• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#101 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

How to not look as stupid as you do: hack a website designed and marketed for 14 year olds

XD

Who's hacking who now?

#102 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:28 PM

How to not look as stupid as you do: hack a website designed and marketed for 14 year olds

XD

Okay. You just broke almost all of the rules posted in this thread. Probably because you didn't read before you even posted. But even more than that. Neopets was designed for College kids, and a know at least 50 college kids on this site. Whereas I know much less kids that are 14.

Furthermore more. We do no form of hacking whatsoever at all. We simple make programs that play the game for you. This is known as "botting". Whereas hacking involves gaining access to area's in which you are not allowed.

So, you just made yourself look as stupid as possible, in a topic about not looking stupid. I applaud you.

#103 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:02 PM

I thought it was clear in my last post that I broke the rules because I obviously do not give a fuck. I hope I get banned for this post. So feel free to hack me, because my account is probably getting banned anyways.

I don't know what to say to a post like this.

Other than: Lolwut.

#104 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:25 AM

XD

I do believe you have broken rule #1, 3 and 5 in one fell swoop.

Let me fix that for you.

How not to look as stupid as you do: Saying retarded shit to make you look better on a site that makes programs for a kids site.

*sigh*
You posting that in this thread is just.. soso ironic I can't even contain myself.

#105 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:26 AM

Not to mention as a forum we're very against hacking/hashing/FLP or any form of stealing from other users.

And if you knew this forum at all you'd realize that most of us are 16+ years old, with the majority being 16-21.

#106 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:31 AM

"Hack" is a very general term. Anyways, it still applies to the same concept. That concept being that you cheat to gain advantage over other players. You can explain the difference between botting and hacking all you want, its still cheating, you still get frozen for it.
Basically this thread is just stupid. Who cares if someone posts without reading the entire thread? So what if you accidentally make a topic in the wrong section? Why wouldn't you get mad if everyone ignores you for no reason, and acts completely stuck up because they have more POSTS than you? Come on.

Your complete and utter failure to understand the difference between Hacking and Botting astounds me, and even makes me angry, because you are part of a very very large problem in the technology industry. As a computer Security Major, and a current Computer Security Consultant, as well as a programmer, I tell you what we are doing is not hacking, and you are honestly going to try and argue with me? We have already established that you know very little about computers from your linux topic, so you should just accept whenever someone tells you that these concepts are completely different, then you should accept that they are completely different.

You create a large state of issues for anyone within the technology industry. Because Game makers would love to have "botting" declared as hacking. This means that they can actually sue and make millions from the bot makers, as well as prevent them from producing the bot in the future, thus eliminating any work on them to introduce anti-bot methods. While everyone else in the industry does not want this to happen, as it creates an completely unfair level of control for corporations and allows them to expand from botting, to even just modifying their software for your own personal uses. Take a look at the people who made MMOGlider. Blizzard tries to sue them for hacking, because they made a bot. They had to go all of the way to the ninth circuit for a judge to finally realize that they did not bypass anything, and they did not break into anywhere. They where always where they had permission to go. And so they finally overturned lawsuit that would have cost them a million dollars in damages to blizzard. A million dollars, for just making a program that lets people level up easier/farm gold easier. Blizzard actually -made- money from the glider software, and then tried to sue to make more money.

And its because people like you that they almost one.

So please, stop making enemies here, and just move on from this topic.

#107 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

WTF? You continue to fail to grasp the concept behind what I am saying. First of all, the word hacking can also be used in a broader sense, and if you have a problem with the definition I provided take it up with Jargon File Resources, not me. Just because a select group of people gave it a more specific meaning doesn't take away the general definition as well.

Second of all, all of that shit is irrelevant anyways. The point I am TRYING to make is that botting is still cheating. LIke I said, you can still get banned from it. It's cheating. That's all I'm saying. The difference between botting and hacking doesn't matter to me. I should have just said the word "cheating" instead of hacking so I didn't have to get attacked about all these damn technical details that have nothing to do with what I'm talking about anyways.

I understand reading the thread, and the posts so you know whats going on, it's just that people take it so seriously. And some people don't read certain threads like newbies threads for example, because who wants to read everyone just saying the same thing? "Welcome to neocodex blah blah blah", and there is a link to a forum where someone didn't read it and notice it was an old topic and everyone was having a conniption. The way the guide was written didn't seem to imply any sort of respect anyways.

You still to fail to understand even basic concepts and have derailed this topic anymore.

Any future posts from anyone else off topic, will be hidden.

