Anyone got the new IPad?

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#26 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:50 PM

Lug around a netbook? Its the same size as an Ipad, and weighs about a pound less, and does a billion more things.

The Ipad cannot be used to read ANY Ebook. It can only read books from the Apple store, and only approved ones. That means that it has to be completely family friendly. No sex. No violence. No rape. None of that. Bad words will get the book banned. The Apple Store is well known for being really reallly realllllly restrictive.

Holding a netbook to read novels is ridiculous. Have you ever tried it? You get sick of it fast.

There are (or will be) apps for reading .pdf documents. Just like the iPhone.

#27 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:51 PM

Holding a netbook to read novels is ridiculous. Have you ever tried it? You get sick of it fast.

There are (or will be) apps for reading .pdf documents. Just like the iPhone.

Once again. If it contains sex, its banned. pdf readers have been banned because you can read the Karma sutra on it....

#28 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:52 PM

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGUppxoJUVg"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XGUppxoJUVg[/url]

HAHAHA! I can't remember where. But i saw somebody get an Ipad from apple free and they crushed it for fun. I can't remember for the life of me where I saw it... time to go look around

#29 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

Once again. If it contains sex, its banned. pdf readers have been banned because you can read the Karma sutra on it....

Old news.

http://www.wired.com...r-to-app-store/

#30 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGUppxoJUVg"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XGUppxoJUVg[/url]

Wow, it's pretty solid.

#31 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

Wow, it's pretty solid.

wow, those guys should find a better use for $500.

#32 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

wow, those guys should find a better use for $500.

No, that looks like an awesome use of 500 bucks.

#33 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:15 PM

I considered an IPad for about 5 seconds, then saw it doesnt support Flash. WTF?
What if I wanted to visit fucking Neopets on it?

Haha.
Seriously though, I think it's pretty fucking useless and halfassed. Get a fucking laptop, shit. Who cares if you have to put it in a backpack? What are you gonna do? Fit your IPad in your pocket? Didnt think so.

#34 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:18 PM

That vid is sick...he shouldve given that to me...:(

#35 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

No, that looks like an awesome use of 500 bucks.

*cough*

Posted Image

with a side of

Posted Image

#36 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:01 PM

Aside from IPad...*cough*,im with Ciddx at this one Elin:P

#37 Jake2

Jake2
  • 1185 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:15 PM

No sex. No violence. No rape. None of that.

$400 and you can't even hear about someone being raped? :( apple just lost my purchase

them guys cant swing a bat for fucking shit. theypussy footed around too much.

#38 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:55 AM

find me a tablet pc that doesnt weigh more than a lb and that boots up within a couple seconds and that has all the programs that my iphone? o yea its the Ipad and definitely worth it.. using it right now to type.. not that hard if you dont weigh 3000 lbs

lol, mine weighs a max of 3lbs if even that, has only 1gb of space with 5 or so sim games, photoshop, and adobe flash on it (And other randomosities) and runs like a beauty even still. I can still put so much more on it but don't feel like it. It doesn't take long for it to start up either.
Got it for 250 :)
Toshiba Tablet ^ ^
<3~Love

#39 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

lol, mine weighs a max of 3lbs if even that, has only 1gb of space with 5 or so sim games, photoshop, and adobe flash on it (And other randomosities) and runs like a beauty even still. I can still put so much more on it but don't feel like it. It doesn't take long for it to start up either.
Got it for 250 :)
Toshiba Tablet ^ ^
<3~Love

Not to mention that yours have all the apps that windows supports (Well over a billion) can support any hardware you wish to plug into it, can MULTITASK, and can use flash, as well has a hundred other video formats.

The Ipad is an extremely retarded ideal.

#40 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:16 PM

Not to mention that yours have all the apps that windows supports (Well over a billion) can support any hardware you wish to plug into it, can MULTITASK, and can use flash, as well has a hundred other video formats.

multitasking

Edited by moosejuice, 04 April 2010 - 12:17 PM.

#41 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

The Ipad is an extremely retarded ideal.

Agreed. Especially if they're putting blocks and shit on the Ipad. Seriously stupid. Apple trying to keep a good name or something? I think they've lost a lot of buyers with this one by trying to be "good".

#42 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

Im sad seeing this people that extremely underestimating and making fun of Apple...I think apple made a huge step forward with IPad.

#43 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

Agreed. Especially if they're putting blocks and shit on the Ipad. Seriously stupid. Apple trying to keep a good name or something? I think they've lost a lot of buyers with this one by trying to be "good".

