• 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:02 AM

not a runescape fan so neopets all the way!:thumbsup:

#54 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:09 AM

I played Runescape before they got into their big 3D update. I liked the simple graphics before, but now the graphics just seem weird to me. I had bots for woodcutting, mining, and fishing iirc that got my main to 90+ in those stats.

#55 Alstroemeria

Alstroemeria
  • 156 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:56 AM

Tried Runescape, I found it boring. So Neopets for me.

#56 GreenScissors

GreenScissors
  • 478 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:11 AM

Obv. neopets. Runescape sucks

#57 GeorgeBright

GeorgeBright
  • 503 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:12 PM

I started playing both at roughly the same point and stopped playing Runescape a few weeks after I started.
So Neopets.

#58 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:15 PM

Right about now? Neither.

Runescape never interested me, it seemed really stupid compared to other games that were offered to me, even if they weren't both MMOs.

Neopets has evolved into something different, something that focuses more on the customization of your pets, the opening of the NC Mall, and more "child friendly", which I don't particularly enjoy myself, seeing as what it probably replaced in the process.

Things like Wars, good and enjoyable plots, with both Battle based and puzzle based steps, a real use for the Battledome, and original site events like what they had in the first couple years are what I loved about the game, even if I couldn't fully participate in most of them, I tried anyways, because it was new and exciting.

Wow..that completely is what I would have said. Neopets is different now. Maybe a new and improved plot could get it back up again.

#59 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:32 PM

Wow..that completely is what I would have said. Neopets is different now. Maybe a new and improved plot could get it back up again.

Doubt that will ever happen.

Also, I forgot I wrote such a big post back when the thread was created.

Also, stop quoting stuff from 3 months ago. :/

#60 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

Doubt that will ever happen.

Also, I forgot I wrote such a big post back when the thread was created.

Also, stop quoting stuff from 3 months ago. :/

Lol..I don't know why people keep bringing up the old posts..Whatever is on the main page I usually look at first.

#61 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:49 PM

I just logged on today - they have restrictions on trades now? Like you can't offer more than a certain price for any particular item. 

#62 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:52 PM

I just logged on today - they have restrictions on trades now? Like you can't offer more than a certain price for any particular item.

Which game in particular are you talking about?

#63 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:13 PM

Which game in particular are you talking about?

Runescape ;) 

It's like they don't want you to have side accounts  anymore o___o No giving stuff away it seems like.

#64 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:15 AM

Runescape was great until they began regulating and intervening in the previously player-based economy.

#65 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:27 PM

Runescape was great until they began regulating and intervening in the previously player-based economy.

Oh? Where can I read more on this

#66 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:23 PM

Oh? Where can I read more on this

When I played, rants were everywhere on the forum. Not sure if they're still there but there were so many rants about the updates that Jagex (the company) decided to censor things. They deleted the rants section of the forum so that people wouldn't have a place to voice their complaints. People just complained on other parts of the forum though.

The update was suppose to stop "real world item trading." Because Jagex is retarded and couldn't think of a better way, they decided to DELETE TRADING from the game so that people wouldn't be able to sell items for real money. Yes.. they DELETED trading. They put a fixed price on EVERY item and you could only sell the item for that price. Prices go up or down by 5% every day based on demand in the "Grand Exchange" which is just some giant, automatic trading post. This led to MASSIVE abuse because people started clans in which they'd all buy a certain item to inflate its price through the roof. Then, they'd mass sell the item for literally, billions of profit.

#67 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:42 PM

Yes.. they DELETED trading. They put a fixed price on EVERY item and you could only sell the item for that price.

Ahh this is probably what I was seeing, getting limits when buying from a player. Not really cool when your friend starts a new account and you can't hook him up with shit though.

How about with the PKing and the dueling scene? Can you still wage items in duels?

#68 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:42 PM

Ahh this is probably what I was seeing, getting limits when buying from a player. Not really cool when your friend starts a new account and you can't hook him up with shit though.

How about with the PKing and the dueling scene? Can you still wage items in duels?

Dueling is dead.

When you PK, your loot is a random drop.

#69 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:42 PM

Dueling is dead.

When you PK, your loot is a random drop.

Oh that is lame. When I had P2P I specifically made characters centered around dueling to make money :(

Can't people just keep PKing each other to farm random drops? Or did they create some rule that prevents that too?

#70 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:50 PM

Oh that is lame. When I had P2P I specifically made characters centered around dueling to make money :(

Can't people just keep PKing each other to farm random drops? Or did they create some rule that prevents that too?

That is exactly what people do. They carry 25,000 or 75,000's worth in equipment or money and take turns killing each other. 25,000 unlocks tier 1 drops while 75,000 unlocks tier 2 drops. PKing is nothing more than farming.

ACTUAL PKers lose tons of money. If you risk 500 million in equipment, its the same as risking 75k to the drop system. Once you're past 75k, any more won't affect you at all.

I killed about 50 people and got a total of 300k in drops. Most of the time, people drop nothing but inexpensive food. I died ONCE to a pilejacker and lost more than 50m.

#71 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

That is exactly what people do. They carry 25,000 or 75,000's worth in equipment or money and take turns killing each other. 25,000 unlocks tier 1 drops while 75,000 unlocks tier 2 drops. PKing is nothing more than farming.

ACTUAL PKers lose tons of money. If you risk 500 million in equipment, its the same as risking 75k to the drop system. Once you're past 75k, any more won't affect you at all.

I killed about 50 people and got a total of 300k in drops. Most of the time, people drop nothing but inexpensive food. I died ONCE to a pilejacker and lost more than 50m.

Damn, the site has gone to shit, it was shit when I played (for like.. 3 weeks) but now it's worse o,0

#72 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:27 PM

That is just lame. PKing on the old Runescape was awesome, with the catching and 3-turn business. Now they turn it into a farming contest  :x3:

So this tier 1 and tier 2 business, there are some good drops mixed in there right? Cause otherwise I don't see why people would go through the trouble of farming

#73 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:36 PM

Yes. people who alternate between killing each other with 75k on them, from time to time, come upon drops like godswords and stuff.

I heard they changed the drop system though so I don't know anymore.

#74 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:52 AM

Yes. people who alternate between killing each other with 75k on them, from time to time, come upon drops like godswords and stuff.

I heard they changed the drop system though so I don't know anymore.

If they wear 75k of stuff on them, does their drop automatically include 75k in coins? If so, I'm about to go open two browers and just keep farming o__O

It's ridiculous that PKing has been reduced to this. I hope pilejumpers actually mix things up.

#75 Brand572

Brand572
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:42 AM

http://rsbot.org
It's good, use it.
I made a pure, got it up to 85 WCing using the bot everyday. My friend made the account a member, I bought a Daxe and got 99 WCing. I used a Soul Wars bot and got 99 Ranged and 50 HP with 75 Magic, then did a Flax bot which got me about 5k flax, used a spinning bot and got 5k Bow String, sold.
Sold account and got 60 bucks, and it only took me about a week.
But simply, if you aren't a member then it sucks.

Neo is cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users