Quantcast

Photo

DAILY DARE

• Please log in to reply
399 replies to this topic

#76 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:31 PM

I just realized I might not even be able to get the top trophy now.

Going to my boyfriend's place from the 7th of March to the 11th.

He runs on Dial-Up, so Neopets is pretty much unmanageable.

MOTHER -bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep-

#77 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:42 PM

why not ask someone trusted to do it for you?

#78 kbbbb

kbbbb
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:52 PM

Anyone know why SS isn't working for LuLu (NC Mall) challenge?

Maybe I'm marginally good at the games, because I think i'm pretty un-co but still manage to do passable Lulu scores. If I were trying for them (and I will on the last day when I know what all the prizes are) i'd try to get them legit...but then again i'm chicken on score sender.

Some of those AAA scores are just ridiculous. I hate spinnacles, I hate chariot chase, and ice cream machine. Fingers crossed for more games I don't suck at :x3:

#79 watashiwakaizoku

watashiwakaizoku
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

Ok I'm not sure about this, but here's what I think.

Your computer d/ls the flash game (i.e. the loading screen), after which, no internet connection is required for you to play the game until you click on send score. So theoretically, even with a dial-up you should have no problems/lag playing the flash games, if you have patience to wait for it to load.

Disclaimer: That's how I think it works, because I've had my internet connection go down on me in the middle of games, but I can still send score after I get it back up.

#80 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:15 PM

I made my first million on dial up. :thumbsup:

And this was back in 2001 when 1 million actually meant something.

#81 watashiwakaizoku

watashiwakaizoku
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:06 AM

having a lot of trouble with snot splatter, argh!! first daily dare game i can't beat within the first 5 tries!

with the exception of meerca chase, that is. since i just wait on a fish negg for meerca :p

#82 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:12 AM

40k is JUST under top-100 score. This is going to be a game killer for those who want the top trophy.

#83 watashiwakaizoku

watashiwakaizoku
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:24 AM

yea, this sucks. probably won't be very safe to use SS either (not that i used it before, so i'm unsure of the risks involved). best i've gotten so far is 17k!

#84 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:05 AM

I'm sending a score today because....... fuck this

I just set my time to over 20 minutes. I think that sounds about right........?

#85 watashiwakaizoku

watashiwakaizoku
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:36 AM

i dunno, i'm taking time to think how to place the darn snots so i get a good combo. highest so far 32k, that takes me around 20 mins i think, don't really look at the time.

getting really sick of this.

#86 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:58 AM

i dunno, i'm taking time to think how to place the darn snots so i get a good combo. highest so far 32k, that takes me around 20 mins i think, don't really look at the time.

getting really sick of this.

And this is why I whipped out the score sender. I was sick and tired of this game and just wanted to go to sleep... XD

#87 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:53 AM

I got it :D Here're a few tips:

level 1, try to clear HALF the board with 1 snot so you get the 2X power up. If you get the 2(droplet) one, reset. Best if you can get two of the 2X

Level 2: Clear the entire board using the 2X power up. Do this by using 24 snots to make the really small bubbles big enough to pop with one snot from the adjacent blobs. You'll get all your blobs back at the end of the level since you'll be clearing the entire board, so don't worry. You should hopefully get a 2(droplet) powerup

Level 3: same thing. You should have about 20 k now

level 4: Repeat. If you don't have 2x (you probably won't) then use the 2(droplet) power up. only fill the small snots until it requires 2 snots to splat.

Repeat

And continue the rest of the game by filling the snots until they're about to burst then use the powerup to finish it

you should get it by... level 8? I think? or 9? not sure :o.

Edited by Bohgaurd, 20 February 2010 - 09:16 AM.

#88 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:19 AM

This guide from Pink Poogle Toy is great and helped me get over 42,000 legitly:

• The object of this level is to make two X2 bubbles to use in the next 2 rounds. You do this by getting 20-29 snot bubbles burst on your first shot, and then after filling up the remaining bubbles to near bursting, you get the second X2 on your next shot. If you get less than 20 on your first shot or 30 or more, just keep restarting the game over until you accomplish this. This is essential in getting a high score. Don't worry about the beaker of snot going down all the way to 1. You get them all back when you burst the bubbles. (Score 600-800)
  • On the second level you use one of the X2 drops, but only after you fill the center of the grid with near-bursting bubbles and add tiny drops to the outer edges of the grid (Which you do by clicking on an empty space one time. It makes a tiny dot). These tiny dots end up making the big difference in the game when the X2 multiplies them (They tend to be 100-120 point value X2). You should be able to clear the entire grid with the X2 shot applied to one of the middle near-bursting bubbles. Clearing the grid gives you a 2 Drop which you will use on levels 4-20. (Score 7000-9000)
  • Level three is essentially the same as level 2. Use the same strategy and you should clear the level and make mega-points. Don't worry if you miss a couple of bubbles on the edge or corner. Always use up all the drops in your beaker but the final one before starting to burst the bubbles. (Score 20000-22000)
  • Level four and five are essentially the same. You fill up most of the center within 2 drops/clicks of bursting and then use one of your 2 Drops to start the chain reaction. For each succeeding level you finish, you use a 2 Drop and gain a 2 Drop. (2800-30000 after level 5)
  • Level six is an oddball level. It is divided into 2 sides. I personally just fill up one side of bubbles to near bursting and finish them off with a single shot. I do the same with the other side. Don't worry if your beaker is now not totally full. You make that up on the next level. One could also use the Vortex to make a drop go the other side, but at this point I usually do not have one. (30000-31000)
  • The remaining 14 levels all are basically the same, with the difference being in the angles of the inner and outer barriers. You can use the angled barriers to bounce the drops to another area of the grid. Practice makes perfect on these levels, and once you do it a few times, you can figure out how to pre-fill your bubbles before using your 2 Drop. If you are able to get at least 40 bubbles on your first shot on each level, you should be able to reach the end (level 20) with a score approaching 50000.

