• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:20 PM

Yeah the title says it all. Usually I hate titles, as they're a useless denomination of words. But today's is good.

Anyway, me first.

My username comes from my earliest days on the internet. Internet access was available in dialup form from the time I was a kid, but broadband access came when I was around 9. I had just read Harry Potter. So when I got on the internet and started Yahooing (because google didn't yet have 90% market share) I found fanfiction - a creative yet restricted form of fiction writing that makes for interesting reading. One of my favorite authors was named silverphoenix. I chose a username with a color and an animal to match.

The red lion has a certain significance, but its antiquated to have an imaginary friend. He is my alterego - the courageous knight slaying anglo-saxons. The king of Powys flew a red lion rampant on a field of or.

Until i wikipedia'd red lion I didn't know that "Red Lion is the name of over six hundred pubs, outnumbered only by The Crown[6].[7] It thus can stand for an archetypal British pub." I've been to Britain. I never left London, but that was because of tube bombings. Not my fault :p I saw plenty of pubs, but I never saw a redlion.

How about you?

#2 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:22 PM

Its because iargue.

A friend made it when he created me a wow account. Lol.

#3 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:27 PM

A friend took mine when he registered ages ago (Drakonid), so when I came here, I took over his.

#4 Philly

Philly
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:29 PM

Philly looks a hell of a lot like my real name, though not quite. What a lovely story :x3:

#5 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:30 PM

I liked Legend of Zelda a lot six years ago? (I still do, but I haven't played much of it lately. :p)

#6 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:35 PM

By the 64 I'll have to ask:
MM or OoT?

#7 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:37 PM

By the 64 I'll have to ask:
MM or OoT?

OoT (MM is alright but I got bored with it)

#8 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

I played MM before OoT, not sure why, and to be honest, I found MM far better than OoT.

#9 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:08 PM

Wow mine seems boring compared to yours.

I was 11 and uncreative (having not had proper music exposure yet). So I came up with my initials + gender. And then I opened my hotmail account.

I started with underscores (J_C_R_BOY) but moved away from those because not all username fields support underscores.

Once I realized that noone anywhere ends up being JCRBoy but me... then I knew I had a keeper.

#10 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:14 AM

Todd

#11 Crepe

Crepe
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:40 AM

Hm, well mine's simple enough.
I enjoy making and eating crepes?
/not interesting

Edited by Crepe, 19 March 2010 - 12:41 AM.

#12 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:58 AM

This is a real interesting topic. Now I want to go to have a drink at the Red Lion.

Todd

Penny dreadful motha fucka.

Uh, I was 14 when I first got the internets at home. I know, I was SO OLD, right?
I was really into Team Rocket, and went onto this one Pokemon board. I tried to think of something that sums me up as a person, because I didn't want to be ILuvEeves84, and so I thought, "I love punk rock music, and no one can ever get me to shut up." So punkrockbigmouth. People had a hard time with it, because it's so long, but I really don't give a fuck. :p

#13 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:05 AM

My current username is relatively straightforward - it's a nickname of my real name, Daniel.

I previously had LemonyBrainAid though... that one is an anagram of my full name. (Daniel Robin May = Lemony Brain Aid)

#14 LeeEn

LeeEn
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:38 AM

LeeEn was the name I used for my English test. The part where you can put any name under "Yours sincerely". Posted Image

#15 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:30 AM

Mine was create for my WoW account. I'm so cool

My favourite type of weapon are bow and arrows, but didn't want to use "bow", so I used "boh".

And then I used another shield reference to put "gaurd"

Then I realized i spelled "guard" wrong haha.

The name stuck

#16 GreenScissors

GreenScissors
  • 478 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:58 AM

its just a random name I like

#17 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:11 AM

my last name is talbert

my friends call me "the talbs"

so talbs lol

Edited by talbs, 19 March 2010 - 10:12 AM.

#18 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:45 AM

Originally ToxicHobo because I thought it brought up a cool mental image (like 4 years ago :p)

Got tired of getting called Toxi Chobo or ToxicHomo so I changed it to Mr. Hobo because you bitches best respect me

#19 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:44 PM

My friend was in a play called "Spring Awakening". One of the characters was named "Melchior". But I'm always thinking about changing my display name :p

Yeah the title says it all. Usually I hate titles, as they're a useless denomination of words. But today's is good.

Anyway, me first.

My username comes from my earliest days on the internet. Internet access was available in dialup form from the time I was a kid, but broadband access came when I was around 9. I had just read Harry Potter. So when I got on the internet and started Yahooing (because google didn't yet have 90% market share) I found fanfiction - a creative yet restricted form of fiction writing that makes for interesting reading. One of my favorite authors was named silverphoenix. I chose a username with a color and an animal to match.

The red lion has a certain significance, but its antiquated to have an imaginary friend. He is my alterego - the courageous knight slaying anglo-saxons. The king of Powys flew a red lion rampant on a field of or.

Until i wikipedia'd red lion I didn't know that "Red Lion is the name of over six hundred pubs, outnumbered only by The Crown[6].[7] It thus can stand for an archetypal British pub." I've been to Britain. I never left London, but that was because of tube bombings. Not my fault :p I saw plenty of pubs, but I never saw a redlion.

How about you?

Dude you've had the same username, avatar and sig for as long as I can remember. :p The only other person who can boast that would be Hydro and his sig....and Noit

#20 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:34 PM

It's a general username I've used for about 7 years. It's my birth year, plus lyrics from these fine gentlemen:

Posted Image

I went through a weird phase.

#21 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:55 PM

It was Elindoril or Spudman, and I was playing WoW at the time so I just used my Characters name.

#22 Kaitan

Kaitan
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:18 PM

well I went though a "emo" phase lol and I like to wear neon colors so people started calling me emonemo and I added the 425 from my halo clan lol Posted Image

oops I forgot that I dont have the 425 on this one lol cause no one on this site had my name already :p Im usually emonemo425

Edited by emonemo, 19 March 2010 - 03:20 PM.

#23 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:22 PM

well I went though a "emo" phase lol and I like to wear neon colors so people started calling me emonemo and I added the 425 from my halo clan lol Posted Image

oops I forgot that I dont have the 425 on this one lol cause no one on this site had my name already :p Im usually emonemo425

You can change it via your profile if you want to.

#24 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:21 PM

Do you still play?

#25 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:20 PM

Do you still play?

I'll play!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users