Genetically Modified Food.

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:49 PM

What are your takes on genetically modified food? Discuss.

I personally think it will be fairly helpful in that people could possibly be vaccinated against a disease/develop immunity just by eating some common food.

#2 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

I wish this was in the Chit-Chat section so you didnt get post counts.
Only because it seems that you're just making new threads for post counts.

Genetically modified food seems like a need these days.
Like the arctic fish gene that keeps tomatoes frozen

Edited by Junsu, 05 May 2010 - 05:33 PM.

#3 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

Might be a bad idea because it might cause side effects than we will be doomed.

#4 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:45 PM

Fact: if everything were organic, there wouldn't be enough food to feed the world.

/thread

#5 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:50 PM

Fact: if everything were organic, there wouldn't be enough food to feed the world.

/thread

At that time, we can eat humans so that the population will lower. :thumbsup:

#6 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

Go watch the documentary Food Inc and then come back to discuss.

Modified corn and soybeans arn't good for us.
Corn fed beef is unnatural and not good for us - its one of the big reasons beef has been tainted with E. Coli!

#7 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:00 PM

Corn fed beef is unnatural and not good for us - its one of the big reasons beef has been tainted with E. Coli!

Exactly! Viruses are worse than bacteria. They can kill computers!!!

#8 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:59 PM

Might be a bad idea because it might cause side effects than we will be doomed.

Go learn about Modified food first. Posted Image

And they also add female and/or male growth hormones into meat :\

FUNFACT!
Birth Control pills contain hormones which girls take.
These hormones are then later expelled from the body into the toilet.
These go to the wastewater treatment plant.
This plant does not treat hormones.
Tap water contains quite a bit of female hormones.

Have fun guys ^___^

#9 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

They add hormones to tap water.... <_<

#10 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:46 PM

They add hormones to tap water.... <_<

I dont think you're getting it.

Girls get hormones from Birth Control Pills which are not treated at the treatment plants, so tap water has these hormones

#11 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:19 PM

I do enjoy reading threads like this.

#12 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:23 PM

How did it go from genetically engineered crops to birth control? Maybe this is the reason we are running out of Agricultural foods...Stop giving birth control!

#13 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:08 AM

How did it go from genetically engineered crops to birth control? Maybe this is the reason we are running out of Agricultural foods...Stop giving birth control!

Crops -> Hormones in Meat -> Hormones in Pills -> Hormones in Tap Water -> Girl hormones in guys!

#14 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:21 AM

I do enjoy reading threads like this.

Really? At first I think it's all so funny, but upon reflection I feel crippling despair deep in the pit of my soul and I lament for humanity.

#15 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:53 AM

Really? At first I think it's all so funny, but upon reflection I feel crippling despair deep in the pit of my soul and I lament for humanity.

I rather enjoy lamenting for humanity.

*shrug*
It's a hobby, anyway.

#16 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:22 AM

I rather enjoy lamenting for humanity.
*shrug*
It's a hobby, anyway.

I wonder if all these female hormones from piss water that we're drinking every day has anything to do with it.
*ponders*

#17 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:44 AM

If I understand this right, we are talking about genetically modifying food so that it contains vaccines for the average cold,flue, etc. So that rather than going to the hospital/health care center and getting a shot, we are vaccinated simply from eating common everyday foods. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

I think it would be a great idea for those that have a phobia of Needles. It would also be a good idea to implement it in baby foods as well so that infants (who don't understand why their butt suddenly hurts) can be vaccinated as well. As for every population, it would also be a good idea for those who can't afford doctor's visits to get the shots. (though most places around here generally give the flue vaccination for free). However, these foods will be more costly due to the medicine in them, I imagine it would be more costly than your average 'organic food'. So, good idea but is it really worth the cost?

Go learn about Modified food first. Posted Image

And they also add female and/or male growth hormones into meat :\

FUNFACT!
Birth Control pills contain hormones which girls take.
These hormones are then later expelled from the body into the toilet.
These go to the wastewater treatment plant.
This plant does not treat hormones.
Tap water contains quite a bit of female hormones.

Have fun guys ^___^

The sentence in Bold is on topic, and therefor a contributed post.

The paragraph in Italics is a bit off topic.
If these were two different posts I'd call you out on being a spammer as you seem to love to do the same thing to just about everybody else.
If your gonna throw a fit about posts that are spamming, or off topic, try not to do so yourself as that makes you look like a total hypocrite which I don't much care for.

#18 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:03 PM

If I understand this right, we are talking about genetically modifying food so that it contains vaccines for the average cold,flue, etc. So that rather than going to the hospital/health care center and getting a shot, we are vaccinated simply from eating common everyday foods. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

Where did you hear that from? :o
Im not sure if they have that yet o___O

I think it would be a great idea for those that have a phobia of Needles. It would also be a good idea to implement it in baby foods as well so that infants (who don't understand why their butt suddenly hurts) can be vaccinated as well. As for every population, it would also be a good idea for those who can't afford doctor's visits to get the shots. (though most places around here generally give the flue vaccination for free). However, these foods will be more costly due to the medicine in them, I imagine it would be more costly than your average 'organic food'. So, good idea but is it really worth the cost?

