Photo

Your takes on Global Warming?

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#126 dratini

dratini
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:20 AM

A natural process. However, I don't doubt that we are helping it along with our gas-guzzling antics. I am not a die-hard environmentalist, but carbon footprints are not that difficult to reduce on an individual scale.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say that our current Prime Minister is a scummy corporate-fueled douchebag who is probably responsible for 60% of this country's fossil fuel output, considering the unnecessary flight allowances he gives all his MPs and the new Parliamentary cars he buys (just because he can).

Edited by Lieri, 11 May 2011 - 06:21 AM.

#127 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:33 AM

if global cooling were real then it is time to rejoice, because california summer weather is horrible..

#128 sylphique

sylphique
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

I don't think anybody is disputing whether climate change occurs naturally... The rate of change is the concern. Blanket statements about the earth changing all the time disguise the issue at hand. As of 2009, the scientific evidence I saw made me lean towards a definite anthropogenic source for an increased rate of change but admittedly I haven't kept up with the information. :(

Either way, I don't see the harm in acting under the precautionary principle.

#129 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:25 PM

climate change happens naturally yes, but spilling pollutants into the air will speed up climate change, and will usually move it towards an extreme.

#130 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

Woah. Why was nunc banned?

#131 Currant

Currant
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:59 PM

Spoiler

#132 nugget111

nugget111
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

Global Warming is All a much af wackism

guys check out Alex jones

put it in google and SE they kind of HIDDEN INFO this dudes comes up with

#133 j0nath0n3

j0nath0n3
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:02 AM

i believe in it..

#134 Blueberry

Blueberry
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:05 AM

fake and gay

No but in all serious I think it's a big part in all the weather disasters going on lately.

#135 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:32 AM

I dont believe in it, but anyways, if it were true its not for me to worry about. ill probably die before the earth warms up too muchPosted Image

#136 Tanuki

Tanuki
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:27 AM

Well... the science has been pretty sure on the matter for the last few decades. As in, as sure as we are that dropping an apple will make it fall to the ground. The vast, vast majority of legitimate scientific research that stands up to continued scrutiny says there is something happening. The only room for doubt is at the edges, i.e. how fast it's happening and the exact processes involved.

I just can't believe this has become a "belief" issue. It's not about belief. It's about hard science. And not about whatever line the mainstream media is peddling (probably Murdoch's line, at that.)

#137 MetalVender

MetalVender
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:31 AM

Well how i understand it is that there is nearly 100-200 years of information cataloged on the weather and climate around the planet and that there are a few billion years with which no one knows what has really happened. So i think that whatever is happening is a natural process and honestly we earth has had to put up with far higher levels of Co2 in its atmosphere before. Other than that, i don't care.

#138 necospes

necospes
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:00 AM

I dont believe in it, but anyways, if it were true its not for me to worry about. ill probably die before the earth warms up too muchPosted Image

Why not? Don't trust the overwhelming climate scientists who believe in it?

And just because you'll die before the effects sink in does not give you the right to leave this problem for future generations to handle. This kind of irresponsibility is terrible.

#139 MetalVender

MetalVender
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:11 AM

And just because you'll die before the effects sink in does not give you the right to leave this problem for future generations to handle. This kind of irresponsibility is terrible.

Well Technically your wrong because rights only relate to politics to be honest and just because you may think he may not have any right to leave the problem for future generations does not give you the right politically to point out that he is the one leaving the problem that roughly 6.5 billion people have to live with.

If i slap you, do you think i have the right? Do you think that you have the right to be concerned? Honestly this is a thread for people to put in their own thoughts and opinions into the discussion. If you want to be an asshole and think you have any rights at all to say things like this to someone else stating he does not care, or he does not believe. Or even that he will probably die before hand. Then be my guest but your just going to dig a big hole for yourself.

-

Oh and Lonewolf honestly i feel the same because i mean by the time anything serious happens we will realize its a natural process. So basically i don't give a flying fuck at all about the issue, i just like to know about facts even if they don't add up to this bullshit.

Also you stating that this kind of irresponsibility is terrible is ridiculous, i mean your basically stating lonewolf is going to be responsible for leaving a problem (if it is) to the future generations to deal with. Seriously? 1 Person? He really caused this Theoretically accurate and incorrect problem? He alone will leave it to the future generations? My Kids? My Grandchildren?

#140 necospes

necospes
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:31 AM

Well Technically your wrong because rights only relate to politics to be honest and just because you may think he may not have any right to leave the problem for future generations does not give you the right politically to point out that he is the one leaving the problem that roughly 6.5 billion people have to live with.

If i slap you, do you think i have the right? Do you think that you have the right to be concerned? Honestly this is a thread for people to put in their own thoughts and opinions into the discussion. If you want to be an asshole and think you have any rights at all to say things like this to someone else stating he does not care, or he does not believe. Or even that he will probably die before hand. Then be my guest but your just going to dig a big hole for yourself.

Sorry, I only understood half of what you said. But here goes: I have every right to accuse his mindset("I'll be dead so I don't care if my kids are screwed") of irresponsibility. That sort of mindset will doom humankind.

Also, the people elect the law makers. If enough people push for a cleaner world, then the law makers WILL listen. So, our generation is responsible for this problem.

Oh and Lonewolf honestly i feel the same because i mean by the time anything serious happens we will realize its a natural process. So basically i don't give a flying fuck at all about the issue, i just like to know about facts even if they don't add up to this bullshit.

Why do you believe so confidently that global warming is just a myth?

