Quantcast

Photo

PS3 vs XBOX 360

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: PS3 vs XBOX 360

ps3 vs xbox 360

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:58 PM

theyre both good :)
i like the ps3 controller more than xbox controller, so i'd say ps3

#27 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:16 PM

ooh good call. The controller for PS3 is better IMO too.

#28 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:15 PM

Why do they call it xbox 360? Because when you see it you turn 360 degrees and walk away!

#29 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:26 PM

Why do they call it xbox 360? Because when you see it you turn 360 degrees and walk away!

And then step on it?

#30 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:29 PM

Why repeat a failed joke lol?

"But 360 would make you face toward the 360 again!! 180 degrees = walking away!"

#31 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:29 PM

And then step on it?

That's not normally part of the sequence, but no one is stopping you from doing so. :D

#32 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:36 PM

That's not normally part of the sequence, but no one is stopping you from doing so. :D

Well if you're facing an XBo 360... then turn 360 degrees and start walking, you're going to step on it.... O__O

#33 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

Thats the whole point of the jokes :S

#34 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:03 AM

Like this
Posted Image

#35 Supra

Supra
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:51 AM

PS3:Blueray? Inital D and Wangan midnight games?

Xbox360:friend told me it scratches the game and i dont like the racing games aha

soo i choose PS3

#36 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:08 AM

oh my god it's true. I bought a game, and the I played it once, the next day it was scratched somehow... I didn't even take it out of the system and it didn't fall or anything...

#37 vin

vin
  • 314 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:14 AM

wii all the wayyyyyy!
because i love to play with my long white wii controller. ;)

hahahah jk

#38 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:19 AM

PS3 is by far, a better system in general. Free wifi, easier to bring over HD content to a PS3, more reliable, more advanced hardware allowing for better graphics

All 360 has is a better online experience, and depending on how important that is to you, it may be the dealbreaker.

Word, I picked up the 360 in the premise that a lot of my friends have live and it'd be cool to play with them wherever. They both have some pretty good exclusive titles (I love little big planet, and gears of war 1/2, what's a man to do).

#39 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:40 PM

The only reason I use my xbox360 more often than PS3 is because my friends play online on it.

#40 shallow

shallow
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

I'd say xbox just for the online community... Ps3 would probably have to be the better console, if ps3 had xbox live.. that would be good :D

My xbox is over in Germany for repairs atm though :(

#41 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:39 AM

ps3 also is a bluray player to boot, so its a plus for those wanting to watch blurays and game

#42 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:53 AM

I'd say xbox just for the online community... Ps3 would probably have to be the better console, if ps3 had xbox live.. that would be good :D

It has an equivalent to Xbox Live, the PSN, which is also free, unlike Live, how would creating a service where people have to pay to play online make it a better online community?

#43 kbbbb

kbbbb
  • 329 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:28 AM

Consoles have been utterly astounding since the PS2/XBox days. We didn't NEED to step up, but we did. And I feel it's taken away TOO MUCH from the TRUE focus of games.

I like older consoles- 2D gaming rocks. I think there's far too much emphasis on 3D.

I think that recognising the latest and greatest graphics aren't required for fun is part of what the Wii is about. I am a PS3 person (because it's NOT Microsoft, because it has Singstar, because Guitar Hero) but I got a Wii recently because I became facinated by the concept of using movement in gaming. Some sites I read say it's the next step up in gaming- I dunno, but I know it's fun (if the Wii remote responds to your movements at all- which is 100x better with the Wii Motion). I think Nintendo in some ways focused on fun ahead of graphics- which kinda falls over if they port games, because the ports usually suck (ie Quantum of Solace, which controls are just terrible and graphics poor). But if Nintendo build games on the strengths of the console- then they're way fun.
Oh yeah, and Wii are modable. (PS3 -1)

And being able to play ports of the old games is awesome; when my Gamecube controller arrives in the mail, i'm going to buy MarioKart 64 from the store so I can play it on there. I can already play it on emulators, but it's not the same. (but the Wii online store is a huge rip- and worse if people get suckered into buying giftcards from retail stores. $25 for 1000 Wii points? HAHAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaaaa)

#44 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:42 AM

Oh yeah, and Wii are modable. (PS3 -1)

With almost no good mods that my PC can't already do, the only good thing is playing pirated games, which requires a bit of effort.

