Photo

Good Starter Set?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:56 AM

I am just now getting into the battledome and was wondering if anyone knew of a good battledome set to start off with for the battledome.
I know I need at least 1 armor and 1 weapon, but don't know where to start. i want something that will serve me well for a little bit but not something that costs like 100k a piece.

So tips would be great and very much appreciated/welcome.

Thanks so much :D

#2 thorgal

thorgal
  • 421 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:03 PM

It's probably for 1P.
I would start with:
- downsize!
-leaf shield

-ice club
-stone club

-lesser healing scroll

a total of 150k, it's a decent set to beat small opponents in the 1P battledome.

I don't know what level you'r pet is but I would consider buying fearie bottles.
The fearie abilities are really useful.

#3 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:31 PM

Aww, and I still lost to meuka. Anyone have ideas on how to tell how difficult an opnent is? Is it color coded? Cause I beat the ghost lupe no problem.

#4 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:31 PM

If you are able, consider morphing to a Lupe/Lenny as they both have incredibly species exclusive freezers/healers.

Otherwise, go ahead and get some scarab rings if you are especially new, as they pack quite a punch for a very very cheap price.
Leaf shield is a big plus too, as well as Downsize!, since they are both classics and still very useful in the BD for defending.

If you want a healer, consider a scorchstone, or like the above poster said, a lesser/greater healing scroll depending on your pet's HP.

If you can shell out more cash, consider going to in depth battlepedia and looking at various 9 iconers, such as the aforementioned Stone club, Ice club, and even things like Psellia's Fighting Fan, Pike Pike, and Essence of Esophagor.

NOTE: Do not get all of the aforementioned things, just pick some that you prefer/like as based on your preferences. Look up guides as to how to beat Defenders of Neopia as they show you which opponents carry which weapons which deal X amounts of icons, and what type of icons they deal, and their shields and healers.

Good luck with your set Xwee! :p

#5 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:00 PM

Meuka is tough.

Train, train, train.

2x Y's Blasters
Diamond Dust faerie skill

All I did was
1. Diamond Dust + Y's Blasters. If it does not freeze the first turn, withdraw, heal on Inflatable Balthazar, then try again.
2. Once he's frozen, use Y's Blasters + Berserk Attack

After that I could finish him off in one turn.

#6 manophear

manophear
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:04 PM

yeah. Y-Blasters is the optimal weapon for pure damage at only about 800k-1 million each. I think PCC and SoS deal the same damage (or a couple of icons more) but less stuff can block or reflect them so that's why they're much higher in price.

#7 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:38 PM

There is quite a gap between ghost lupe and meuka. Use golden compass or water muffins if you dont wanna spend on y blasters. Sink and burrow is necessary for meuka.

#8 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

Pumpkin Launchers are the cheapset BD weapon atm with 8 icons, going at about 15k.

I just used a snow mudball and Honey potion, and if Meuka didn't kill me, Sink/borrow and two items and he was dead. And I don't have a BD pet (my defense is 21 xD)

#9 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

yeah. Y-Blasters is the optimal weapon for pure damage at only about 800k-1 million each. I think PCC and SoS deal the same damage (or a couple of icons more) but less stuff can block or reflect them so that's why they're much higher in price.

Less chance of partial block perhaps? Since YBlaster's icons are spread out.

Also, seriously I do recommend golden compasses, because in addition to dishing out 9 icons, it also defends 3 dark. Thus making it a worthy investment for just 40k - it helped me beat Meuka. I used that, and a snow mudball when he was frozen. :funone:

Sink and Burrow are must haves, not only for Meuka but for just about all Battledome opponents in general.

#10 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:20 PM

Aww, and I still lost to meuka. Anyone have ideas on how to tell how difficult an opnent is? Is it color coded? Cause I beat the ghost lupe no problem.

Unstable slime is not bad.
If you have spare nps and are willing to use one-use items..
Fire muffins and Jade Elixirs work well

#11 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:24 PM

If you think meuka is bad, wait for henchman and space fairy

#12 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:29 PM

The Defenders of Neopia challengers generally increase in difficulty every time; you beat one, and the next one is most likely tougher than your previous opponent.

Search up Defenders of Neopia guides - they show you just about all you need to know - what weapons Meuka has and thus you can adjust your set accordingly. Remember, your main goal in 1P is to beat the challenger, so modify as needed.

Unstable slime is not bad.
If you have spare nps and are willing to use one-use items..
Fire muffins and Jade Elixirs work well

All kinds of battle muffins for sure, look for 15 iconer one use bombs, etc. You'll find that one-uses are useful in 1P if you can get a good freeze in, which is why I've recommended Lennys/Lupes.

#13 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:43 PM

If you think meuka is bad, wait for henchman and space fairy

Henchmen was the worst for me.
Wasted 200k on one use-items :(

#14 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:55 PM

Henchmen was the worst for me.
Wasted 200k on one use-items :(

It was terrible for me to get them frozen before I get frozen

#15 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:57 PM

It was terrible for me to get them frozen before I get frozen

I didn't use a freezer xD.
Just Ppots x 2/Muffins and Jade Elixir. Maybe that's why I spent so much :o

#16 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:04 PM

I didn't use a freezer xD.
Just Ppots x 2/Muffins and Jade Elixir. Maybe that's why I spent so much :o

Ppots dont work well with meuka. They freeze you a lot so you need to freeze them first

#17 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

Ppots dont work well with meuka. They freeze you a lot so you need to freeze them first

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be easier to just use a 100% freezer on the first turn? That way you avoid them freezing you first, no? :funone: Then, hit them with all you've got. (aka one use bombs)

#18 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be easier to just use a 100% freezer on the first turn? That way you avoid them freezing you first, no? :funone: Then, hit them with all you've got. (aka one use bombs)

Yes if you have the dough for them. I cried when my freezing scroll broke. :crybaby:

#19 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:09 PM

ppot + ppot + burrow
ppot + ppot + sink
ppot + thick smoke bomb + berserk

any questions?

#20 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:01 PM

Yes if you have the dough for them. I cried when my freezing scroll broke. :crybaby:

Most 100% freezers aren't breakable though, are they? Like the H4000 Helmet and the Freezing Potion. I'm not 100% sure what Freezing Scroll is though. Why buy a breakable? :o

#21 GreenScissors

GreenScissors
  • 478 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:13 PM

Generally speaking, the higher the number is next to the opponent when you select them o the bd page, the more difficult he/she/it is to beat.

#22 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:18 PM

Most 100% freezers aren't breakable though, are they? Like the H4000 Helmet and the Freezing Potion. I'm not 100% sure what Freezing Scroll is though. Why buy a breakable? :o

Cause both are quite expensive

#23 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:33 PM

Cause both are quite expensive

True that. Consider maybe morphing to a Lupe? That way you save in the long run.

#24 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:26 PM

I already have a lupe of similar stats as the one I was fighting with. I'm quite proud of my royalgirl kyrii. She's sort of my favorite lol.
I will look into the weapons mentioned though. I want some that will go a long ways, but it seems those are generaly the most expensive so.. yeah guess i gotta break into the bank lol.
Any of the HT weapons worthy of not? I have around 9.5 mil that I guess I could spend for the battledome. So that will give you a good spending idea. (and yes, I am switching to using my lupe ^-^)

#25 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:28 PM

Use chocolate chip battle biscuits. Cheap and effective.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users