Anyone got the new IPad?

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#51 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:05 PM

Im sad seeing this people that extremely underestimating and making fun of Apple...I think apple made a huge step forward with IPad.

I am guessing that this makes you a complete and utter retard?

Explain to me, please, how this is a huge step forward, rather then a step backwards.

Regardless. There are still going to be plenty of buyers. For example, my older sister (college graduate) went to the store to "play" with the IPad. She sent my mom a text telling my mom how great it was. My mom asked "can it handle document creation?" My sister didn't know what that meant. When my mom explained. My sister responded "Why would I need to do that? I have a laptop for that?"

so there you have it, there are some people that just want it because it's "cool". Yet, they have no idea what it will help them do. This thing will sell.

Welcome to Apples marketing Scheme. Brainwashing.

I doubt it can handle document creation though (if its not already stated anywhere. I haven't looked up the ipad).

It will be the same document editor like is on the Iphone (Which is epic fail). It doesnt support multitasking so you can both open a document and browse the web to research. :|

#52 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

You would hope so.

People have spent $500 in stupider ways...

#53 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:45 PM

People have spent $500 in stupider ways...

Like buying one and beating the shit out of it? ha. Yes. Well, people have spent less money in stupid ways too. Someone on ebay sold an invisible dog for $60. There were SOOOOO many people that bid on it too, that's the sad thing. o.O

@Argue: I haven't used an iphone either so I wouldn't know what this document thing is. But not being able to multitask? That's stupid. Even the PSP lets you do that. Sadly not the DSi but well, it sorta can in a way o.O

#54 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

I have an IPhone. there is NO WAY I'll ever use that thing for any real purpose. I use the notes feature more conveniently. Anyway, I'm not buying an IPad

#55 Morrodin

Morrodin
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:10 AM

I'll admit the concept is pretty cool. But I just don't at all see how it's worth as much as it is.

#56 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:21 AM

well,IPad and other apples products are really cool...but I gotta agree with you that they should be cheaper...but I guess thats impossible coz people buy at their price.

#57 bigtymerz05

bigtymerz05
  • 475 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:29 AM

nope but I just upgraded my cp to a iphone 3gs

#58 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

nope but I just upgraded my cp to a iphone 3gs

I don't think that helps but ughh,congrats to your new iphone.

#59 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:01 AM

Billgates, i'm PRETTY sure you're not supposed to support apple products... :o

#60 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:03 AM

Billgates, i'm PRETTY sure you're not supposed to support apple products... Posted Image

I'm secretly an apple fanatic...I only revealed it here in neocodex...soo shhhh,don't spread the news..:p

#61 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:05 AM

Well a while ago bill bailed out apple when they were about to go bankrupt

#62 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:06 AM

I have never owned any apple product :o I want one, but can't afford it :D

#63 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:18 AM

a computer or their iphone/pod/pad products?

#64 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

I have never owned any apple product Posted Image I want one, but can't afford it Posted Image

cmon,buy atleast an IPod..Im pretty sure its really worth it.

#65 SmAsHeR

SmAsHeR
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:12 PM

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGUppxoJUVg"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XGUppxoJUVg[/url]

Thats what it deserves. Just another piece of uneeded technology added to a consumerist world.

#66 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:23 PM

Thats what it deserves. Just another piece of uneeded technology added to a consumerist world.

I really don't get the point why people should do this stupid stuff..its such a waste of money...If they don't want it,they shouldve given it to someone else or not buy in the first place(if ever they bought it).

#67 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:41 PM

Well a while ago bill bailed out apple when they were about to go bankrupt

Dude. Microsoft loves Apples. Their flimsy 3% market share keeps Microsoft from being broken up for being a monopoly.

#68 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:48 PM

Dude. Microsoft loves Apples. Their flimsy 3% market share keeps Microsoft from being broken up for being a monopoly.

true that.

but in certain shares (definitely mp3 player market) i'm sure Microsoft wishes it had more share.
I think though Microsoft and Apple could definitely work together to battle Google on certain fronts - bing search as default on apple products for example.

#69 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:00 PM

bing search as default on apple products for example.

Rofl.

#70 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:03 PM

true that.

but in certain shares (definitely mp3 player market) i'm sure Microsoft wishes it had more share.
I think though Microsoft and Apple could definitely work together to battle Google on certain fronts - bing search as default on apple products for example.

That might not be far away. There were rumors that Apple was discussing with Microsoft about making Bing the default search engine and map provider on iPhones and iPod touches instead of Google. After checking out the Bing app (I'm surprised it even exists), I say no way because I love the nice clean look of Google and the last thing I want is wasted time waiting for the pages to load with scrolling backgrounds.

#71 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:20 PM

I'll be impressed when the Ipad functions and looks like this
Posted Image

#72 Philly

Philly
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:59 AM

It's ugly. I don't have it and wont get it

#73 Daryl

Daryl
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:48 AM

Get an iPhone instead of iPad.. not worth the money. It's just an enlarge version

#74 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:46 AM

Get an iPhone instead of iPad.. not worth the money. It's just an enlarge version

I think a lot of people getting ipads have ipods iphones imacs and itampons already.

#75 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:03 PM

lol

I saw that the iPad came out...
so I went on HP.com and purchased an HP Mini with a 160GB HD, 1.66ghz processor, a nice resolution to run photoshop, a 92% size of a normal keyboard, a carrying case, 2 batteries, and then I went to newegg to buy extra memory..... My total came out to less than that PoS iPad and It weigh's <2.5lbs. I'm pretty pleased with my purchase :3

As for reading, I do that on my Sony Reader ^^; Ipad's screen is way too bright for reading & the battery would probably not last very long :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users