And being able to play ports of the old games is awesome; when my Gamecube controller arrives in the mail, i'm going to buy MarioKart 64 from the store so I can play it on there. I can already play it on emulators, but it's not the same. (but the Wii online store is a huge rip- and worse if people get suckered into buying giftcards from retail stores. $25 for 1000 Wii points? HAHAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaaaa)

Get a gamepad then, or even a PS3 controller if you already have one, they all work with PCs and emulators so there really isn't a big difference since you're not using the original controller at all in any instance. Also, where the hell are you finding the Wii Point cards? The only one I see is $25 for 2000 points, which isn't even that bad of a deal since not everyone has a credit card at their disposal.

Really, I think Nintendo is just catering to casual gamers due to their urge to continue to release games like Wii Sports and Wii Fit, since it's bringing in more cash then anything else, they have like 3 or 4 games out for people who actually care to game and not exercise.

#45 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:01 PM

With almost no good mods that my PC can't already do, the only good thing is playing pirated games, which requires a bit of effort.

Ya, and also PS3 was just recently hacked, with usable custom firmware most likely not too far away.

#46 xSalience

xSalience
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:32 PM

For me, it's PS3. I just really like the inclusion of a Blu-ray player, as well as the fact that the online network is free.

#47 GeorgeBright

GeorgeBright
  • 503 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:15 AM

I have both and they each have their strengths.
I get all multiplatform games for the 360 for reasons I'd rather not discuss, but the exclusives I've played for the PS3 are pretty good.

#48 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:32 PM

I'm enjoying both my stations. I sorta just go back and forth.

#49 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

Okay you have me there... Final Fantasy Tactics (the original) is the best RTS created... but thats PS1

No. Starcraft is the greatest rts game ever made. Please do not kid yourself. If Final Fantasy Tatics was the best, it would be Korea's national sport. Which it isnt.

Goldeneye > Halo

Lies once again. Halo is significantly better. Better weapon load, more balance, more can play together, revolutionary style of gameplay, vehicles included.

PS3 is by far, a better system in general. Free wifi, easier to bring over HD content to a PS3, more reliable, more advanced hardware allowing for better graphics

All 360 has is a better online experience, and depending on how important that is to you, it may be the dealbreaker.

The ps3's hardware isnt better then the 360 by anywhere enough to give it better quality of graphics. The 360 has a much better firmware software, giving you more features, and you dont have to restart 15 times before you can play a game for the first time. I'll give you the reliabilty, except in the newer models (Still cheaper then the ps3). The 360 already has Netflix, which streams in HD, and it has networking so you can stream HD movies from your pc, that owns the ps3. Also, I have wifi for my 360 and its still cheaper then the 360, but like 250 dollars. You call that free?

It has an equivalent to Xbox Live, the PSN, which is also free, unlike Live, how would creating a service where people have to pay to play online make it a better online community?

Obviously you have never played on the PSN and Xbox Live. Xbox Live is about 86% better. It has both more features, better matchmaking, and less lag, as well as support for older games online, and much better update system (1 restart. Not 5).

Btw. Just to back myself up.

http://www.gamespot....162742/p-1.html

http://www.gamespot....1831/index.html

360 graphic > ps3 graphics

theyre both good :)
i like the ps3 controller more than xbox controller, so i'd say ps3

Sure. Shell out several hundred dollars more for a controller...

#50 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:05 PM

N64... is obviously better than both..... So there. :p :shifty:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users