Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:17 PM

Step 1) BUY LOW
Step 2) ??????
Step 3) Sell high
Step 4) Profit

BUT WHAT IS STEP 2?! INFLATION

This is a guide on how to inflate the price of any item you want.

This process has helped me to earn millions of Neopoints as a reseller. This guide will only benefit traders.

HERE ARE THE STEPS!

1) Choose an item that CAN be inflated. You may private message me asking me about the 'inflatableness' of the item you've picked.
Codestones and bottled faeries are near impossible to force inflation for because they come in such large quantities.
Choose an item that has a relatively small stock in existence and has decent demand. Avatar items are ideal.

2) Buy a bulk of that item. You do not have to buy all of it though. If you do not have enough Neopoints yourself, you may bring a few friends into the plan.

3) Once you have accumulated enough of that item, put them in trading post on DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS, all asking for a high price.

4) People who newly acquire that item will see the new price tag and set their prices accordingly. People who are already selling the item for the original price tag will have their items sold quickly as their price will appear to be cheap among the inflated prices.

5) [Optional Step] Go to the JellyNeo item database and edit the price of the item you are inflating. Change it to whatever price you've inflated to. JellyNeo prices are widely regarded to be accurate although they aren't. When they see that there are enough people asking for that same price you are asking for, they will change their price to the inflated price.

6) Begin the process of selling off the inflated items. Use multiple accounts. One account to sell the item for a very low price and the rest to uphold the inflated price tag.
For example, the account that is selling will ask for 10m while all of your other accounts are asking for 15m. The 10m price tag will seem VERY cheap and attract resellers and buyers.

7) Sell off the items one by one and you shall receive massive profit.

8) If no one is offering on your item, offer your item on other people's trade lots. Offer on items that have firm prices such as Hidden Tower items and Paint Brushes. Look specifically for trade lots that say "pure or overpay in ets." Optionally, you may send them a neomail to convince them of the amount of profit you are allowing them.

WARNING: Forcing inflation on an item is called price fixing and is illegal. However, it is one of the gray areas of TNT's rules and they hardly give a damn.

Items that have recently had inflation forced on them:

Relic Paint Brush - was as low as 5m but people have brought it up to the price of 20m this week.

Chokato (TCG) - was 3m last week and 5m now.

[COMPLETELY LEGAL - Investment Item]

Rainbow Paint Brush - This item inflated naturally due to the end of the Negg Festival which gave them out in dozens for free. It has inflated from 250k to a firm price of 300k in just about one week. The item will continue to inflate for a while because as with all Paint Brushes, it has high demand. Its supply has dwindled ever since the Negg Festival ended. Its price before Negg Festival was a firm 600k. Investing on this item is LEGAL as you won't have to force any inflation. It will rise naturally.

Edited by Prodigy, 18 April 2010 - 01:50 PM.

#2 Xerous

Xerous
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:28 PM

Not badPosted Image

#3 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:37 PM

The title contradicts with the first step, I wanted to inflate the Rainbow Gun, but since it's not an item that can be inflated, I can't jack up the price of the item I wanted.

#4 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:48 PM

Oh, right. I wrote 'any'.

Well... nearly any item. lol

#5 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:18 PM

Nice guide.

I recommend items that are retired but valuable.

Anyone wanna jack up Usukicon bags with me?

#6 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

JellyNeo prices are widely regarded to be accurate although they aren't.

Is this really true? Because people do what you mentioned all the time and screw up their prices.

#7 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:39 PM

Is this really true? Because people do what you mentioned all the time and screw up their prices.

Jellyneo doesn't do much to maintain accurate prices like we do (Or at least try to), so they are a fairly unreliable source for prices.

Also, for the guide, the team catches you changing the price then ban you, and then change it back afterwards, so doing that is a terrible idea.

Edited by Elindoril, 18 April 2010 - 02:41 PM.