1. We have myst now. Not sure if you people there do.
2. Have you tried feeding an infant o___o
3. I think there are hundreds of viruses/bacteria, they also mutate too :\

The sentence in Bold is on topic, and therefor a contributed post.

The paragraph in Italics is a bit off topic.
If these were two different posts I'd call you out on being a spammer as you seem to love to do the same thing to just about everybody else.
If your gonna throw a fit about posts that are spamming, or off topic, try not to do so yourself as that makes you look like a total hypocrite which I don't much care for.

You're*
By responding you care!
Thanks for caring Posted Image

#19 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:22 PM

1. We have myst now. Not sure if you people there do.
2. Have you tried feeding an infant o___o
3. I think there are hundreds of viruses/bacteria, they also mutate too :\

You're*
By responding you care!
Thanks for caring Posted Image

From my personal experience, feeding an infant is easier than getting them vaccinated or getting them to take a shot. Also, it is very true that if everything were organic like it used to be way back then, there definitely could not be enough food to support our current growing population.

Also, why exactly do you have to troll here? Can you please take your bull elsewhere? I've told you countless times, let's keep it civil here - most of the time it's you who is starting massive arguments. <_<

#20 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:51 PM

From my personal experience, feeding an infant is easier than getting them vaccinated or getting them to take a shot. Also, it is very true that if everything were organic like it used to be way back then, there definitely could not be enough food to support our current growing population.

I personally would have underlined the 'very' instead of the 'is'.
Well... its either trying to insert a needle into a sleeping baby who doesnt what a needle does...
or... trying to feed a small baby who doesnt understand anything and wants something besides this weird-tasting stuff.

Also, why exactly do you have to troll here? Can you please take your bull elsewhere? I've told you countless times, let's keep it civil here - most of the time it's you who is starting massive arguments. <_<

1. According to my dictionary, troll is used incorrectly
2. I have no bulls.
3. I can count to 3
4. Can civilians not argue? Not think? Not disagree? Freedom of Speech <3
5. Did you know that arguments need more than one person? And I assure you I do not argue with myself.

#21 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

1. According to my dictionary, troll is used incorrectly
2. I have no bulls.
3. I can count to 3
4. Can civilians not argue? Not think? Not disagree? Freedom of Speech <3
5. Did you know that arguments need more than one person? And I assure you I do not argue with myself.

Well I do like to play with trolls...

1. What? "Troll" was used perfectly fine.

2. Way to use your misinterpretation as the basis of your statement.

3. Irrelevant.

4. Well, nothing wrong with this.

5. See 2.

#22 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:18 PM

Well I do like to play with trolls...

1. What? "Troll" was used perfectly fine.

2. Way to use your misinterpretation as the basis of your statement.

3. Irrelevant.

4. Well, nothing wrong with this.

5. See 2.

1. Give me a definition please :D
2. Then that person should be clearer.
3. You won't understand unless you're the person Im addressing

#23 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

1. Give me a definition please :D
2. Then that person should be clearer.
3. You won't understand unless you're the person Im addressing

You just give a load of ****. I won't bother trying to explain things to you - you are like one of those pesky little irritating children that don't know when they're wrong and when to shut their mouths.

Anyone with half a brain would obviously have understood my aforementioned statement, but you chose to take the immature road and pretend like you had no idea what I was referring to. Obviously, you need to look up some words in the dictionary. Civil can be used as an adjective, and I used it as such. Civil =/= civilians, just because they come from the same root does not mean they mean the same thing.

Cliffs:
1) Please grow up.
2) Learn to get to know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.

#24 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:27 PM

You just give a load of ****. I won't bother trying to explain things to you - you are like one of those pesky little irritating children that don't know when they're wrong and when to shut their mouths.

Anyone with half a brain would obviously have understood my aforementioned statement, but you chose to take the immature road and pretend like you had no idea what I was referring to. Obviously, you need to look up some words in the dictionary. Civil can be used as an adjective, and I used it as such. Civil =/= civilians, just because they come from the same root does not mean they mean the same thing.

Cliffs:
1) Please grow up.
2) Learn to get to know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.

We may be wasting our time here sir.

#25 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:46 AM

I agree with this, its way more easier to put a bottle in an infant's mouth or place the plate in front of them and let them have finger food than it is to have a child lay still for a shot. Not to mention the pain the child would go through. Even if you gave a sleeping infant a shot, the child wouldn't be asleep for long and would soon wake up screaming. (my daughter is getting her teeth in, and doesn't like people prodding her mouth, so when we're not using a bottle, it's best to just let her use her hands (for now))

I don't see where the organic comes in at but maybe I missed something. Also would someone (besides junsu as he only asked where I got that) please let me know if I got the discussion correct in my previous post.

As for the myst comment.. I'm not sure I don't think so tbh but we might and I probably just hadn't heard of it -,-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users