Your takes on Global Warming?

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#101 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:18 PM

yes I am sure that 90% of posters on this thread including OP are 'media and lobbyists'

Nor are they scientists.
I didn't specify for anyone else.

Nice of you to ignore the rest of the post, though. Real smooth.

#102 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:21 PM

This was your post, dude:

You mean, that's why all the scientists call it global climate change, and all the media and lobbyists call it global warming?
Not to mention the fact that the world is warming, on average. No one, but you apparently, said that everywhere was warming equally.

I guess you're weaseling out on your own proposal? Shock and surprise abound.

The only part I didn't address was the ad hominem at the end :p

#103 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:25 PM

This was your post, dude:

The only part I didn't address was the ad hominem at the end :p

No, the only part you attempted to address was the first sentence.

You glossed over the fact that global warming is an appropriate moniker, just one that is easier to deny with word play, and ignorant calls to personal experience.

And the end was not an ad hominem. I'm not attacking your character to undermine your arguments. I'm pointing out the fact that you are weaseling out of the very bargain you made before I wrote my substantive reply.

#104 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

Very well. To prove that I am an honest man, noblesse oblige.

Tell me what to put in my signature praising you and showing your superiority.

#105 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:29 PM

Very well. To prove that I am an honest man, noblesse oblige.

Tell me what to put in my signature praising you and showing your superiority.

That which you already agreed to will suffice.

#106 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

Hmmmm?

#107 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:33 PM

Hmmmm?

Wrong topic?

#108 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:36 PM

Sweeney you gonna get Nunc to change his sig? id like to see that ^^

#109 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:02 PM

That which you already agreed to will suffice.

Votre souhait est mon commandement.

#110 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:13 PM

Nunc nice Sig ;)

although id like to see it a bit more bolder ^^
i was hoping for it to be big and red underlined
but then again not for me to decide seeing as i wasnt part of it :)

#111 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:18 PM

We all want things beyond our reach, rizler. For example, I wanted a brand new mercedes for my birthday, but I had to settle for a '09 model.

See, we must all make sacrifices.

Edited by Nunc, 26 February 2011 - 05:18 PM.

#112 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:19 PM

oo nice an '09 merc :o fancy must be rich :p
what model? i assume if your new driver probably C class?

#113 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

You assume correctly. Indeed, my parents

Now, my point was that, though a man may be wanting numerous objects beyond his reach, there is no guarantee that he will get them, at all or to a smaller extent than he deems right.

PS: „Lerne leiden ohne zu klagen!" as the Prussians say!
PPS: the German Prussians, not the extinct Baltic ones
PPPS: though it can be argued that one stems from the other

Edited by Nunc, 26 February 2011 - 05:27 PM.

#114 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:28 PM

is it the standard C class? i doubt it AMG cus then insurance would cost a bomb!
what colour? black? or white? or white with Black roof? unless silver? or custom colour?
my brother might get a white one in summer :o by the way i think the equivilant BMW 3 series is a bit more powerful

i get your point :p
also ive never known what P.S stands for...

Edited by rizler, 26 February 2011 - 05:28 PM.

#115 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

That is not too ignoble; many of the lower classes are untrained in classical writing, pravopis so to say. 'P.S.' stands for 'Post scripte,' which is Latin for 'after the writing'. It indicates information that is a part of the piece but that has not been inserted into the piece proper. Today, instead of Postscripts, many people use 'EDIT:' which is mroe adapted to the internet age.

The mercedes is silver. Here is a picture of a similar model, but mine is slightly different, in certain regions; this picture may be of a concept model or some such:
Spoiler

Edited by Nunc, 26 February 2011 - 05:33 PM.

#116 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

That is not too ignoble; many of the lower classes are untrained in classical writing, pravopis so to say. 'P.S.' stands for 'Post scripte,' which is Latin for 'after the writing'. It indicates information that is a part of the piece but that has not been inserted into the piece proper. Today, instead of Postscripts, many people use 'EDIT:' which is mroe adapted to the internet age.

The mercedes is silver. Here is a picture of a similar model, but mine is slightly different, in certain regions; this picture may be of a concept model or some such:

Spoiler

ah i see guess ill stick to EDIT then :) also i dont think thats a concept model
All Mercs have a decent Price range the AMG is usually the highest and then you get sport models luxury etc that one is probably a higher in the price range :)
still nice you got a merc though and a new one too ;)

anyway bit late 1:40 AM think ill head off to bed nice talking to you :*

#117 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:43 PM

Same; I bid you good luck in your pursuits through life.

#118 mlv

mlv
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:52 AM

We don't realise this because the Global Warming just affect us in that: a little hotter, a little colder, isn't that different... but the ices (our water reservation in my country, at least) are melting because of this change of temperature, and in some years we will have lack of water (people say that the next World War would be because of this) and that will be a huuuuge problem for everybody, our body is a 70% of water, I mean, we obviously won't survive without water

#119 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:38 AM

Some people posting on this thread do not understand the overall out come of global warming.
The polar ice caps which are indeed melting (some of them, not all yet) make up 2% of all the water in the ocean.
Now just imagine if they melted; the ocean is about 3800km in depth, now multiply that by 0.02 (2%)
The sea level will rise 76km! That's enough to take out Hawaii, where I live, parts of New York, Japan, and where ever else you could think of thats near coastal regions if not surrounded by water.
I'm already noticing change in the sea levels on Oahu. When I was just a child, Waikiki, one of the main beaches of Honolulu had almost a quarter mile of sand exposed.
Now, there isn't much sand exposed, barely enough sand for you sprint forward for 3 seconds and begin to walk.
Werther you like it or not, global warming is happening and theres nothing we can really do about it, the damage has been done.

Edited by CuriousOyster, 17 March 2011 - 12:29 PM.

#120 vurty

vurty
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:17 PM

I think its happening, but that it's naturally happening and we don't have much impact on it.

#121 Eyams

Eyams
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:39 AM

i think although the inconvenient truth was really the movie that started the global warming awareness, it lacked scientific procedures that made it legitimate. However, I do still think that global warming is still a significant issue to the world. Keep in mind that global warming can cause weather on both extremes, not only the warm despite the name.

#122 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:56 PM

The human-induced global warming theory is downright fucking stupid. Average temperatures changing? Of course they fucking are. The earth is a goddamn living organism (not literally) and it fucking changes. Ice core samples HAVE revealed that the earth's climate is ALWAYS changing. Point? This is fucking natural. Humans are so insignificant to the earth. You cannot imagine the immensity of the fuck that the earth does not give.

tl;dr global climate change IS happening, humans have nothing to fucking do with it.

God dammit I posted before I fucking read. This is what happens when you don't come around for months at a time.

#123 Yakko

Yakko
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:25 AM

I wish global warming were just a bad dream.

#124 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:04 PM

I don't really mind if it happens new york does get pretty chilly

#125 mjcm

mjcm
  • 122 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:30 AM

i think it is merely nature's way of healing itself from the damage us humans gave her. But it is real and it is here. In my country, summers are getting freakishly hot and the rainy season cause more flooding than it used to.

if global warming reaches its peak, parts of my country, specially the town where I am located will sink :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users