Step 2) ??????
Step 3) Sell high
Step 4) Profit
BUT WHAT IS STEP 2?! INFLATION
This is a guide on how to inflate the price of any item you want.
This process has helped me to earn millions of Neopoints as a reseller. This guide will only benefit traders.
HERE ARE THE STEPS!
1) Choose an item that CAN be inflated. You may private message me asking me about the 'inflatableness' of the item you've picked.
Codestones and bottled faeries are near impossible to force inflation for because they come in such large quantities.
Choose an item that has a relatively small stock in existence and has decent demand. Avatar items are ideal.
2) Buy a bulk of that item. You do not have to buy all of it though. If you do not have enough Neopoints yourself, you may bring a few friends into the plan.
3) Once you have accumulated enough of that item, put them in trading post on DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS, all asking for a high price.
4) People who newly acquire that item will see the new price tag and set their prices accordingly. People who are already selling the item for the original price tag will have their items sold quickly as their price will appear to be cheap among the inflated prices.
5) [Optional Step] Go to the JellyNeo item database and edit the price of the item you are inflating. Change it to whatever price you've inflated to. JellyNeo prices are widely regarded to be accurate although they aren't. When they see that there are enough people asking for that same price you are asking for, they will change their price to the inflated price.
6) Begin the process of selling off the inflated items. Use multiple accounts. One account to sell the item for a very low price and the rest to uphold the inflated price tag.
For example, the account that is selling will ask for 10m while all of your other accounts are asking for 15m. The 10m price tag will seem VERY cheap and attract resellers and buyers.
7) Sell off the items one by one and you shall receive massive profit.
8) If no one is offering on your item, offer your item on other people's trade lots. Offer on items that have firm prices such as Hidden Tower items and Paint Brushes. Look specifically for trade lots that say "pure or overpay in ets." Optionally, you may send them a neomail to convince them of the amount of profit you are allowing them.
WARNING: Forcing inflation on an item is called price fixing and is illegal. However, it is one of the gray areas of TNT's rules and they hardly give a damn.
Items that have recently had inflation forced on them:
Relic Paint Brush - was as low as 5m but people have brought it up to the price of 20m this week.
Chokato (TCG) - was 3m last week and 5m now.
[COMPLETELY LEGAL - Investment Item]
Rainbow Paint Brush - This item inflated naturally due to the end of the Negg Festival which gave them out in dozens for free. It has inflated from 250k to a firm price of 300k in just about one week. The item will continue to inflate for a while because as with all Paint Brushes, it has high demand. Its supply has dwindled ever since the Negg Festival ended. Its price before Negg Festival was a firm 600k. Investing on this item is LEGAL as you won't have to force any inflation. It will rise naturally.
Edited by Prodigy, 18 April 2010 - 01:50 PM.