Photo

Boxing Vs MMA

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#101 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:20 AM

Oh, and by the way, finally found a counter to this argument by reading the rules.

http://www.ufc.com/i...=LearnUFC.Rules

The nose counts as an orifice, so sticking your fingers in the nose would be an illegal maneuver.

Damn.

Now, I sort of miss the days of UFC 4.

#102 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:04 PM

Damn.

Now, I sort of miss the days of UFC 4.

I sort of want to watch the fight where one guy just goes for back to back to back nut punches.

#103 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

I sort of want to watch the fight where one guy just goes for back to back to back nut punches.

That was UFC 4, Keith Hackney vs Joe Son.

#104 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:04 PM

That was UFC 4, Keith Hackney vs Joe Son.

Lol, funny how Joe Son was the one receiving nut punches:

http://www.nypost.co...YTpY43RMTlhjqRM

#105 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:15 PM

MMA guys would destroy boxers. Floyd Mayweather vs. Chuck Liddell would be no contest. Liddell would win 10/10 times. Boxers can punch, MMA fighters have everything at their disposal and they train everything( mostly everything )

#106 s00perdr4g00n

s00perdr4g00n
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:37 PM

MMA guys would destroy boxers. Floyd Mayweather vs. Chuck Liddell would be no contest. Liddell would win 10/10 times. Boxers can punch, MMA fighters have everything at their disposal and they train everything( mostly everything )

Now thats just being biased. That would be also be a very stupid match up. Mayweather is no where near chucks weight. A better match up would be someone near the weight class of a MMA fighter. You guys hear James Tony is going to fight Coutre? Thats more in the same weight class, and you cant tell me James Tony doesn't stand a chance, hes one of the best boxers currently. Boxers ALWAYS have a punchers chance, so you shouldn't say they would get destroyed 100 percent of the time, on the other hand, MMA fighters do train multiple styles, so of course they have the advantage, not to say they can't lose. Tim Sylvia (hes washed up, bad example i know) got knocked out by a pro boxer, Ray Mercer. I'm not saying boxers will always win, don't get me wrong, for the most part MMA fighters stand a better chance, but people have to remember its a fight, its unpredictable.
By the way, Shogun FTW Knocked Machida out! So happy to watch that, after they cheated him in the first match.

#107 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:50 PM

Lol, funny how Joe Son was the one receiving nut punches:

http://www.nypost.co...YTpY43RMTlhjqRM

Wait... his nuts still work?

#108 s00perdr4g00n

s00perdr4g00n
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:47 PM

I'm not too sure his nuts work after that fight. LOL

#109 lueykang

lueykang
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:55 PM

lol. true boxers always have a chance. if u could run a simulation of mike tyson in his prime vs a mma fighter he has a chance might not be a great one but he connects with a good hook its over. end of fight. i think boxers have a chance but of course upper hand is always the mma fighter. they train different styles. but boxers have better angles and only train punching and footwork where as mma trains for everything. i think the mma guy would win but boxers have a chance. and yea u cant put chuck against pretty boi flyod. maybe against uriah fabre. thats mroe fair.

#110 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:02 PM

Everyone has a puncher's chance. Its just about hitting the right spot at the right time. Its not just "true boxers" or even boxers. Boxers just have a higher puncher's chance.

#111 s00perdr4g00n

s00perdr4g00n
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:10 PM

Everyone has a puncher's chance. Its just about hitting the right spot at the right time. Its not just "true boxers" or even boxers. Boxers just have a higher puncher's chance.

Very true, but they have a lot higher of a punchers chance. Did you know heavyweight boxers hooks are strong enough to snap the average humans neck?

#112 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:01 PM

Very true, but they have a lot higher of a punchers chance. Did you know heavyweight boxers hooks are strong enough to snap the average humans neck?

I just said that.

Bas Rutten could probably kill someone with a single liver shot.

#113 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

I just said that.

Bas Rutten could probably kill someone with a single liver shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3K-mrlYG7Y&feature=player_embedded

#114 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

Bas Rutten needs to comment on more MMA eventsĀ 

#115 s00perdr4g00n

s00perdr4g00n
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:26 PM

Bas Rutten needs to comment on more MMA events

If you haven't seen any PRIDE fights, Bas often was a commentator for that.

Live: "I just said that." - Cool! Do you want a cookie? ROFL I didn't ask for you to get smart.

Edited by s00perdr4g00n, 12 May 2010 - 01:28 PM.

#116 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:59 PM

Live: "I just said that." - Cool! Do you want a cookie? ROFL I didn't ask for you to get smart.

I've seen all the PRIDE fights, hence I want more ;)

#117 s00perdr4g00n

s00perdr4g00n
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

I've seen all the PRIDE fights, hence I want more ;)

I feel the same. Bas is kind of hero status to me. LOL

#118 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:37 PM

You might want to read up on this thread so you don't continue to seem like the idiot that you are. http://www.neocodex....upid-as-you-do/

Read other people's replies before you post, moron.

#119 StefanKai

StefanKai
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:37 PM

I mean, boxing is pretty bad ass when its two big name stars but MMA is pretty much always exciting even if its two no names.

#120 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:36 PM

You might want to read up on this thread so you don't continue to seem like the idiot that you are. http://www.neocodex....upid-as-you-do/

Read other people's replies before you post, moron.

Just a word of advice. The guy whom I quoted and iargue are probably the last two people on this forum you should look to for advice on how not to seem like an idiot.

#121 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:00 AM

Boxing is kind of boring after a while so MMA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users