#8 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:41 PM

Yeah. You have no idea how many people trust JellyNeo prices. JellyNeo prices represent the minimal price of an item to most traders.

Jellyneo doesn't do much to maintain accurate prices like we do (Or at least try to), so they are a fairly unreliable source for prices.

The JellyNeo database is much like the wikipedia of Neopets items. It can be edited by anyone. Thus, it can easily be abused by people trying to force inflation.

#9 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:47 PM

The JellyNeo database is much like the wikipedia of Neopets items. It can be edited by anyone. Thus, it can easily be abused by people trying to force inflation.

Of course the problem being you need an Account first and there is the possibility of the price being seen as suspicious, reported, then changed back, along with the banning of your account.

#10 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:38 PM

Of course the problem being you need an Account first and there is the possibility of the price being seen as suspicious, reported, then changed back, along with the banning of your account.

Havent been banned yet :K

#11 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

Have you successfully inflated a price by yourself?

#12 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

interesting

#13 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:34 PM

Many and without people noticing as well. In fact, their inflated price tag has become their new price. I can't tell people what they were though because that would easily give away my identity.

Signing up for JellyNeo is very easy. If they ban you, you can just use a proxy and make another account. They almost never ban people. The warning is just there to scare people.

You guys might also want to look at the current price of Pirate PetPet Paint Brush. Compare it to its price on JellyNeo. Its current price on the trading post is 600k and more. According to JellyNeo, the item was 200k a month ago. Price fixing at its finest.

#14 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

The Golden Aisha.

Jacked up prices to 3mil cuz TP was not listed.

Moved it to 5mil on JN.

Sold it in one day.

:D

I think its around 700k now :\

#15 xToxic

xToxic
  • 349 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:00 AM

Think i may try this (:
Great guide thank you!

#16 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:26 AM

No problem.

#17 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:22 PM

Pretty good guide, but could be improved by talking about what kind of items you should buy. For example, one-use items, battle dome items, retired items, etc.

#18 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:35 PM

I'd update it a lot more but my zeal for Neopets died now that I've been banned and quit.

some good items you guys can do this on are avatar items, especially ones with limited stock. you can temporarily inflate bag of peanuts, chokato (tcg), etc.

#19 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:44 PM

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're responsible for inflating the Eo and Lu codestones.

you don't have to say anything now

confirm/deny in PM

#20 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:08 PM

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're responsible for inflating the Eo and Lu codestones.

you don't have to say anything now

confirm/deny in PM

No. Its clear you've read nothing I wrote.

I specifically stated that Codestones are near impossible to force inflation for. Also, I'm iced.

#21 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:16 AM

Codestones are pretty hard to force inflation for - it just kinda happens naturally on its own. Actually I'm not even sure how exactly the prices have risen so much per codestone; anyone care to explain? I mean, a month ago Eo's were ~8k a piece and now they're like 10k.

#22 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:50 AM

Items that have recently had inflation forced on them:

Relic Paint Brush - was as low as 5m but people have brought it up to the price of 20m this week.

Chokato (TCG) - was 3m last week and 5m now.

Yellow Oranu Bead - 2 weeks ago, it was 300k, now asking price on the post is 4+ mil

#23 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:28 AM

Codestones are pretty hard to force inflation for - it just kinda happens naturally on its own. Actually I'm not even sure how exactly the prices have risen so much per codestone; anyone care to explain? I mean, a month ago Eo's were ~8k a piece and now they're like 10k.

It was the send score 8x event.

#24 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:13 PM

It was the send score 8x event.

That actually inflated the price of tons of items. For examples, lab maps have shot up. About a 2 months ago, I sold a full set for 900k (and that was about right). Now it's 1.2 million.

#25 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:49 PM

That actually inflated the price of tons of items. For examples, lab maps have shot up. About a 2 months ago, I sold a full set for 900k (and that was about right). Now it's 1.2 million.

Yep. I would be about 20m richer if I didn't get frozen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users