#108 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:12 AM

Well glad to know you're not going to last very long on this forum

#109 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:13 AM

You still to fail to understand even basic concepts and have derailed this topic anymore.

Any future posts from anyone else off topic, will be hidden.

You are mean and no fun. I was so replying and I'm glad I didn't yet or else my super superior intellectual ravings would be wasted in pink space :angry: Party pooper.

To be slightly on topic. Thank you, Punk, for the very entertaining read. We could have really used it back when advanced first started off.

#110 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:14 AM

You are mean and no fun. I was so replying and I'm glad I didn't yet or else my super superior intellectual ravings would be wasted in pink space :angry: Party pooper.

To be slightly on topic. Thank you, Punk, for the very entertaining read. We could have really used it back when advanced first started off.

Create a topic and post it all there? XD

#111 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:16 AM

Create a topic and post it all there? XD

That just makes me look desperate :( I'm not some kind of debate whore.. Nooooooo... I don't have a problem at all. :unsure:

#112 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

That just makes me look desperate :( I'm not some kind of debate whore.. Nooooooo... I don't have a problem at all. :unsure:

http://www.neocodex....cking-cheating/

#113 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:43 PM

Basically this thread is just stupid. Who cares if someone posts without reading the entire thread? So what if you accidentally make a topic in the wrong section? Why wouldn't you get mad if everyone ignores you for no reason, and acts completely stuck up because they have more POSTS than you? Come on.

I felt the need to address these issues you have.

First of all... there is no doubt this thread is stupid. It is totally stupid. Now that half the images and animated gifs don't even work, it is beyond stupid.

Secondly, these aren't official RULES OF THE FORUM. This is a user friendly guide on how to avoid making the same obnoxious mistakes past members have made. There are guides on how to use the Score Sender or how to Achieve All Star in the Altador cup. You don't HAVE to follow them.

Thirdly, I will have you know that when I made this guide, I hadn't been here 9 months yet, and quite possibly had less than 500 posts. So to be clear- I wasn't being stuck up because I had more posts than anyone. I was being stuck up because I am an asshole.

Thanks for your time, Chelsea. See you around. I'll be watching you.
Posted Image

#114 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:56 PM

Haha. xD

#115 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

Just thought this could use a bump into the active topics list.

#116 GarenaMaster

GarenaMaster
  • 346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

thanks im stupid so i needed it xD

waaaaaaazup

#117 Oxygen

Oxygen
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:50 PM

Really surprised that
Typing Titles With Unnecessary Capitalization
isn't on there.

Edited by Oxygen, 24 July 2011 - 12:51 PM.

#118 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

Really surprised that

Typing Titles With Unnecessary Capitalization
isn't on there.

According to grammatical convention, titles should be capitalised, excluding short conjunctions.

#119 Oxygen

Oxygen
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:43 PM

According to grammatical convention, titles should be capitalised, excluding short conjunctions.

I agree. In MLA/APA/Chicago realms you should totally follow that format. But this is the interwebs my friend, and in terms of readability/ease on the eyes, I prefer my suggestion :p

edited: formatting

Edited by Oxygen, 24 July 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#120 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

I agree. In MLA/APA/Chicago realms you should totally follow that format. But this is the interwebs my friend, and in terms of readability/ease on the eyes, I prefer my suggestion :p

Luckily, your personal preference is meaningless.
If you'd like to passively-aggressively criticise a thread maker, you better have a reason more solid than vapid opinion.

#121 Oxygen

Oxygen
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:22 AM

Luckily, your personal preference is meaningless.
If you'd like to passively-aggressively criticise a thread maker, you better have a reason more solid than vapid opinion.

"I better. . ." "your personal preference is meaningless"

I think you're assuming that I care what you think, Mr. Internet Badass. I don't care who you are, nor who you think you are.
I propose to you the following: Relax, realize that you're talking to someone on a message board.

#122 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:28 AM

I think you're assuming that I care what you think, Mr. Internet Badass. I don't care who you are, nor who you think you are.
I propose to you the following: Relax, realize that you're talking to someone on a message board.

Yet another new member we'll all look forward to getting to know due to their cheery demeanour no doubt.

#123 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

I'm not sure why you quoted me twice... another "personal preference", I assume.

It's also rather odd that you assume I'm not relaxed. Like you say, it's just a message board.
That's no reason to let your snide comment go unchallenged, however.

#124 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:45 AM

Lol when will people learn?

This is people on internets vs. Sweeney:

Posted Image

#125 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd