[Guide] How to Get Someone Banned

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#101 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:25 PM

But that wasn't the issue you were replying to... o.o

I was replying to the fact that the possibility of TNT overlooking the ordeal and allowing the "douchebag" to keep the items, doesn't make the gamble FAIR.

It would only be fair if the person was aware that they were taking such a gamble.

Also, even if it did not happen through the auctions or buying items from a shop where the targetted person would have no control, the same idea would apply. If you send someone an expensive item/give them free neopoints under the impression that they are gifts, they are not aware that they are gambling their account in accepting them.

Edited by Kendasala, 07 May 2010 - 01:29 PM.

#102 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:27 PM

I was replying to the fact that the possibility of TNT overlooking the ordeal and allowing the "douchebag" to keep the items, doesn't make the gamble FAIR.

It would only be fair if the person was aware that they were taking such a gamble.

That, I completely agree with.
I think doing anything suggested in this thread is reprehensible and disgusting.

#103 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:39 PM

That, I completely agree with.
I think doing anything suggested in this thread is reprehensible and disgusting.

Glad to be on the same page :p

#104 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:05 PM

ouch, that's just one dirty method
it does require some planning and time though, you must hate someone reaaaally bad to go & waste an account on it too :S

oh-my-gosh :o that really worked??

Yeah, I did impossible settings in magic on a weekend( when TNT isn't banning accounts) I got a pretty rare MP and sent it to the account. TNT obviously saw that as transferring and iced both accounts. I had a great laugh about the whole thing.

#105 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, I did impossible settings in magic on a weekend( when TNT isn't banning accounts) I got a pretty rare MP and sent it to the account. TNT obviously saw that as transferring and iced both accounts. I had a great laugh about the whole thing.

Haha. Nice. What did the guy do to provoke you to do so?

#106 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:49 PM

Haha. Nice.

I'm pretty sure you mispelled "nasty".

#107 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

I wouldn't be too sure... I mean, I lol'd ;)

#108 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:56 PM

If the world can be better without certain people, then Neopets can just as well be better without certain players. There are people on Neopets who befriend people just so they can scam them.

#109 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:01 PM

If the world can be better without certain people, then Neopets can just as well be better without certain players. There are people on Neopets who befriend people just so they can scam them.

Oh, I see. You're a self-appointed, Neopets White Knight, guardian of the good and punisher of the evil?

And you say I have an inflated ego.

#110 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:10 PM

There are douchebags everywhere. I don't really see anything wrong with evening the odds, assuming we're dealing with actual dicks.

Oh, I see. You're a self-appointed, Neopets White Knight, guardian of the good and punisher of the evil?

Have you ever seen Boondock Saints? Imagine this with a lot less blood and gratuitous use of the "F word".

#111 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:16 AM

Why, because I think a certain way? You're an idiot. Anyone who disagrees with you has an "inflated ego."

#112 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:24 AM

You're serious when you say you will argue with prodigy every time huh.

#113 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:24 AM

Why, because I think a certain way? You're an idiot. Anyone who disagrees with you has an "inflated ego."

If you see yourself as a brave defender of the public on the neopets website, then you have an inflated ego.
If you don't see yourself that way, then your "some people deserve it" excuse is a crock designed to justify you acting like a cunt.

Either way, you use the idea that all opinions are equal as an ex recto defense far too often.

#114 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:58 AM

If you see yourself as a brave defender of the public on the neopets website, then you have an inflated ego.
If you don't see yourself that way, then your "some people deserve it" excuse is a crock designed to justify you acting like a cunt.

Either way, you use the idea that all opinions are equal as an ex recto defense far too often.

Before this devolves any further into a flame war, let's sit back and try *not* to get this thread locked; from past experience, a big reason people read locked threads like this is to find out *why* they got locked ;)

*sorry to backseat mod, but someone needed to say something*

We've already established that this isn't the most moral thing to do. We've also established that this isn't something that's supposed to be done freely; this is one of those back-against-the-wall or the guy is blatantly taking advantage of others while still technically within the rules established by TNT.

#115 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:02 AM

Before this devolves any further into a flame war, let's sit back and try *not* to get this thread locked; from past experience, a big reason people read locked threads like this is to find out *why* they got locked ;)

*sorry to backseat mod, but someone needed to say something*

We've already established that this isn't the most moral thing to do. We've also established that this isn't something that's supposed to be done freely; this is one of those back-against-the-wall or the guy is blatantly taking advantage of others while still technically within the rules established by TNT.

This thread should have been locked long ago. It's disgusting that Noit posted here and didn't do so.

#116 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:15 PM

This thread should have been locked long ago. It's disgusting that Noit posted here and didn't do so.

Are you trying to say that hes not doing a good job as a moderator?

Who are you to judge? and you say I have an inflated ego.

#117 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:44 PM

Are you trying to say that hes not doing a good job as a moderator?

Who are you to judge? and you say I have an inflated ego.

Noit has never done a good job as a moderator. He's a dismal judge of character, and useless at interpreting and enforcing rules. That's an undeniable fact with a vast precedent available in logs for anyone to check.

Who am I to judge? Aside from the fact that I'm a qualified teacher with experience dealing with impertinent children, I've been a moderator here twice; a position I resigned from once and secondly, was removed from at the time that the staff was slimmed down to admin-only.
Qualification enough, as far as I'm concerned.

#118 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:08 PM

Noit has never done a good job as a moderator. He's a dismal judge of character, and useless at interpreting and enforcing rules. That's an undeniable fact with a vast precedent available in logs for anyone to check.

Who am I to judge? Aside from the fact that I'm a qualified techer with experience dealing with impertinent children, I've been a moderator here twice; a position I resigned from once and secondly, was removed from at the time that the staff was slimmed down to admin-only.
Qualification enough, as far as I'm concerned.

Techer?

Calm down, people. You know something's wrong when I'm trying to be the voice of reason... ;) Really, right off the bat, it was said that it's a controversial topic.

#119 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:33 PM

Techer?

Calm down, people. You know something's wrong when I'm trying to be the voice of reason... ;) Really, right off the bat, it was said that it's a controversial topic.

I'm perfectly calm :p
(Fixed the typo)

#120 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:23 PM

Techer?

Well, I always thought our public education system sucked but this just proves it. Sweeney is a teacher.

Hes probably one of those teachers who fail you for disagreeing with him.

#121 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:29 PM

Hes probably one of those teachers who fail you for disagreeing with him.

Yeah, probably because the kid is stupid and disagreed with the right answer, thus getting everything wrong and the teacher fails him for it.

#122 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:31 PM

Yeah, probably because the kid is stupid and disagreed with the right answer, thus getting everything wrong and the teacher fails him for it.

Or it could be something like this:

[not working consistently. image replaced below]

Edited by Puppetmaster, 08 May 2010 - 05:13 PM.

#123 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:39 PM

Yeah, those kids better fucking agree with Sweeney's "right" opinion!

#124 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

Hmm... that didn't seem to work. How about this?

Posted Image
Edit: Just remember, I'm not computer savvy... at all.

Edited by Puppetmaster, 08 May 2010 - 05:26 PM.

#125 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:57 AM

Yeah, those kids better fucking agree with Sweeney's "right" opinion!

If they can back up their opinion with a reasoned argument, then fine. If they say two add two is seven, then not fine.
That much, I would think, is obvious.

I believe I mentioned something in another thread, though, about being more interested in attempting to score cheap hits than making comprehensive replies to my posts?
Case, undeniably, closed.

(Oh, and luckily for you, I'm not a part of your public school system)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users