79 replies to this topic

#26 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:43 PM

It was the send score 8x event.

Warning: Noob Question Alert!

Wait, sorry, I know I'll get pwned for this, but I gotta ask anyway. I don't quite understand the Neo-economy or any economy for that matter very well. How would Neopets allowing us to send scores 8x a day cause inflation for codestones? :unsure:

#27 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

Warning: Noob Question Alert!

Wait, sorry, I know I'll get pwned for this, but I gotta ask anyway. I don't quite understand the Neo-economy or any economy for that matter very well. How would Neopets allowing us to send scores 8x a day cause inflation for codestones? :unsure:

It increases the amount of pure NPs that are in circulation, allowing people to spend more freely.

#28 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:11 PM

It increases the amount of pure NPs that are in circulation, allowing people to spend more freely.

People having more NPs will thus lead to codestones being sold for more? Who begins this process of jacking up codestone prices then? :o Sorry, still a little confused... :(

#29 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:25 PM

People having more NPs will thus lead to codestones being sold for more? Who begins this process of jacking up codestone prices then? :o Sorry, still a little confused... :(

Lower priced ones begin to disappear. Nobody jacks up the price, but since people are able to freely spend their money, a higher quantity are being sold.

#30 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:26 PM

User shop snipers who else. It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

#31 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:07 AM

User shop snipers who else. It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

Its TNT! They're jacking up prices so that people have to resort to buying Neopoints with real money.. and TNT owns all of the real world item trader websites!

#32 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:08 PM

Its TNT! They're jacking up prices so that people have to resort to buying Neopoints with real money.. and TNT owns all of the real world item trader websites!

lol at this post. Anyways, scores sent 8x a day resulted in more pure neopoints in the hands of the neopians. The more money that people have, the more they will spend. More codestones were being bought then put back into shops for low prices, thus they became inflated in price.

Heres an example. Bob used to make 9k from games everyday, buying one codestone a day. Along comes april 2010 and 8 scores allowed per day, now Bob can make 24k from games every day. That is 2.66 times more NP then before. Now Bob can safely buy 2 or even 3 codestone to train his pet everyday while still having NP left over to save up.

Multiple Bob by the number of neopians that buy codestones, and you have a ton of codestones being baught with a smaller ammount being braught into the market( from Keyquest and RE)

As the lower priced codestones get baught out, the prices gradually increase, and that increase is outpacing the new codestones entering the market at low prices.

If this doesn't clarify it for you, I really don't know what will.

#33 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:25 PM

lol at this post. Anyways, scores sent 8x a day resulted in more pure neopoints in the hands of the neopians. The more money that people have, the more they will spend. More codestones were being bought then put back into shops for low prices, thus they became inflated in price.

Heres an example. Bob used to make 9k from games everyday, buying one codestone a day. Along comes april 2010 and 8 scores allowed per day, now Bob can make 24k from games every day. That is 2.66 times more NP then before. Now Bob can safely buy 2 or even 3 codestone to train his pet everyday while still having NP left over to save up.

Multiple Bob by the number of neopians that buy codestones, and you have a ton of codestones being baught with a smaller ammount being braught into the market( from Keyquest and RE)

As the lower priced codestones get baught out, the prices gradually increase, and that increase is outpacing the new codestones entering the market at low prices.

If this doesn't clarify it for you, I really don't know what will.

Are you explaining that to me?

#34 Nex2004

Nex2004
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:37 AM

No that was just a lol at your post i believe RKO was just giving a detailed description of what happens too anyone who would be interested ..... including me :)

#35 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:49 AM

No that was just a lol at your post i believe RKO was just giving a detailed description of what happens too anyone who would be interested ..... including me :)

exactly, it was not to one specific person, just everybody in general that wanted to know.

#36 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:08 AM

You would have to use proxys with the dif accounts you use to do this right?

#37 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:50 AM

You would have to use proxys with the dif accounts you use to do this right?

Well, you should... Don't want to tempt fate and worry about getting chain iced.

#38 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:18 AM

Does TNT freeze if you hoard/inflate on your own?
ie. you buy all of that one item.

#39 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:27 AM

Well, I haven't been iced for it yet; I've been working on inflating a couple items for about a month now... I'm sure there are a handful of factors that go into it; I'm sure demand of the item certainly factors into it, as well as the degree to which you inflate the item.

#40 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:51 AM

No. Only if you do it as a group.

#41 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:18 PM

It would be hard to buy out all of a cerain item, demand and number of items in circulation would affect this. But in theory, if you tracked down a retired book( for example) and bought it all out, you could raise the price to whatever you want. This would be possible, and I have tried this before. I bought 2000 copies of a retired book raising the price 300% but was never able to buy it all. I eventually got iced on the account.

