Photo

Flash lagger

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MasterJunpei

MasterJunpei
  • 453 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

I had a program a long time ago that would make flash games lag or the equivalent of that. Allowing you to basically act like you were running a reallly crappy computer. Anyone know where I can get one of these or maybe create some symptoms of an old comp? Tried dumping a full load on my cpu and playing but it doesn't do any good :(

#2 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:41 PM

I had a program a long time ago that would make flash games lag or the equivalent of that. Allowing you to basically act like you were running a reallly crappy computer. Anyone know where I can get one of these or maybe create some symptoms of an old comp? Tried dumping a full load on my cpu and playing but it doesn't do any good :(

Cheat Engine

#3 MasterJunpei

MasterJunpei
  • 453 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:44 PM

hmm this looks rather technical. Before I start reading a ton of info will this be able to lag the games on neopets?

#4 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:58 PM

hmm this looks rather technical. Before I start reading a ton of info will this be able to lag the games on neopets?

It can down clock any game (or program if you want) using the Speedhacks. You can even pause the game (warning, some games are immune and will continue to run even though it seems to stop). And for what you are doing, it is extremely simple.
  • Start Cheat Engine.
  • Click the flashing button (obviously required before you can do anything).
  • Find the process for your web browser. Firefox and Internet Explorer are simple but Chrome is split into multiple processes which means you will have to use Chrome's Task Manager to find the Process ID and use Calculator (standard on all Windows) to convert it to hex. Chrome is a little more work to set up but it has its benefits like not slowing down (or pause) the entire browser.
  • Check "Enable Speedhack".
  • Type in the speed you want (.01 = 1%, .5 = 50%, 1 = 100%, 2 = 200%).
  • Press "Apply"
  • When you want to return to normal speed, uncheck "Enable Speedhack", apply 1, or close Cheat Engine.
I have used this for a lot of games (both Flash/Shockwave) like Top Chop, Meerca Chase, etc. Just be careful with Shockwave because I keep getting an error when I try to send a High Score (actually cheating by changing the game's memory).

Edited by Kweh, 09 March 2010 - 11:05 PM.

#5 MasterJunpei

MasterJunpei
  • 453 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:36 PM

sweetness works good for me thanks Kweh

#6 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:12 AM

i read kwehs topic on this, may look into it later

#7 Neopian

Neopian
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:15 AM

The most simple way to lag or speed up your games is: Speedgear 5.0
The only downside to this is: It will only work on Windows XP (not vista nor Windows7)

#8 MasterJunpei

MasterJunpei
  • 453 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:22 AM

well that means I can't use it :( running 7 ultimate

#9 Neopian

Neopian
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:16 AM

This is the only reason I still have a XP partition on my computer. Because Speedgear is easy to use, and (oke never say never) TNT can't detect it.

#10 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

XD my comp is brand new but shitty so it just lags anyways. But its a pain on nova defender bc the enemies teleport 0.o

#11 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:17 PM

XD my comp is brand new but shitty so it just lags anyways. But its a pain on nova defender bc the enemies teleport 0.o

I would say they materialize. Once they're on-screen they are simply mobile.

Thus why I wouldn't call it "teleporting"

#12 GreenScissors

GreenScissors
  • 478 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:37 PM

Would TNT realize that you're cheating from this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users