Regardless. There are still going to be plenty of buyers. For example, my older sister (college graduate) went to the store to "play" with the IPad. She sent my mom a text telling my mom how great it was. My mom asked "can it handle document creation?" My sister didn't know what that meant. When my mom explained. My sister responded "Why would I need to do that? I have a laptop for that?"

so there you have it, there are some people that just want it because it's "cool". Yet, they have no idea what it will help them do. This thing will sell.

#44 Qwerty54

Qwerty54
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

Eww.

#45 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

Woooooww. That's just... Wow.
Spending that much money on something that is "cool".

I doubt it can handle document creation though (if its not already stated anywhere. I haven't looked up the ipad). If its full on touch screen? I mean, they could have a touch keyboard but you'd make soooo many mistakes through that it's not even funny, I and doubt they'lree gonna do it my laptops way where you write out the words and it inputs them in text for you.

The ipad is overall stupid. I find it funny that she thought its cool and already HAS a laptop. The laptop, from what i hear, can do MUCH more than this dinky thing. It's sad that people, in this sort of economy (Also depending where you are but in america anyway) are wasting their money on stupid shit like this

#46 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:59 PM

Woooooww. That's just... Wow.
Spending that much money on something that is "cool".

I doubt it can handle document creation though (if its not already stated anywhere. I haven't looked up the ipad). If its full on touch screen? I mean, they could have a touch keyboard but you'd make soooo many mistakes through that it's not even funny, I and doubt they'lree gonna do it my laptops way where you write out the words and it inputs them in text for you.

The ipad is overall stupid. I find it funny that she thought its cool and already HAS a laptop. The laptop, from what i hear, can do MUCH more than this dinky thing. It's sad that people, in this sort of economy (Also depending where you are but in america anyway) are wasting their money on stupid shit like this

Oh I agree. But to make a point. I have no qualms with people spending their own money. I certainly don't deserve their money. It's theirs.

Anyway, she wouldn't have the money to buy it right now, but her boyfriend certainly would.

#47 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

Im sad seeing this people that extremely underestimating and making fun of Apple...I think apple made a huge step forward with IPad.

Really? Apple has done everything else that other companies have ALREADY done (Like my Toshiba laptop) but /LESS/. My tablet can turn into a full on touch screen if I turn the screen 180 degrees and fold it back onto my keyboard. Simple. Then I've got it to be a touchscreen with no keyboard. BUT, unlike with the ipad i can look up violence and sexual things if I wanted, play flash games and videos and such AND play installed games and youtube and music and everything a normal laptop can do anyway. the ipad is nothing new except for the fact that its TINIER THAN SHIT but you'd still need a bag or something less you wanna walk around with that thing (Smart move - invite the thieves in!), and its nothing but touch screen which, with computer like objects, is not necessarily a good thing. Especially if Apple is charging MORE for that piece of junk than most good laptops cost. It's just sad. There's nothing special bout this new "invention" IMO

Not to mention that touchscreens eventually end up royally fucking up after too much usage. At least with tablets, you don't HAVE to use the touch screen. If the touch screen eventually stops working, you can at least always use it anyway. Laptops don't last long and are considered disposable after so much time as is. The ipad is like a sucky laptop isn't it? It's not gonna last very long. This is just a way for Apple to make more money by being stupid and stealing ideas that are already created but even with that they failed.
I'm not a hater of Apple. I love them. But I just don't think this is their bestachievement yet. It's not even very good...

Oh I agree. But to make a point. I have no qualms with people spending their own money. I certainly don't deserve their money. It's theirs.

Anyway, she wouldn't have the money to buy it right now, but her boyfriend certainly would.

Same here but you'd think they'd use their money a little better anyway or think logically bout it. =____=

#48 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

I also think that Apple just comes out with a new product every 6 months just to keep their market share. This isn't exactly a bad thing. It just means that everything they come out with isn't going to be as ground breaking as the IPod.

#49 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

Same thoughts here. And no, its not a bad thing. If they took more time on the ipad though they could've truly developed something worth the money.
Kinda like Nintendo with the ds. They started off with the DS then made the DS Lite, then the DSi, and now the DSiXL which IMO is utterly stupid. Yeah its bigger but from what I hear, its nothing but. Its the same fucking thing as the DSi just bigger than the DSlite. It was an unneeded invention and they wshould've taken more time to make it into something better. I may trade my DSi in for it but only cause its starting to wear down for some reason. But until it full on breaks, I'm not doing shit to get the DSi XL. Fuck that.
They took the same steps as Apple did with their products and then came out with something utterly stupid because of a market rush. It's just amazing how all this works and I never realized it until I started taking Economy this semester.

#50 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:17 PM

Same here but you'd think they'd use their money a little better anyway or think logically bout it. =____=

You would hope so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users