Quantcast

Photo

PS3 vs XBOX 360

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: PS3 vs XBOX 360

ps3 vs xbox 360

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 zenkai

zenkai
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:29 AM

For me it has to be the ps3. The exclusives games on the console are amazing . The psn for what it does it is amazing but xbox live is better and the community on ps3 is better

#2 bigtymerz05

bigtymerz05
  • 475 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:31 AM

I got both consoles and I like both. But I use the xbox more often than the ps3 because the online gaming on it is better and more people play online on xbox than ps3, well that is what I think.

#3 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:33 AM

I also own both and I use the xbox360 more though. I like the community on xbox 360 better actually. But the PS3 is such a nice system. Blu-ray and the graphics are better IMO.

But I love left 4 dead so I like the xbox360 a lot too :p

#4 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:31 AM

Oh look, a console war in the making.

#5 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:33 AM

actually PC IS THE BEST SYSTEM EVAR!!!!11!!ONE!

... :sarcasm:

#6 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:57 PM

I will turn this into something interesting.

The XBOX 360 is for actual gamers, where as the PS3 is for wannabes, 13 year old boys, douche bags who are just in it for the more expensive system... or homosexuals anticipating the next Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts editions.

XBOX it is for the legitimacy of console gaming.

Why isn't Wii in this competition I'm sure there is a closet furry who has one for Animal Crossing or a senior citizen out there somewhere!

There ya go.

#7 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

ahem

I will turn this into something interesting.

The XBOX 360 is for actual gamers who enjoy shooting each other, where as the PS3 is for wannabes like me, 13 year old boys, douche bags who are just in it for the more expensive system... or homosexuals anticipating the next Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts editions if this qualifies me as gay then rape my ass and call me Sally.

XBOX it is for the legitimacy of console gaming. I doubt that FPS and other assorted shooters qualify a console as legitimate.

Why isn't Wii in this competition I'm sure there is a closet furry who has one for Animal Crossing or a senior citizen out there somewhere! I like the Wii because I'm fat?

There ya go.

Anyway, I should get my ass out of this conversation because I'm too busy making sweet love to my PS2 because fuck new consoles.

#8 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:13 PM

Attack of the fanboys!!!!

I only own an Xbox 360, so I can only form an opinion on that console. I like it to kill time.

#9 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:14 PM

I modded my xbox so I could have free games for life

#10 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:18 PM

ahem

Anyway, I should get my ass out of this conversation because I'm too busy making sweet love to my PS2 because fuck new consoles.

LMAO x)

The XBOX 360, although popular for having the best FPS online gaming for a console is much more diverse then that, they are trying to develop MMORPGs for it.

Dragon Age was a good adventure game.
The Soul Calibur series was a good fighting game.
Civilization was an amazing RTS.

I modded my xbox so I could have free games for life

Same. ;)

#11 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:25 PM

The XBOX 360, although popular for having the best FPS online gaming for a console is much more diverse then that, they are trying to develop MMORPGs for it. Paying money every month? I'd sooner play WoW... and I' definitely not doing that.

Dragon Age was a good adventure game. Adventure? I'ma go play Crash Bandicoot.
The Soul Calibur series was a good fighting game. Virtua Fighter! Street Fighter! Marvel vs. Capcom!
Civilization was an amazing RTS. Real Time? What's this shit? I'ma go play some Final Fantasy Tactics

AND WHERE ARE MY EPIC RPGS?!?

I hate my life and want to escape to a fantasy land where I can save the goddamned world. This world doesn't need me, so fuck that! I'm going to a world that does.

And that world had better have some chests for me to open because it's going to be a long fucking journey.

#12 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:27 PM

AND WHERE ARE MY EPIC RPGS?!?

I hate my life and want to escape to a fantasy land where I can save the goddamned world. This world doesn't need me, so fuck that! I'm going to a world that does.

And that world had better have some chests for me to open because it's going to be a long fucking journey.

Okay you have me there... Final Fantasy Tactics (the original) is the best RTS created... but thats PS1

#13 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:37 PM

Okay you have me there... Final Fantasy Tactics (the original) is the best RTS created... but thats PS1

I'm not making a case for PS3... I'm making a case for old systems. I like the graphics aspect of these new games, because it helps you feel immersed in this fantasy world, but I feel like all this graphical whoring has come at the price of quality gameplay and story lines sometimes.

I've logged hundreds of hours playing RPGs... and you can make a case that many of them were pretty flawed, but they had stories that truly got you attached to the characters. I felt closer to characters in some RPGs than I've felt to characters in some movies.

I played Dragon Quest 8. It was a beautiful world where if you could see something off in the distance, you could get there eventually if you walked long enough.

I've seen the Colossi, wandered their world, appreciated their scenery, and tackled them in battle...

Yes, we've had shitty games... the same sports titles released every year... the same movie based game that's going to have horrible gameplay... the same marketing bullshit as ever.

Consoles have been utterly astounding since the PS2/XBox days. We didn't NEED to step up, but we did. And I feel it's taken away TOO MUCH from the TRUE focus of games.

If I want to see someone get blown to smithereens in high definition, I can do that in a movie theater.

I want a true interactive experience that challenges the mind and tickles my virtual senses.

