Photo

Children's music

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:33 AM

Don't you think this industry is like the easiest way to make a lot of money?
You need no skills, do it piss drunk, and just some way of dealing with the mockery and shame.
Posted Image

#2 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:31 AM

Haha, well some people have no shame in what they do to get a baby or toddler to laugh. I know I've done some retarded looking things to get my little girl to laugh for the camera. (Including jumping around flailing my arounds around wildly and making nonsense noises). It just depends on how badly you want the smile and how hard it is to get that smile. My daughter loves the Wiggles though, so.. I guess it's alright then ^-^

#3 Shadowfool

Shadowfool
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:34 AM

nah, cuz if you slip up and accidentally revert to your adult self, your show is done forever.

#4 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:10 PM

This "format" can be done well, and it can be done poorly. The market is glutted already, so it would be difficult to break in.

And yes, if you have a "childish" character, breaking into an adult character would ruin the illusion.

Meanwhile if you just make childish music as an adult character, and you can keep cranking it out like Raffi, you might be set (and in fairness a couple references in this song might go over children's heads, plus the music is decent)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5C6X9vOEkU&feature=related"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5C6X9vOEkU&feature=related[/url]

EDIT: Changed the video link to actually include a video

Edited by jcrboy, 24 April 2010 - 01:06 PM.

#5 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:52 PM

I really think today's children's music and programming is all inane, uncreative bullshit that makes our kids retarded.
Back in my day, the children's shit had things parents could enjoy WITH their children. Now it's just little Mexican orphans running around with monkeys and asking questions, LONG PAUSE, celebrate!! - which has no appeal to an adult with half a brain.

How I long for the days of Pee Wee Herman. He was sarcastic, selfish, and full of himself. Sometimes he was mean to his friends. And sometimes he put underwear on his head. Just like a real kid.

And I also miss Sesame Street before it became the Elmo show.

/rant

#6 Reddevil

Reddevil
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:22 AM

omfg sesame street.. memories lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users