Edited by outsidedream86, 20 February 2010 - 10:19 AM.

#89 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD

• 532 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:44 AM

I used an SS for this one.

I set the time for over 20 minutes myself.

No review. So sounds about right :)

#90 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:20 PM

This guide from Pink Poogle Toy is great and helped me get over 42,000 legitly:

• The object of this level is to make two X2 bubbles to use in the next 2 rounds. You do this by getting 20-29 snot bubbles burst on your first shot, and then after filling up the remaining bubbles to near bursting, you get the second X2 on your next shot. If you get less than 20 on your first shot or 30 or more, just keep restarting the game over until you accomplish this. This is essential in getting a high score. Don't worry about the beaker of snot going down all the way to 1. You get them all back when you burst the bubbles. (Score 600-800)
  • On the second level you use one of the X2 drops, but only after you fill the center of the grid with near-bursting bubbles and add tiny drops to the outer edges of the grid (Which you do by clicking on an empty space one time. It makes a tiny dot). These tiny dots end up making the big difference in the game when the X2 multiplies them (They tend to be 100-120 point value X2). You should be able to clear the entire grid with the X2 shot applied to one of the middle near-bursting bubbles. Clearing the grid gives you a 2 Drop which you will use on levels 4-20. (Score 7000-9000)
  • Level three is essentially the same as level 2. Use the same strategy and you should clear the level and make mega-points. Don't worry if you miss a couple of bubbles on the edge or corner. Always use up all the drops in your beaker but the final one before starting to burst the bubbles. (Score 20000-22000)
  • Level four and five are essentially the same. You fill up most of the center within 2 drops/clicks of bursting and then use one of your 2 Drops to start the chain reaction. For each succeeding level you finish, you use a 2 Drop and gain a 2 Drop. (2800-30000 after level 5)
  • Level six is an oddball level. It is divided into 2 sides. I personally just fill up one side of bubbles to near bursting and finish them off with a single shot. I do the same with the other side. Don't worry if your beaker is now not totally full. You make that up on the next level. One could also use the Vortex to make a drop go the other side, but at this point I usually do not have one. (30000-31000)
  • The remaining 14 levels all are basically the same, with the difference being in the angles of the inner and outer barriers. You can use the angled barriers to bounce the drops to another area of the grid. Practice makes perfect on these levels, and once you do it a few times, you can figure out how to pre-fill your bubbles before using your 2 Drop. If you are able to get at least 40 bubbles on your first shot on each level, you should be able to reach the end (level 20) with a score approaching 50000.

Posted Image

#91 wpanther93

wpanther93
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:54 PM

Thanks Outsidedream. I just got it legit with that guides help. Just about broke 50k, but then I accidentally spent my last bubble. :(

#92 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:18 PM

I actually went over the review score :p. I still got the prize though

#93 tayuku

tayuku
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:28 PM

Took me 6 hours and I beat this game. Use the guides, they work :)

#94 zpoy

zpoy
  • 538 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:25 PM

FUCK YEAR!!!! I just got it!!!!! Legit too! No way am I going to risk my main of 5 years with a SS. Only on my sides. And I'm definately ssing this prize. It's gonna be worth a good amount.

#95 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:00 AM

Wingoball is pretty easy with a guide. Just google for one and you'll have a score of 800 before you know it.

#96 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:03 AM

Ok I'm not sure about this, but here's what I think.

Your computer d/ls the flash game (i.e. the loading screen), after which, no internet connection is required for you to play the game until you click on send score. So theoretically, even with a dial-up you should have no problems/lag playing the flash games, if you have patience to wait for it to load.

Disclaimer: That's how I think it works, because I've had my internet connection go down on me in the middle of games, but I can still send score after I get it back up.

Exactly how it works

#97 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:40 AM

For lazy people, here's a good Wingoball guide from The Daily Neopets that I use.

#98 zpoy

zpoy
  • 538 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:05 AM

Oh I love wingoball. I used to play it when I could actually make a decent amount off of it. I've already got a highscore over 1000 so this will be easy.

EDIT: Oh they added some stuff on since I last played. Still got it in my first try but those last levels after about 21 were not cool.

Edited by zpoy, 21 February 2010 - 09:10 AM.

#99 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD

• 532 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:29 AM

I love Wingoball!

Got it my second try...as I haven't played it in a long time.

I literally screamed....almost waking up everyone in my house >>

#100 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:57 AM

got it in my first. using the guide of course :p got like 812. Barely :o. I went berserk the second last level 'cause i only had like 2 seconds left.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users