• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

They're really piling these on quickly aren't they? Here is another max score game that should be trophy achievable to the fast on the first:

Game Play:
Pressing space will launch your character from the platform.
Pressing left and right will control your drop, allowing you to collect tokens to spend on power-ups.
Pressing space while in the air will deploy your parachute.

If you drop in the mud, you will lose a life.
If you deploy your parachute too late, you will crash into the ground and lose a life.
If you finish in 4th or 5th place, you will be disqualified from the race and lose a life.

Levels:
There are 4 levels broken into 5 rounds each. Each level gets progressively higher.
Between levels you are given the chance to upgrade your equipment.

Tokens:
You are granted tokens for each one you collect in mid-air and a bonus for where you place in each round.

Upgrades:
Both upgrades have 3 levels that cost 500 tokens each.

Speed upgrade: Makes you drop faster. Gives you an advantage in the actual race
Parachute upgrade: Deploys your parachute faster. Gives you an advantage in the landing (can deploy later).

Scoring:
Finishing in 1st place in a round: 2,000 points
Finishing in 2nd place in a round: 1,000 points
Finishing in 3rd place in a round: 500 points (not yet verified... it's hard to finish in 3rd)
False start (starting before go): -200 points

Final summary:
2,000 points per round x 20 rounds = 40,000 max score.

The top 18 spots are already filled with 40,000 scores so I will let you know if they award me a trophy tonight (not the top 18, but max score) ;)

#2 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:55 PM

Aww... I wish I had known about that false start thing... I missed the perfect score by 200 points :crybaby:

Fun game. Gets a little stale after a while, though. Mediocre prizes: A background and a book.

#3 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

Aww... I wish I had known about that false start thing... I missed the perfect score by 200 points :crybaby:

Fun game. Gets a little stale after a while, though. Mediocre prizes: A background and a book.

The background isn't terrible, but I imagine there will be quite a few in rotation depending on how long this NGC lasts.

EDIT: Also you still have time to make 40,000. Join me in waiting to see if we get a trophy :3

Edited by jcrboy, 29 April 2010 - 02:58 PM.

#4 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

The background isn't terrible, but I imagine there will be quite a few in rotation depending on how long this NGC lasts.

EDIT: Also you still have time to make 40,000. Join me in waiting to see if we get a trophy :3

Well, if they were concerned about the value of these items, they wouldn't extend the NGC past a week (arbitrary brief time period ) after the release. I can't imagine that this is the case.

Edited by Puppetmaster, 29 April 2010 - 03:00 PM.

#5 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:03 PM

Well, if they were concerned about the value of these items, they wouldn't extend the NGC past a week (arbitrary brief time period ) after the release. I can't imagine that this is the case.

The length is literally arbitrary. When another new game comes out, the old one is moot. So it could last 3 days, and it could last a month.

Such is the way it has always been.

#6 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:05 PM

The length is literally arbitrary. When another new game comes out, the old one is moot. So it could last 3 days, and it could last a month.

Such is the way it has always been.

Unfortunately, it's more of a "Newest" game deal. Not like it's a big deal, but I always get excited when I win one of the prizes just to find out that they're worthless ;)

#7 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

Unfortunately, it's more of a "Newest" game deal. Not like it's a big deal, but I always get excited when I win one of the prizes just to find out that they're worthless ;)

You never know what will be valuable and what will be worthless. If you look at some of the early prizes, some are crap, and some are through the roof.

The time limit really does a good job of limiting availability.

#8 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:20 PM

You never know what will be valuable and what will be worthless. If you look at some of the early prizes, some are crap, and some are through the roof.

The time limit really does a good job of limiting availability.

Well, regardless, I always try my best to get there and pick them up. If they're worthless, then I've only wasted a few minutes. If they're actually worth something... well, then I'm quite excited. Besides, it's not like these ones are completely useless :thumbsup:

Edited by Puppetmaster, 29 April 2010 - 03:22 PM.

#9 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

I just made 40,000, hopes for the trophy*

#10 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:56 PM

I just made 40,000, hopes for the trophy*

I'm done trying for now; My connection or computer keeps on lagging and I false start. Not worth my time; this has happened 4 times in a row.

However, I do get great pleasure in shamelessly ramming the other competitors. I just get upset when the countdown goes from a 1-second timer to a 2-3-second timer. It really screws with me ;)

#11 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:57 PM

I moved from the bottom of the top 100, to the top, then completely off the list.

I'm assuming that this will be a mass trophy-ing

#12 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

I moved from the bottom of the top 100, to the top, then completely off the list.

I'm assuming that this will be a mass trophy-ing

yeah, im hoping for a trophy hear so bad. And by the looks of what happaned to you with all the moving around and finally off the list, it should be a trophy for all players that hit 40k score. yay!

#13 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:41 PM

Got my gold trophy... omnomnom trophy

#14 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:49 AM

yeah, I got my trophy too. It looks nice as hell:devil:

#15 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:47 AM

yup yup I got the gold too :D

#16 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:28 AM

Easy gold trophy :thumbsup:

#17 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:39 PM

This game had to be by far the easiest New Game Challenge. I easily made the 40k point mark, but sadly did not get a trophy :(

#18 Larry008

Larry008
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:59 PM

do you still get the trophy is the high score board is full??

#19 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

Dude. This post is months old. :(

#20 fruityone

fruityone
  • 346 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:50 AM

do you still get the trophy is the high score board is full??

Yes, if you score 40k you automatically get the gold trophy, and it doesn't review so it's safe to SS. This is also true of 7 other games

http://www.neopets.c...es#Exceptional8

BTW, you're probably going to get flamed for gravedigging :(

Edited by fruityone, 03 December 2010 - 03:51 AM.

#21 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:08 AM

lol love the report message on the guy above:

Necro like a mo-fo

Edited by Noitidart, 03 December 2010 - 09:09 AM.

#22 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:19 AM

lol love the report message on the guy above:

At least it's within the same year, it's not as bad as the 2006 necro :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users