if you aren't computer savy.

p.s If you are savy and want to run a bunch of very, very legit looking accounts get a couple flash drives. Install live versions of different operating systems (one per flash drive) and set your bios to boot from usb. Tweak everything to run bare bones because flash drives are way slower than ram and tada as far as neopets is concerned you ARE on different computers.

Edited by bobsauce, 01 September 2010 - 10:48 PM.

#102 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:07 AM

I finally decided to come back to this guide and try to understand it, and guess what? I get it now. (:
What I'm working on now is finding a proxy that isn't incredibly slow. So far the page loads in about 1.5 seconds up to about 7 seconds which is WAY too long. I'm looking for one under 1 second. I can't find any good sites.

#103 Code

Code
  • Patron of Absorbia

• 435 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:42 PM

Thank you for the guide, I know how to use proxy already before this guide, but one thing I'm still having trouble with is getting a fast proxy. Right now I only have one that is working and fast, others sometimes are fast as well but not stable. Do you have any sites you could get free and somewhat reliable, fast proxies? Sorry if this had been asked before lol, too lazy to read though posts :p
Also, would it be possible to send me some working pretty proxies?:thumbsup:
Thx, you rock :D

#104 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:21 PM

Hai guys

tbh if you want a proxy thats going to last weeks and weeks, and has hardly any delay you gotta pay the $ - which is what i do, and it works great.

other than that google is your friend!

But if you are honestly really really having a hard time pm me, and ill try sort you out with some.

#105 Code

Code
  • Patron of Absorbia

• 435 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:55 AM

Ah, $...

My paypal is not even verified yet, not sure what i can do, guess I'll just keep trrying on and hopefully finding a good one

Thanks for the help though :D If I'm really desperate I'll pm you, right now cause of school I can't eve go on much anymore so.. I gotta take 'a hiatus from abrosia', and I just achieved advanced :lookaround:

#106 BEEEEWRRYY

BEEEEWRRYY
  • 315 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:58 PM

Was having a problem. I found a decent proxy server I think and when I clicked test it was pretty good. However, when I tried logging into Ambrosia with my neopet login, it says ERROR but when I turn off the proxy, I can login fine. Is it safe to assume that even though the proxy works I cannot use it for some reason?

#107 Wingchi

Wingchi
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:42 PM

Thanks for the helpful guide! For people that want a reliable proxy and don't want to shell out the $$ for it, there is another solution.

This will require:
- another computer (that doesn't log on to neopets)
- a fairly decent internet connection on that computer
- some knowledge on how to set up a proxy server

The idea is that you can set up your own proxy server on a friend/family member's computer, as long as they are okay with it, and they don't play neopets. I set mine up on my parents' computer at home, so it looks like one of my accounts only ever logs on from there. If there's interest I may post a guide of its own for this.

^_^

#108 BEEEEWRRYY

BEEEEWRRYY
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:22 AM

Thanks for the helpful guide! For people that want a reliable proxy and don't want to shell out the $ for it, there is another solution.

This will require:

The idea is that you can set up your own proxy server on a friend/family member's computer, as long as they are okay with it, and they don't play neopets. I set mine up on my parents' computer at home, so it looks like one of my accounts only ever logs on from there. If there's interest I may post a guide of its own for this.

^_^

Knowledge is power!

#109 BEEEEWRRYY

BEEEEWRRYY
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:22 AM

Thanks for the helpful guide! For people that want a reliable proxy and don't want to shell out the $ for it, there is another solution.

This will require:

^_^

Knowledge is power!

#110 dicks

dicks
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:18 PM

Yes Yannie, i know great site.

http://www.eliteprox...om/buyproxy.php

Best for paid proxies IMO

i might be doing something wrong but i just paid $10 to this site for a list of proxies and most of them dont work and the few that do are chinese and are very slow, the neopets site wont work with them

#111 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2010 - 05:38 AM

i might be doing something wrong but i just paid $10 to this site for a list of proxies and most of them dont work and the few that do are chinese and are very slow, the neopets site wont work with them

Oh thats strange :/

Did you download the the checker software also?