Edited by RKO, 10 May 2010 - 01:19 PM.

#42 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:34 PM

It would be hard to buy out all of a cerain item, demand and number of items in circulation would affect this. But in theory, if you tracked down a retired book( for example) and bought it all out, you could raise the price to whatever you want. This would be possible, and I have tried this before. I bought 2000 copies of a retired book raising the price 300% but was never able to buy it all. I eventually got iced on the account.

Do you remember what you got iced for? As in, was it for ABing, SSing, or was it for forcing inflation (I'm not sure what the actual term they'd use for it is)

Edited by Puppetmaster, 10 May 2010 - 01:36 PM.

#43 StephenK

StephenK
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:31 PM

This is a user-shop auto buyer, completely legit despite it's sketchy look:
-link removed-
You can just type a name of an item you want to inflate in, set the price to 99,999 (that'll buy everything) and then press start. After a few minutes you'll have plenty of that item, and you should start using quick stock to add them to your SDB incase you get 50 items in your inv. (then the buyer will stop), and then you have a nice stack of the items. You should check the TP and buy out anything left, then continue jacking up the price. Also, if you're still worried about the auto buyer, just make a test acc, and run it on it with an item say, pile of dung, and then run. If you're still worried, just use it on sides. I can trust you that it's 100% legit.

I
Here's a retired book you might want to work on if you have the patience: Seasonal Faerie Tales. It's from Advent Calendar 2003. I'm sure you could jack up the price to at least 500k.

#44 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:57 PM

Here's a retired book you might want to work on if you have the patience: Seasonal Faerie Tales. It's from Advent Calendar 2003. I'm sure you could jack up the price to at least 500k.

Poor advice. Advent Calendar prizes, especially books, are notoriously HTS once they reach the UB range. So many people get the items, and so many people stock up, that it's a known money pit to try to inflate them in most cases.

#45 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:22 AM

hmm, if it's hard to get iced on, it's worth the shot
only, you might idd want to use proxies since you apparently need a good number of accounts to put the items on and sell them, right?

#46 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:21 PM

This is a user-shop auto buyer, completely legit despite it's sketchy look:
-link removed-
You can just type a name of an item you want to inflate in, set the price to 99,999 (that'll buy everything) and then press start. After a few minutes you'll have plenty of that item, and you should start using quick stock to add them to your SDB incase you get 50 items in your inv. (then the buyer will stop), and then you have a nice stack of the items. You should check the TP and buy out anything left, then continue jacking up the price. Also, if you're still worried about the auto buyer, just make a test acc, and run it on it with an item say, pile of dung, and then run. If you're still worried, just use it on sides. I can trust you that it's 100% legit.

I

Please refrain from posting off site links to programs in the future.

#47 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:58 PM

Well, I haven't been iced for it yet; I've been working on inflating a couple items for about a month now... I'm sure there are a handful of factors that go into it; I'm sure demand of the item certainly factors into it, as well as the degree to which you inflate the item.

Wouldn't it be obvious to TNT that you own the entire quantity of an item in circulation?Posted Image

#48 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:59 PM

Wouldn't it be obvious to TNT that you own the entire quantity of an item in circulation?Posted Image

For starters, I don't. I mean, for collectible items, you can try to buy out some of the market, but you'll have to be prepared for people to see the price hike and try to cash in on it. Because of this, I actually pulled back all of mine that were on the market and put them into my SDB. Because of my actions, the price spiked hard, and now, it's settling down a bit. I'm just going to sit back and wait for them to calm back down a bit, then I'll try to buy out a bit more.

#49 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

For starters, I don't. I mean, for collectible items, you can try to buy out some of the market, but you'll have to be prepared for people to see the price hike and try to cash in on it. Because of this, I actually pulled back all of mine that were on the market and put them into my SDB. Because of my actions, the price spiked hard, and now, it's settling down a bit. I'm just going to sit back and wait for them to calm back down a bit, then I'll try to buy out a bit more.

Nice. TNT doesn't regulate concentrations of items in SDBs when searching for people who hoard and inflate :o?

#50 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:09 PM

Nice. TNT doesn't regulate concentrations of items in SDBs when searching for people who hoard and inflate :o?

Hell if I know :p

Since I started, I've pulled all of my stuff off the market, and I've just been periodically checking the market. It's been settling down pretty quickly, mostly due to people flooding the market (since I put my price up, about twenty new ones were posted; everyone's looking for a quick buck). I'm just playing the waiting game. Worst case scenario, I've found some place to invest the money I make from RSing. Best case, I make some cash off it.

(yes, I know the real worst case is my account getting frozen. I'm not going to consider that a possibility)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users