• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#1 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:06 PM

Posted Image

Just in case you didn't catch it, this is sarcasm at its finest.

This is fantastic, and I agree with EVERY word. :D
Okay, debate me if you want. :D I lovess it.

#2 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:14 PM

I lahv lahv LAHV it.
Posted Image

#3 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:16 PM

haha very nice. Love it. I support gay marriage to the fullest

*woo Canada* :p

#4 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

Irrelevant for me to discuss. Gay marriage is legal and unappealable in parliament.

#5 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:21 PM

sounds like you don't support it though :o

#6 RaeveN

RaeveN
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:27 PM

Gay marriage Is one of the most inportant issues for me... I think it shouild be leagal everywhere.. love is love. no matter who it is between. all people have equal rite to love. I just happen to live in a place where gay is the make up of the state... yet we have no rights!.. WTF???

#7 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:38 PM

for me marriage is mostly symbolic, so I don't see what the big deal is at all :S

I mean for being against it. obviously if straight people have the right to get married, so do gay people.

#8 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

I completely support gay marriage.

#9 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:47 PM

I completely support gay marriage.

sorry, i meant to kittykat.

*must remember to use reply*

#10 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:55 PM

sorry, i meant to kittykat.

*must remember to use reply*

Oh haha. Lol. I was gonna say... I thought that me starting this topic made it extremely obvious. :p

#11 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:04 PM

and my first reply was like "yay! I agree" and all :p Yeah probably thought I was bi-polar :o

*not the right word, but meh*

#12 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:00 PM

I personally highly support it.

I mean...love is love right?

So what if certain "parts" don't work together.

How is it hurting anyone?

#13 Neopian

Neopian
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:34 PM

The author of these '10 reasons....' did a great job :cool:

I am all for gay marriage. Luckily I live in a country where gaymarriage has been legal for a good number of year now.

#14 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:58 AM

I do, of course! It's just too neanderthalic to discuss whether someone should or shouldn't have civil rights, especially in a first world country. This isn't Sierra Leone, this is western society so I see no point in allowing slaves to any such ideologies to be given an opportunity to discuss it.

#15 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:59 AM

I do, of course! It's just too neanderthalic to discuss whether someone should or shouldn't have civil rights, especially in a first world country. This isn't Sierra Leone, this is western society so I see no point in allowing slaves to any such ideologies to be given an opportunity to discuss it.

Well isn't it lucky for me then, that I live in a first world country that boasts freedom but doesn't really give two shits about it. It is important to discuss it.

#16 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:22 AM

I am all for gay marriage. Luckily I live in a country where gaymarriage has been legal for a good number of year now.

And your country didn't collapse into wild orgies in the streets, the raping of sheep and children, and people group-marrying their siblings?

But yeah, ask anyone who's against gay marriage and they'll probably say something about protecting the sanctity of marriage. But when asked to explain specifically how gay marriage actually harms marriages, they've got nothing. The arguments against it make me laugh.

#17 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:43 PM

and isn't it weird that the divorce rate of gay marriage is much less than straight marriage? :o

#18 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:23 AM

That's right, force religious organisations to bow down to pressure from gay rights groups. I guess that's democratic.

#19 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:17 AM

That's right, force religious organisations to bow down to pressure from gay rights groups. I guess that's democratic.

Right, because the religious organizations are disguised under the title of "government" and are forcing these people to not accept who they are and love who they choose to love. :sarcasm:

And who said anything about forcing religious organizations here? It is not the business of religious organizations to make laws within our government is it?
And no it isn't democratic- it isn't democratic at all to not give rights to all people when we are a country that boasts about "liberty" and "justice."

Saying that is completely ignorant.

Edited by jsteinberg, 21 February 2010 - 09:21 AM.

#20 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:19 AM

Allowing Americans in love not be able to marry because they are gay is democratic how?

NO ONE would EVER force churches to perform gay marriages. The catholic church won't perform marriages if the either party were divorced. They have to have the old marriage annulled (i.e made so the marriage never existed) before they can get married in a church even though divorce is legal in the USA. How is gay marriage any different?

The USA was never and will never be a Christian country.

This is a civil rights issue and churches need to mind their own fucking business.

Get use to it. It will be legal in the next 10 yrs watch. Right now there is a law suit in California over Prop 8, that a civil rights issue should never be "up for a vote", AND most law experts say no matter who wins or loses it will go all the way to the Supreme Court.

#21 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:32 AM

Hehe, great list. I'm all for gay marriage, seeing as I'm not a religious person in the first place. And the main argument against it is 'the sanctity of marriage'. Marriage isn't an explicitly Christian institution, and existed before Christianity. And I don't support theocracy.

#22 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:24 AM

I'm sorry, your views are obviously narrow. Apparently countries exist outside the USA, I.E England. I.E a country that has it's state religion as COE. So allowing gay marriage would contradict the christian values it was built upon.

Civil unions - yes
Marriage - no.

Simple.

#23 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:33 AM

how can you say that this issue is simple?! We're talking about the rights of people here. Not about some hocus pocus or one specific law.

#24 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:05 PM

I'm sorry, your views are obviously narrow. Apparently countries exist outside the USA, I.E England. I.E a country that has it's state religion as COE. So allowing gay marriage would contradict the christian values it was built upon.

Civil unions - yes
Marriage - no.

Simple.

Except for the fact that a state religion isn't inherently tied to every act of legislation.
There's no valid reason that England can't make marriage legal without forcing even CofE churches to comply.

#25 GreenScissors

GreenScissors
  • 478 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:57 PM

I'd just like to say that I support gay marriage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users