Where in the world do you live? you should be ok if your in the USA

#112 Vivillon

Vivillon
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:47 PM

I have a question.
I put a proxy in my Abrosia, for an acc. That proxy hides that acc right? not my main? (I don't AB on my main)

I also have another question I put a proxy on my Firefox, but I use Google chrome does that proxy affect Chrome?

#113 Krawkit

Krawkit
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:31 PM

You can use the proxy on your other account but if you start using different IPs on your main account it will just look like someone hacked you.

So you can use your main on your normal IP and then switch over to your side and use your proxy no problem at all - but not on your main - stick to the one IP.

Can you do it the other way round? Say by using your side to RS with your normal IP then using another IP to restock on your main?

#114 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

I have a question.
I put a proxy in my Abrosia, for an acc. That proxy hides that acc right? not my main? (I don't AB on my main)

I also have another question I put a proxy on my Firefox, but I use Google chrome does that proxy affect Chrome?

Are these serious questions?

#115 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:11 AM

I have a question.

1. Yes.
2. No.

Can you do it the other way round? Say by using your side to RS with your normal IP then using another IP to restock on your main?

I'm sure I answered that in the quote of mine you quoted o_0

#116 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:07 PM

I searched thgough a lot of free proxies and all of them were horrible.
Can I use an IP direction of a neighbour/friend/anyone that allow me to as a proxy?

#117 zevrom

zevrom
  • 411 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:21 PM

Great guide :thumbsup:
Trying to find a proxy that actually works:p

#118 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:11 PM

I have a question..
I have purchased a list from http://www.eliteprox...m/#professional like you've recommended me to but all of the elite proxies are not compatable with the neopets site.
Like i'll log in and it'll go to an error 404 page or something like that. (I live in the US btw)
Im wondering if the Level 2 (Anonymous) proxies are still just as good.. or if you know any information as to making the elites work.

#119 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

I have a question..
I have purchased a list from http://www.eliteprox...m/#professional like you've recommended me to but all of the elite proxies are not compatable with the neopets site.
Like i'll log in and it'll go to an error 404 page or something like that. (I live in the US btw)
Im wondering if the Level 2 (Anonymous) proxies are still just as good.. or if you know any information as to making the elites work.

Hmm, that's strange, As I'm in the UK I cant really comment on the US lists but when I previously had an issue and mailed them they seemed very helpful. It might be worth telling them the list you have isn't compatible and giving them the website address and they will probably be able to find the problem out themselves and either give you a new list, or a refund!

Level 2 would be ok, but not recommended. They still wont see your IP but will know your hiding something.

#120 HeavenNEarth

HeavenNEarth
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

The last 3 digits of my IP adress keeps changing everytime i refresh the page, why is it so? o.O I used the checker at the first page of ur links :D

#121 tim513

tim513
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

good guide, never knew how to use proxies. ty

#122 maruvott

maruvott
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:21 PM

You're great, I was actually very worried about proxys, I didn't knew why everybody use them and I didin't! I've got a few questions:
-If I use only 1 account, it is necessary to use an IP Proxy? (I do that, just for security)
-Do you know where to get an IP Proxy? I really don't know where to get one.

#123 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:42 AM

You're great, I was actually very worried about proxys, I didn't knew why everybody use them and I didin't! I've got a few questions:
-If I use only 1 account, it is necessary to use an IP Proxy? (I do that, just for security)
-Do you know where to get an IP Proxy? I really don't know where to get one.

-No
-Google is your friend. You'll find plenty of shitty ones before you find a good one, though.

#124 maruvott

maruvott
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:55 AM

Thank you for the info. I hope I get a good one soon :)

#125 TheDealer

TheDealer
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:30 PM

Really helpful guide, thanks a lot :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users