Then again, I'm probably just an old bastard who doesn't want to leave the "good old days" of gaming.

#14 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

Dragon Age was a good adventure game.
The Soul Calibur series was a good fighting game.
Civilization was an amazing RTS.

I'll also note that although the Xbox got DA:O and Soul Calibur, so did the PS3, so you can't use those to compare the Xbox to the PS3.

Also, there is no legitimacy of gaming, if people like more games on the PS3 than the Xbox, then they will get that system, it doesn't automatically turn them into douchebags or someone who wants a more expensive console, because right now, the PS3 isn't even that much more expensive than the Xbox is anyways.

Edited by Elindoril, 29 January 2010 - 03:40 PM.

#15 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:46 PM

I'm not making a case for PS3... I'm making a case for old systems. I like the graphics aspect of these new games, because it helps you feel immersed in this fantasy world, but I feel like all this graphical whoring has come at the price of quality gameplay and story lines sometimes.

I've logged hundreds of hours playing RPGs... and you can make a case that many of them were pretty flawed, but they had stories that truly got you attached to the characters. I felt closer to characters in some RPGs than I've felt to characters in some movies.

I played Dragon Quest 8. It was a beautiful world where if you could see something off in the distance, you could get there eventually if you walked long enough.

I've seen the Colossi, wandered their world, appreciated their scenery, and tackled them in battle...

Yes, we've had shitty games... the same sports titles released every year... the same movie based game that's going to have horrible gameplay... the same marketing bullshit as ever.

Consoles have been utterly astounding since the PS2/XBox days. We didn't NEED to step up, but we did. And I feel it's taken away TOO MUCH from the TRUE focus of games.

If I want to see someone get blown to smithereens in high definition, I can do that in a movie theater.

I want a true interactive experience that challenges the mind and tickles my virtual senses.

Then again, I'm probably just an old bastard who doesn't want to leave the "good old days" of gaming.

I agree with you there hasn't been a really good story line in ages... the last game that I enjoyed the story line of (don't laugh) was Tales of Symphonia for Gamecube LOL.

I'll also note that although the Xbox got DA:O and Soul Calibur, so did the PS3, so you can't use those to compare the Xbox to the PS3.

But.... they are best on XBOX :sorry: *walks away shamelessly*

Also, there is no legitimacy of gaming, if people like more games on the PS3 than the Xbox, then they will get that system, it doesn't automatically turn them into douchebags or someone who wants a more expensive console, because right now, the PS3 isn't even that much more expensive than the Xbox is anyways.

That comment was a dart at people I know in real life who that directly applies to. :p

#16 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:50 PM

That comment was a dart at people I know in real life who that directly applies to. :p

You really can't bring something directed to people you know in reality to a discussion on an internet forum, it would just spark something unnecessary.

#17 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:14 PM

Yeah, i don't know anyone who bought the PS3 so they could brag about it xD.

Although I totally did buy the PS3 just for Final Fantasy because I love the series.

but now it's coming out for xbox360 too so... :p

#18 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:45 PM

You really can't bring something directed to people you know in reality to a discussion on an internet forum, it would just spark something unnecessary.

The opening of that post was "Lets turn this into something interesting" lmao.

#19 CraigChrist

CraigChrist
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

I do believe 360 has more exclusive rights than ps3 does? I know we have better exclusive games in my opinion. I love me some gears and some halo. Name a playstation game that has outsold the halo franchise? Oh and look the new final fantasy is coming to the 360 too. Imagine that.

#20 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:56 PM

Goldeneye > Halo

#21 CraigChrist

CraigChrist
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:59 PM

I would agree to an extent. You can get more people on a Halo Map. But Goldeneye is what started the craze.

#22 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:02 PM

Goldeneye > Halo

Is it just because we were young and enjoyed games more back then-- the nostalgia of playing with friends in real life and not through the internet-- or is it because it is genuinely better... think on that.

#23 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:12 PM

I do believe 360 has more exclusive rights than ps3 does? I know we have better exclusive games in my opinion. I love me some gears and some halo. Name a playstation game that has outsold the halo franchise? Oh and look the new final fantasy is coming to the 360 too. Imagine that.

Exclusives don't make the system better on its own, and there is also the PS3 exclusive Final Fantasy 13 coming out as well.

Oh yeah, there is also the part where it is because the Xbox 360 is getting FF13 that a good chunk of the content had to be removed, mostly because of the inferior discs that the 360 uses.

Edited by Elindoril, 29 January 2010 - 05:13 PM.

#24 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:22 PM

PS3 is by far, a better system in general. Free wifi, easier to bring over HD content to a PS3, more reliable, more advanced hardware allowing for better graphics

All 360 has is a better online experience, and depending on how important that is to you, it may be the dealbreaker.

#25 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:32 PM

Is it just because we were young and enjoyed games more back then-- the nostalgia of playing with friends in real life and not through the internet-- or is it because it is genuinely better... think on that.

IRL friends for the win. I don't think I would enjoy getting whomped by some 12-year-old Korean kid... unless I could sit on him for it.

PS3 is by far, a better system in general. Free wifi, easier to bring over HD content to a PS3, more reliable, more advanced hardware allowing for better graphics

All 360 has is a better online experience, and depending on how important that is to you, it may be the dealbreaker.

I like this argument.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users