Photo

DAILY DARE

• Please log in to reply
399 replies to this topic

#51 Neopian

Neopian
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:47 AM

I did 540-600, so hopefully that will be fine with them... and holy crap the game is pissing me off when i try to actually play it... im just going along and it randomly ends, either at 0:05, 0:10, or 0:15. i always have 4 lives, and idk wtf is goin on.

This is what happens to my daughter aswell when she is playing on her laptop with Vista and using IE 8. On my computer (Windows 7 and using Google Chrome) everything runs fine. So I don't know what it is but maybe it has something to do with Vista or IE 8

#52 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:00 PM

It's been proven looking at scores from previous years that AAA is easier this year...I wonder why?

#53 zpoy

zpoy
  • 538 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:55 PM

It's been proven looking at scores from previous years that AAA is easier this year...I wonder why?

Idk, but I don't like it. Means my profits are lower.

#54 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:59 PM

Idk, but I don't like it. Means my profits are lower.

I don't like it either. Because I find them very difficult to beat. Which means I must really suck balls at these games.

#55 manophear

manophear
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:50 PM

gave up on trying to beat Chariot Chase legit after like two dozen tries and my highest score being 1500, but I guess that is what sLAUGHTER is for ;)

other than that I haven't really had any problems so far this year. Extreme Herder I only started playing once it was introduced into the DD and I got AAA score on my second try. Spinnacles was a bit frustrating (only had like 2900) to play regularly until I started doing the strategy of using the early levels and building the spheres back up again for extra points at which point I doubled my points to 5800. Crisis Courier isn't so bad, so long as you play it through a couple of times and get a general idea of the level layouts/

#56 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:57 PM

Chariot Chase drives me crazy. I just don't understand how people get such high scores on that game. I crash and die after about 5 laps. I'm really not bad at games...there must be a secret to it. Thank god for SS.

#57 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:59 PM

I actually found spinacles to be the hardest one for me >_<. Hate that game. Today's was simple. I still had all lives when I finished :p

#58 wpanther93

wpanther93
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:55 PM

I've gotten all of the scores legit so far, but not on the first day.

For chariot races you might try putting it on normal instead of hard. It seems that it doesn't make much difference in the points. Just go slow around the track and try to get powerups while avoiding enemies. If you get invincible or wings, go as fast as you can. I got like 2400 on my third try.

Spinacles was harder for me. It just took a while to build up on the easy levels and the bombs are annoying when you dont want them.

#59 zpoy

zpoy
  • 538 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:36 PM

You don't have to use the spinacle they give you if you dont want it. After the ball hits the sides like 5 or 6 times it will just disappear. So shoot it directly sideways and it will bounce until it goes away. Problem solved.

#60 manophear

manophear
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:12 PM

Chariot Chase I think the main problem is steering. I just simply cannot do very well with it.

Spinnacles you just try to clear out most of the spheres, then shoot them onto the middle so you build them up again without actually clearing the level to increase your points

#61 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:26 PM

I'm liking the selection of games so far. Shit's hella easy.

I'll update this again when I get free time. I'm enjoying the company of IRL people too much atm.

#62 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:35 PM

pssh IRL friends are so overrated.

:'(

#63 wpanther93

wpanther93
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:35 PM

You don't have to use the spinacle they give you if you dont want it. After the ball hits the sides like 5 or 6 times it will just disappear. So shoot it directly sideways and it will bounce until it goes away. Problem solved.

Thats what I did also. It's just when you've built up a ton of them ready to combo that they get hard to avoid.

#64 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:36 PM

does it get rid of the chain multiplier though? Or reset, rather.

#65 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:50 PM

The highest score I ever got on CC was 700 points. Till DD had it on there, then somehow on my first try I got 2000 points :p

I completely spaced out during the whole thing too xD

#66 wpanther93

wpanther93
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:54 AM

does it get rid of the chain multiplier though? Or reset, rather.

You mean bombs? Yes they do.

#67 watashiwakaizoku

watashiwakaizoku
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:57 AM

today's daily dare was kinda easy too, once you get the hang of it. i swear i've never seen the game before though. looks like a character out of kungfu panda :p

#68 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:52 AM

I agree. Today was pretty easy for a double dare.

Only took me a few minutes to get the hang of it. :)

#69 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:07 AM

Daily Dare has just decreased in level of difficulty over the years. They made abigail so easy I could let my baby sister smash my keyboard and she could beat her. AAA is a joke, I might as well let my scoresender continue to collect dust.

#70 zpoy

zpoy
  • 538 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:17 AM

I'm sad. I can't get todays DD. Ugh. I'll keep trying then.

#71 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:19 AM

Today's wasn't too hard. Just get lucky for the speeds of the second stage. or second teir or whatever :p

I think all you need is a good five blocks. Six is guranteed even if you get yellow everytime.

#72 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:33 AM

Honestly, I was too lazy to put the settings on low, no sound, etc etc. Because it was so laggy for me to get past the second tier. It would lag and the bar would stay in the red zone when it was supposed to be in the green zone, and I ended up pressing space bar on the freaking wrong time.

Playing Top Chop in low settings, and a small window helped me get 1100 in one shot the moment I did this. o.o

#73 wpanther93

wpanther93
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:53 PM

I've never done the Daily Dare in years past, but these seem to be extremely easy. Meerca chase probably took me the longest.

#74 GeorgeBright

GeorgeBright
  • 503 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:56 PM

I've beat them all on launch day so far.
Crossing my fingers that my luck continues.

#75 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:07 PM

I hope my internet doesn't crash and result in me not getting it :'(

this is my first DD so the novelty is still here for me xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users