Photo

Anyone got the new IPad?

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:34 PM

was it that good?I'm planning to buy one soon.

#2 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:03 PM

Had no room for your to put your hands if you're typing.

And its just a really big touch-screen.

Why not just buy a laptop?

#3 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:05 PM

Had no room for your to put your hands if you're typing.

And its just a really big touch-screen.

Why not just buy a laptop?

agreed. I don't see the point. If you love touch screen that much, buy a tablet PC or something

#4 dramabeatz

dramabeatz
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:08 PM

find me a tablet pc that doesnt weigh more than a lb and that boots up within a couple seconds and that has all the programs that my iphone? o yea its the Ipad and definitely worth it.. using it right now to type.. not that hard if you dont weigh 3000 lbs

#5 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

find me a tablet pc that doesnt weigh more than a lb and that boots up within a couple seconds and that has all the programs that my iphone? o yea its the Ipad and definitely worth it.. using it right now to type.. not that hard if you dont weigh 3000 lbs

what are you talking about? me being 3000 pounds? didnt make sense to me. and you said it yourself, you already have all the software on your iphone. anyway, I really havent mesed with it much so i can't make to much a decision about it. just what i've heard

#6 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:34 PM

hey dramabeatz..how is it like?any further comments and is it worth it?

#7 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

I just bought a Kindle late last year. Fml.

Definately aroused by the iPad though.

#8 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

I have no use for a pad, I'm no woman.

#9 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:39 PM

I played around with it today. If you were thinking of buying a kindle or something like that, the ipad definitely seems like a better toy Posted Image
I dont really want either of those though so I wouldn't buy one, but I can definitely see the appeal.

#10 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Only a moron would purchase the Ipad.

A netbook is better, has more applications, and SUPPORTS FUCKING FLASH.

Purchasing an Ipad is like purchasing a 400 dollar piece of crap.

#11 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

lol,Elin...nice joke..but IPad is not the Pad you're thinking:Phahaha

#12 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

i gotta admit. i'm ashamed i didnt see any of the tampon jokes coming with a topic about an IPad

#13 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:44 PM

Only a moron would purchase the Ipad.

A netbook is better, has more applications, and SUPPORTS FUCKING FLASH.

Purchasing an Ipad is like purchasing a 400 dollar piece of crap.

Yet again you post nonsense. If I wanted to carry around a netbook all day to read e-books I wouldn't have bought a Kindle. Obviously the iPad meets the needs of a particular market. It doesn't meet your needs? I don't care.

#14 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:44 PM

lol,Elin...nice joke..but IPad is not the Pad you're thinking:Phahaha

No, it is, it doesn't have very many other uses than catching liquid.

#15 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:45 PM

They should advertise that feature

#16 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:45 PM

Yeah agree Artificial...people have different needs and preferences..Dont call us morons,lol..I think I will still buy it in the near future

#17 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:48 PM

Why don't you wait till the price drops? I can see a $100 price drop in like 3-4 months. Plus by then there will be more reviews and opinions and updates that you can use to help make your decision.

#18 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:59 PM

Ill consider that ciddx...I think I could use extra $100 but im just really excited.

I think Ill consider that ciddx coz I could use an extra $100 but im just so excited to get it asap.

#19 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:33 PM

Ill consider that ciddx...I think I could use extra $100 but im just really excited.

I think Ill consider that ciddx coz I could use an extra $100 but im just so excited to get it asap.

I hear that... not that i want the ipad. but i do understand how hard it is to wait to buy something if i actually have the money

#20 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:35 PM

Yet again you post nonsense. If I wanted to carry around a netbook all day to read e-books I wouldn't have bought a Kindle. Obviously the iPad meets the needs of a particular market. It doesn't meet your needs? I don't care.

It meets no ones needs. It doesnt support reading e-books. It doesnt support multitasking. It doesnt support 90% of the web. and it hardly has any applications for it.

The only market it ever fits into is the market for Apple obsessed fanboys.

#21 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:38 PM

Woooo! Hundreds of applications!

#22 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:42 PM

There's an app for that.

#23 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:44 PM

It meets no ones needs. It doesnt support reading e-books. It doesnt support multitasking. It doesnt support 90% of the web. and it hardly has any applications for it.

Amazon Kindle is an e-book reader. Download books from their store or load .pdf files directly on to the device itself. The market is huge. It has been Amazon's most profitable venture since it's beginning, hence why Apple is now trying to compete.

From that perspective, the iPad is a glorified e-reader. To say it isn't value for money is ridiculous. On average, let's say it costs $20 to buy a book. 20 books = $400, roughly the price of an iPad. Looking at my bookshelf now, I see at least 300. That's $6,000 worth of books. On the otherhand, I have over 30,000 novels in a pdf format on my hard drive. $600,000 worth of books. A $400 investment on an e-reader is fine.

You could argue that there is no need for an iPad. You could get a simple PDF reader at half price. But that goes against human nature. People want the best and, there is no doubt that the iPad will be the best on the market. I would gladly pay twice as much for the iPad then I did my Kindle. Heck, I can't even browse the internet on my Kindle because of their ridiculous licensing restrictions.

Sure, there are other devices that perform that same functions. If I wanted to lug around a netbook to read the books, I would. However, that's impractical.

#24 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

Amazon Kindle is an e-book reader. Download books from their store or load .pdf files directly on to the device itself. The market is huge. It has been Amazon's most profitable venture since it's beginning, hence why Apple is now trying to compete.

From that perspective, the iPad is a glorified e-reader. To say it isn't value for money is ridiculous. On average, let's say it costs $20 to buy a book. 20 books = $400, roughly the price of an iPad. Looking at my bookshelf now, I see at least 300. That's $6,000 worth of books. On the otherhand, I have over 30,000 novels in a pdf format on my hard drive. $600,000 worth of books. A $400 investment on an e-reader is fine.

You could argue that there is no need for an iPad. You could get a simple PDF reader at half price. But that goes against human nature. People want the best and, there is no doubt that the iPad will be the best on the market. I would gladly pay twice as much for the iPad then I did my Kindle. Heck, I can't even browse the internet on my Kindle because of their ridiculous licensing restrictions.

Sure, there are other devices that perform that same functions. If I wanted to lug around a netbook to read the books, I would. However, that's impractical.

Lug around a netbook? Its the same size as an Ipad, and weighs about a pound less, and does a billion more things.

The Ipad cannot be used to read ANY Ebook. It can only read books from the Apple store, and only approved ones. That means that it has to be completely family friendly. No sex. No violence. No rape. None of that. Bad words will get the book banned. The Apple Store is well known for being really reallly realllllly restrictive.

#25 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:49 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users