Also you stating that this kind of irresponsibility is terrible is ridiculous, i mean your basically stating lonewolf is going to be responsible for leaving a problem (if it is) to the future generations to deal with. Seriously? 1 Person? He really caused this Theoretically accurate and incorrect problem? He alone will leave it to the future generations? My Kids? My Grandchildren?

No, that is not what I'm saying. I never said lonewolf bears all of the blame if global warming occurs. The crux of what you're arguing here is based on a misrepresention of my argument.

#141 MetalVender

MetalVender
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:40 AM

[/size][/color]

Sorry, I only understood half of what you said. But here goes: I have every right to accuse his mindset("I'll be dead so I don't care if my kids are screwed") of irresponsibility. That sort of mindset will doom humankind.

Also, the people elect the law makers. If enough people push for a cleaner world, then the law makers WILL listen. So, our generation is responsible for this problem.

Why do you believe so confidently that global warming is just a myth?

No, that is not what I'm saying. I never said lonewolf bears all of the blame if global warming occurs. The crux of what you're arguing here is based on a misrepresention of my argument.

Where did i state that Global Warming is a Myth?

Also I did mis-read what you stated. It was clear that you targeted lonelywolf not his post. Therefore not his mindset in which you could not fully know what correctly portrayed in his own statement anyway.

#142 necospes

necospes
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:49 AM

Where did i state that Global Warming is a Myth?

You said this:

Oh and Lonewolf honestly i feel the same because i mean by the time anything serious happens we will realize its a natural process.

In other words you believe that what scientists think is Global Warming is actually just a natural process. So Global Warming is a myth, not real.

Also I did mis-read what you stated. It was clear that you targeted lonelywolf not his post. Therefore not his mindset in which you could not fully know what correctly portrayed in his own statement anyway.

I do know what he meant in his statement because it was so blunt. He said this:

You can't get any more direct than that.

Unless it was a joke. Then, har har har. Har.

#143 MetalVender

MetalVender
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:03 AM

You said this:

In other words you believe that what scientists think is Global Warming is actually just a natural process. So Global Warming is a myth, not real.

I do know what he meant in his statement because it was so blunt. He said this:
You can't get any more direct than that.

Unless it was a joke. Then, har har har. Har.

You seriously don't understand how to read properly do you?

I know for a fact that what the supposed Global Warming is real, and at that exact same they only have a very small section of evidence for this. It simply works like this... More Co2 in the air, the hotter it will get because it will keep the suns energy trapped inside our atmosphere and ironically the Chloro Fluro (probably wrong spelling) Carbons that were in the atmosphere for so long from us guys putting it in cans and stuff were actually masking the effects that these scientists say are the workings of Global warming by keeping a steady reaction with the Co2 in the atmosphere recycling it back into the oceans etc by making actually making the earth cooler, or more or less at a steady rate...

So for your information im not dumb, look up this information, i know all about it, but just a few hundred years of solid evidence, and a bunch of cores being analysed with some evidence coming out of that research theoretically does not mean that what we know as global warming is exactly what we or you assume it is thanks.

It is simply a natural process and is being accelerated only slightly from our few million tonnes of Co2 being pumped into the atmosphere everyday...

We should be far more worried about Methan Deposits under the ocean near the Areas where earthquakes are common, now if we had one of those underground methan gas deposits burst then we are officially fucked :)

#144 necospes

necospes
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:42 AM

You seriously don't understand how to read properly do you?

I know for a fact that what the supposed Global Warming is real, and at that exact same they only have a very small section of evidence for this. It simply works like this... More Co2 in the air, the hotter it will get because it will keep the suns energy trapped inside our atmosphere and ironically the Chloro Fluro (probably wrong spelling) Carbons that were in the atmosphere for so long from us guys putting it in cans and stuff were actually masking the effects that these scientists say are the workings of Global warming by keeping a steady reaction with the Co2 in the atmosphere recycling it back into the oceans etc by making actually making the earth cooler, or more or less at a steady rate...

So for your information im not dumb, look up this information, i know all about it, but just a few hundred years of solid evidence, and a bunch of cores being analysed with some evidence coming out of that research theoretically does not mean that what we know as global warming is exactly what we or you assume it is thanks.

It is simply a natural process and is being accelerated only slightly from our few million tonnes of Co2 being pumped into the atmosphere everyday...

We should be far more worried about Methan Deposits under the ocean near the Areas where earthquakes are common, now if we had one of those underground methan gas deposits burst then we are officially fucked :)

Ok, so I wasn't crystal clear. I meant that you didn't think the human exacerbation of global warming was an issue we need to deal with.

No offense, but it's hard to "understand to read properly" when your writing is so difficult to comprehend.

#145 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

Global warming wouldn't be as much of an issue if we weren't desertifying our land and deforestating our forests. Carbon's ability to act like a green house in our atmosphere isn't made up or 'pseudo-science'... Carbon traps heat in our atmosphere causing it to warm up. Ta-da. Our agricultural strains of genetically engineered plants are kings of their designed environment, but that is all going to collapse with slight changes into our climates. Places that have invested millions in the infrastructure for a large-scale farm are soon going to find out that their land is worthless to growing. Heating up of certain areas are going to cause more convectional rainfall which will leach all the minerals from the soil. ~*~ World hunger 2060 ~*~

Oh, what CFCs do is that the chrloine bonds to the ozone creating ClO and O2, that depletes the ozone layer, allowing UV rays to directly enter our atmosphere.

#146 Tanuki

Tanuki
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:10 PM

I think farmers will adapt. There are strains of plants that are more suited to different environments, just look at the Australian strands - we're used to dry as hell conditions, yet we still have a thriving agricultural sector. But it will cause a lot of pain while people are adapting.

#147 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users