• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#26 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:56 AM

Heh, less dominant or not, almost every event that involves a Gracie there's always a "holy crap this guy is a Gracie, he's lethal" comment from the commentators.

Speaking of which, does it always seem like Joe Rogan likes to exaggerate? Comments like "world class wrestler", "lethal ground game", etc.

It's the commentator's job to paint a vivid and exciting verbal picture. If he weren't doing the job, he wouldn't be allowed to continue doing the job.

#27 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:16 AM

It's the commentator's job to paint a vivid and exciting verbal picture. If he weren't doing the job, he wouldn't be allowed to continue doing the job.

Seems like he's paid to get high and comment on fights. Exciting nonetheless.

#28 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

Heh, less dominant or not, almost every event that involves a Gracie there's always a "holy crap this guy is a Gracie, he's lethal" comment from the commentators.

Speaking of which, does it always seem like Joe Rogan likes to exaggerate? Comments like "world class wrestler", "lethal ground game", etc.

Of course Joe Rogan exaggerates. Its part of his job; he needs to hype up the fight.

Remember how he said BJ Penn had "word-class wrestling defense" and then gets taken down by Frankie Edgar?

#29 Reddevil

Reddevil
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:56 AM

Roger Gracie will do fine ^^. I'll be training with him in summer at RGA, can't wait

#30 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:29 AM

All of the BJJ academies near me are taught by people taught by Renzo Gracie. He has trained a TON of blackbelts.

#31 Reddevil

Reddevil
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:18 PM

All of the BJJ academies near me are taught by people taught by Renzo Gracie. He has trained a TON of blackbelts.

where do you live then? in Socal or NYC?

#32 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:14 PM

Anyone watching the new season of Ultimate Fighter?

Had some really nice fights

#33 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:17 PM

Actually am. Liddel really surprised everyone with those first few fights. Even Dana White was like "Why the fuck did he pick those people? There's no way he could win with that lineup"

#34 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:45 PM

Actually am. Liddel really surprised everyone with those first few fights. Even Dana White was like "Why the fuck did he pick those people? There's no way he could win with that lineup"

I was a bit disappointed with Afro dude's fight. His season opener was so fking awesome, and last episode he looked really stiff in his stand up.

#35 Reddevil

Reddevil
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:54 AM

I was a bit disappointed with Afro dude's fight. His season opener was so fking awesome, and last episode he looked really stiff in his stand up.

well, actually? how can that guy look stiff? he just 1 punched the guy alsmost KTFO lol

stopped the takedown, superman punched him to the canvas and finished it,

he talks shit, but he backs it up, i like those people, a LOT

#36 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:25 PM

well, actually? how can that guy look stiff? he just 1 punched the guy alsmost KTFO lol

stopped the takedown, superman punched him to the canvas and finished it,

he talks shit, but he backs it up, i like those people, a LOT

He looked good towards the middle/end of the fight, just that his stance and actions seemed awkward at the beginning. I remember a few instances where he would put up his right arm to block towards the beginning of the fight that didn't seem to fit.

#37 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:32 PM

where do you live then? in Socal or NYC?

NYC. The Renzo Gracie gym is here.

#38 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:30 AM

Aldo vs Faber today! Some prelims free on Spike

Just started watching the fights from Bellator 15.

Jacob McClintock vs. Ryan Thomas was awesome GnP going on

Ryan Thomas was the one who got the controversial submission loss, and now he got a second chance in the tourney.

Btw did anyone see the Aleksander Emelianenko vs. Eddy Bengtsson fight? 

Edited by BuckFutter, 24 April 2010 - 09:39 AM.

#39 Reddevil

Reddevil
  • 282 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:08 AM

NYC. The Renzo Gracie gym is here.

ah

well, marcelo garcia's gym is within a 15 mile range from there and it's better as far as i heard. ( smaller classes, closer to him, and he actually TEACHES) while renzo almost never does

#40 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:11 PM

ah

well, marcelo garcia's gym is within a 15 mile range from there and it's better as far as i heard. ( smaller classes, closer to him, and he actually TEACHES) while renzo almost never does

Really? I think GSP trained with Renzo for a while before his BJ Penn fight though.

#41 Reddevil

Reddevil
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:21 AM

Really? I think GSP trained with Renzo for a while before his BJ Penn fight though.

gsp trains with john danaher, who teaches privates at renzo's academy

#42 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:30 PM

Man WEC48 had some nice fights.

The main event was really one sided though.

#43 Reddevil

Reddevil
  • 282 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:04 AM

Man WEC48 had some nice fights.

The main event was really one sided though.

it was epic, when i saw the first 2 fights end within 2 minutes, i I thought this would be the quickest main event ever.

jose aldo took his time though lol

#44 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

gsp trains with john danaher, who teaches privates at renzo's academy

By "academy", do they mean his MMA gym? I heard the gym just contains a bunch of people sparring with each other.

#45 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:29 PM

it was epic, when i saw the first 2 fights end within 2 minutes, i I thought this would be the quickest main event ever.

jose aldo took his time though lol

Dude yeah the short fights were all pretty good. I think my favorite fight was with the Korean Zombie though, those guys were just swinging full power and maybe 0 aim. Fun when you see one of them land.

Aldo probably just wanted to play safe and not risk making a mistake. If he had wanted to, I'm sure he could've finished jelly-legs one way or another.

#46 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:54 PM

Is Jose Aldo like a featherweight Anderson Silva? I haven't watched much of his fights but they seem to fight similarly. They both have jiu jitsu blackbelts but prefer not to go to the ground, relying on their striking instead. They both have crazy flying knees. They're both in the same team, Blackhouse, so I'd assume they train together.

I heard that Silva and Machida aren't fighting each other because they're both Blackhouse members... but then why did Silva fight Thales Leites? Did he join Blackhouse AFTER they fought or something?

#47 Reddevil

Reddevil
  • 282 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:22 AM

Is Jose Aldo like a featherweight Anderson Silva? I haven't watched much of his fights but they seem to fight similarly. They both have jiu jitsu blackbelts but prefer not to go to the ground, relying on their striking instead. They both have crazy flying knees. They're both in the same team, Blackhouse, so I'd assume they train together.

I heard that Silva and Machida aren't fighting each other because they're both Blackhouse members... but then why did Silva fight Thales Leites? Did he join Blackhouse AFTER they fought or something?

how the hell do you come up that Thales Leites trained in Black house? he's with Nova U. so is jose aldo

aldo does trains at black house, since he doesn't have any contenders in that team.

blackhouse isn't a gym, it's a team by the way. owned by Ed Soares

black house and Nova U. both come from the old Chute Boxe

#48 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:33 AM

According to the Blackhouse's homepage, they're all in the same team.

http://www.blackhousemma.com/fighters

When did I ever say it was a gym? I said it was a team.

#49 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:17 PM

According to the Blackhouse's homepage, they're all in the same team.

http://www.blackhousemma.com/fighters

When did I ever say it was a gym? I said it was a team.

Hmm, on his blackhouse page it lists Nova U as the association: http://www.blackhous...s/thales-leites

#50 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

Hmm, on his blackhouse page it lists Nova U as the association: http://www.blackhous...s/thales-leites

I don't see why he can't be in both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users