Photo

Tip for Game Graveyard Avatar

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Danielle88

Danielle88
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:48 AM

I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same problem as me, but I've spent over an hour manually refreshing at the Game Graveyard for the avatar and still don't have the avatar.

If you use Firefox there's an Addon called RefreshEvery - it has the option to refresh every 5,10,30s, etc. There's also a custom setting - so I set mine to refresh every second, opened up the Game Graveyard in another window and turned the refresher on. Now I can keep using the internet/browsing instead of sitting there staring at the screen with my finger on the f5 key.

Sorry if this is common knowledge or anything, but I'd never heard of it before and figured it wouldn't hurt to let you guys know =)

#2 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:59 AM

Just be careful with this program. Somehow Neopets notices this refresh thing, you need to be careful because they will freeze your account cause they think you're leaving objects on your F5 button, which is cheating. Loooooooooooooooooool.

So, when you get the avatar, stop it the refreshing ;P

#3 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:42 AM

you can do this for any page refreshing avatar, too. but like annabeth said, can't be doing this all the time or else you'll get iced

#4 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:46 AM

I didn't know that you were allowed to do that even if it was for an avatar. I remember when they used to give random events even if it was the same page and that is why they made it not allowed but since it doesn't do that anymore I am kinda confused. I wouldn't really use one that refreshes the same time every time like every 5 seconds. I had that refresher before and I did not like it that much. Would it be better to use one that does it like abrosia and does it randomly between intervals? and only for a short time?

#5 Danielle88

Danielle88
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:49 PM

Yeah, I forgot to put that it's probably a bad idea to let it run for more than 10 minutes at a time. :p

#6 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:35 PM

Anything that is not done by yourself is against the rules...

And that Add on is extremely unsafe, after all refreshing every exactly 5 seconds is quite suspicious...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users