• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:13 AM

Apparently the duped items issue hasn't been resolved. Originally it was Chokato (TCG) but there may be more. So don't accept any offers that are in overpay.

Overpay is like I have a Turmac petpet in trades. It's worth 3m but someone just offered like a Chokato (TCG) which is worth 12m. It's a duped item and their trying to get rid of it.

Especially if it is a Chokato (TCG). Even if you innocently get a duped item on your account you will most likely get frozen. :(

This is like morning old news. If anything happened (like TNT removed all duped items. Did they remove any yet?) since 18 hours ago please update us!

#2 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:15 AM

I thought that TNT cleared the "duped" Chokato(TCG)s as perfectly fine (?)

#3 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:23 AM

Oh nice! Did they get the other items too? This morning there was chat of other items that got duped and overpay still happening.

#4 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:36 AM

Oh nice! Did they get the other items too?

I have no idea

This morning there was chat of other items that got duped and overpay still happening.

They are probably people that are too scared to even risk but it is still against the rules as tnt might think you scammed the person who overpaid.

I wouldn't worry about the duped items as long as the price isn't higher or lower than the current market value.

#5 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:38 AM

Did any of the duped items escape removal?

#6 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:55 AM

I didn't hear about any duped items besides the Chokatos... and those just happened to turn up as a side effect of TNT trying to fight inflation (?)

#7 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:48 AM

Duped items? What are these? Fake?

#8 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:57 AM

Duped items? What are these? Fake?

Not quite... even those the current rash of "duped" reports seem to be false...

An item has a unique identifier tied to it. If a person were able to access TNT's database and mess around with things... instead of generating a whole new item (complicated)... it's much easier to take an existing item and generate more of it.

This is more along the lines of Copy/Paste instead of making an entirely new item.

The unique identifier will remain on all the copy/pasted items... making it incredibly easy for TNT to hunt down and delete all the duplicates.

#9 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:05 AM

Huh... Nice... Do the duplicates have the same exact effect as the original?

#10 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:08 AM

Huh... Nice... Do the duplicates have the same exact effect as the original?

Yes... but with the added effect that owning one, whether you knew it was duped or not, will get you frozen.

I'm almost tempted to think that calling the Chokatos duped sounds like a great scam to deflate the price so that you can pick some up while everyone is in a rush to unload them.

#11 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:16 AM

Possibly... Maybe I should grab some. Is that why I've seen them for 6m?

#12 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:51 AM

If you feel like making an expensive investment that will pay off eventually, go for it. I dunno if the Chokatos qualify as ETS or not... but they must be at least slightly difficult... what with the high price tag and such.

#13 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:41 AM

I remember the first wave of dupe shit years back lol. I had 2 SOS a fss and jade ss. Then my ass got iced when I didn't even do the duping. :(

#14 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:27 AM

I warned you guys there was a new dupe way back when I got my GoW lol

#15 Philly

Philly
  • 402 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:33 AM

So they are really trying to get rid of those items and get poor people frozen huh? Pretty silly I'd say. Thanks for the heads up.

#16 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:39 AM

yeah I saw a Chokato for just under 5 mil and NO one is bidding on it.

#17 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:45 AM

Hmm, whats strange is that although people on certain other cheat sites claim to be able to dupe, they claim that there method is 'undetectable' and that they have not duped any Chokatos

Edited by Metigue, 24 February 2010 - 06:45 AM.

#18 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:21 AM

Hmm, whats strange is that although people on certain other cheat sites claim to be able to dupe, they claim that there method is 'undetectable' and that they have not duped any Chokatos

i have a chokato i have been trying to sale and i only get offers like 400k lol so i will keep it

#19 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:42 AM

I'm confused. So these Chokato (TCG) are duped? or not duped? o.o. Cause i've seen multiple screenshots of people saying it's not duped.

#20 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:38 AM

Oh thanks jc man for being on top of things.
The weird thing is though that choakto prices are still not back to what they were.

#21 Jake2

Jake2
  • 1185 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:47 AM

Annabeth - the chokato (TCG) 'problems' are fine. there's no need to worry.

Edited by Jaaaaake, 24 February 2010 - 11:13 AM.

#22 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:46 AM

I wonder what script handles the creation of items for shops. Hrm....

#23 Barracuda

Barracuda
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:56 AM

An item has a unique identifier tied to it. If a person were able to access TNT's database and mess around with things... instead of generating a whole new item (complicated)... it's much easier to take an existing item and generate more of it.

This is more along the lines of Copy/Paste instead of making an entirely new item.

The unique identifier will remain on all the copy/pasted items... making it incredibly easy for TNT to hunt down and delete all the duplicates.

thank you for your insightful explanation on duped items. I had been wondering what on earth those where supposed to be.
I do believe I have never seen or bought a duped item in all my 6 years on neopets. but then I have only recently become very active.

#24 Jake2

Jake2
  • 1185 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:16 PM

thank you for your insightful explanation on duped items. I had been wondering what on earth those where supposed to be.
I do believe I have never seen or bought a duped item in all my 6 years on neopets. but then I have only recently become very active.

TNT are a bunch of shitheads to be blunt. Even if you stumble across a duped item you're still going to get iced and unless you're featheralley or munsterpoo you're not getting your account back unless you're buddies with staff members. & be 'stumble across' I mean someone offers you one for your trade and you accept [they might have a nice account and you believe it's not duped].

Edited by Jaaaaake, 24 February 2010 - 12:39 PM.

#25 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:19 PM

TNT are a bunch of shitheads to be blunt. Even if you stumble across a duped item you're still going to get iced and unless you're featheralley, munsterpoo or garet_jaxx you're not getting your account back unless you're buddies with staff members. & be 'stumble across' I mean someone offers you one for your trade and you accept [they might have a nice account and you believe it's not duped].

I know the other two... but garet_jaxx?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users