Photo

Recovering old account

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 xstream

xstream
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:44 PM

I have an account that I made about 3 years ago just for the heck of it. I now want to go on just for fun but I used a random birthday and I can't remember it to log on. I've tried checking its profile and messaged support but I was wondering if there was anyway of getting it back faster?

#2 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:55 PM

I've been searching for a way for my 6.5 year old account. There really isn't a way. I've heard that there are people who will make you pay a fortune for it... but idk if thats legit.

#3 Shadowized

Shadowized
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

People abused the crap out of getting into inactive accounts so TNT has made it a lot harder.
As far as I know, just keep trying everyday until you get the right birthday. :S

#4 chaochaoqi

chaochaoqi
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

LOL @ last post.

#5 kbbbb

kbbbb
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:39 PM

I've been searching for a way for my 6.5 year old account. There really isn't a way. I've heard that there are people who will make you pay a fortune for it... but idk if thats legit.

Not only that...I tried years ago to get my old account back, telling them what I had in my SDB etc, but they ignored me. Then I email them last year about it and they tell me its "been too long". TNT are very frustrating.

And +1 on using old birthdates.

I would guess that the way people who you pay would use a combo of proxies with trying birthdates.

#6 gsmokez

gsmokez
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:00 AM

Yeah I had an account that's like 9 years old now and I've constantly been emailing them trying to convince them to just tell me the birthdate but they're being really stupid about it. I think I'm just going to have to keep guessing birth dates which is going to take FOREVER.

#7 JasMraz

JasMraz
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:33 AM

I guess lying about the birth date came back to bite a lot of people in the ass.

#8 Daryl

Daryl
  • 459 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:41 AM

I guess lying about the birth date came back to bite a lot of people in the ass.

It wasn't about lying. Imagine... 8 years ago you played, u weren't 18. And obviously u didn't wan your parents to interfere in playing your neopets... Hence, the make up of birth dates :S

#9 val

val
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:47 AM

was so long ago i'm not even sure about my passoword

#10 Reddevil

Reddevil
  • 282 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:27 PM

lol, i lost 4 draiks cause of that

#11 JasMraz

JasMraz
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:55 PM

It wasn't about lying. Imagine... 8 years ago you played, u weren't 18. And obviously u didn't wan your parents to interfere in playing your neopets... Hence, the make up of birth dates :S

Ummm exactly hon, that's what lying is. Not telling the truth. And anyway even if I was over 18 I still lied because everyone was told to not give their real information out online, now you're supposed to!

It's all topsy-turvy!

#12 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

Same problem as mine...I quitted for two years and now I can't open two of my accounts..one of them is my previous main that has 100m+ in BD weapons...now im stuck with a new account unless i suddenly remember the random birthdate I put before.

#13 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

one of them is my previous main that has 100m+ in BD weapons

Hah, there's no way I can believe that.

#14 bigtymerz05

bigtymerz05
  • 475 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:20 PM

yap good luck on that.

#15 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:24 PM

Accounts past a certain year age will not be given back since they have been purged..I think about 2 years ago they purged all the old accounts that were frozen and what not..so it might be impossible to get it back.

#16 bigtymerz05

bigtymerz05
  • 475 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

Accounts past a certain year age will not be given back since they have been purged..I think about 2 years ago they purged all the old accounts that were frozen and what not..so it might be impossible to get it back.

exactly i have like 3 accounts that i want to get back but you already know haha! i am too lazy to try to guess the bday on it.

#17 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:36 PM

Hah, there's no way I can believe that.

It's quite possible. I've never had quite that much... but I have had quite a bit

#18 SmAsHeR

SmAsHeR
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:29 PM

I lost about three 4 year old accounts that way... its extremely difficult to get em back unless you have one of them neofriended as it will tell you how old the person is and hence mean you only need to guess the day and month.

#19 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:51 AM

Have a couple old accounts dating about 5 years back. Still trying different birthdays /sigh

#20 SmAsHeR

SmAsHeR
  • 443 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:59 AM

Have a couple old accounts dating about 5 years back. Still trying different birthdays /sigh

Well Goodluck. How many you reckon you have tried lol?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users