smugler cove

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 thorgal

thorgal
  • 421 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:39 AM

Are there people who ever had the chance to buy something in the smugler cove?
If yes please tell me how.

#2 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:44 AM

Met got a GoW. He's legit so you just gotta be real lucky.

#3 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:44 AM

Its rumored to restock very infrequently, but I've heard stories of people buying extremely rare things - like Sloth Approved Hair Gel (100% freezer), and even the attack peas. \

I've never been able to get anything though :(

#4 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:56 AM

I never see the cove get stock

#5 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:00 AM

cove only restocks when they release a new item, which will restock, then usually retire within a few days. So just wait for TNT to release an item.

#6 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:08 AM

Met got a GoW. He's legit so you just gotta be real lucky.

A legit programmer. He found it while testing his Cove buyer that he decided to code when the GoW were announced.

#7 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:49 AM

A legit programmer. He found it while testing his Cove buyer that he decided to code when the GoW were announced.

So hes not really legit since he attempted to make a cove buyer. O_o

Edited by Prodigy, 09 May 2010 - 09:50 AM.

#8 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:53 AM

So hes not really legit since he attempted to make a cove buyer. O_o

That's the point. I was countering Noit's claims the Metigue was legit.

Yes, he has skills as a legit player, but he's not above using a program.

#9 thorgal

thorgal
  • 421 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:14 AM

a prog for the cove would be useful....

#10 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:21 AM

If there were anything stocking it would be useful. Perhaps once a cove item gets announced one will be released.... until then, though....

#11 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

A cove buyer would be really tricky, im not sure how it could work unless some script would overrun the rs ban like the shop wizard faerie quest script... otherwise you pretty much have no chance at all

#12 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

a prog for the cove would be useful....

Don't you get banned for refreshing just a couple times after you first refresh there? :o

EDIT: I mean like Smuggler's Cove RS Banned, not perma-banned from Neo

Edited by generalgsus, 09 May 2010 - 10:30 AM.

#13 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:31 AM

A cove buyer would be really tricky, im not sure how it could work unless some script would overrun the rs ban like the shop wizard faerie quest script... otherwise you pretty much have no chance at all

Essentially you would need dubloons and a ton of luck. You would only get 1-5 refreshes per hour and you would just need to hope that one of those refreshes would be the moment that an item stocks.

#14 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:36 AM

never ever seen the cove with anything in it.

#15 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:19 AM

I sincerely hope any cove buyer would have severely restricted use.

#16 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:20 AM

Essentially you would need dubloons and a ton of luck. You would only get 1-5 refreshes per hour and you would just need to hope that one of those refreshes would be the moment that an item stocks.

Technically, you could set up a cove buyer that might work with like a shitload of shells. Basically, have all the dubloons you need on your main, and then have the program proxy automatically and check on each shell, one at a time. Once an item is spotted it can switch to the main account and grab it, if its quick enough. Would require a ton of shells and proxies though

Also, because of the massive amount of accounts the buyer would require, it would have to be very exclusively available, ie retired members only or something.

Edited by ThaMan, 09 May 2010 - 11:21 AM.

#17 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:22 AM

There's supposedly a method where you take the cove page offline and refresh offline because the cove restocks are predetermined and once it "stocks" just connect to the internet and buy it for real. This was how some people got multiple grapes.

Just some buzz I've been hearing on other cheating sites.

#18 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:24 AM

There's supposedly a method where you take the cove page offline and refresh offline because the cove restocks are predetermined and once it "stocks" just connect to the internet and buy it for real. This was how some people got multiple grapes.

You mean do the work offline thing? How would you, when offline, be able to see restocks though? You'd just see a "cannot connect to site" page or something, no?

#19 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:26 AM

explain? i guess if you arent logged in this might work...

edit: nah it doesnt. how does this work then?

Edited by ThaMan, 09 May 2010 - 11:27 AM.

#20 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:08 PM

It's not possible.
If the page's restocks were visible offline, they'd have to be hardcoded in, in which case you could work them out without having to refresh at all.

In other words, it's people trying to reduce the competition.

#21 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:45 PM

It's not possible.
If the page's restocks were visible offline, they'd have to be hardcoded in, in which case you could work them out without having to refresh at all.

In other words, it's people trying to reduce the competition.

I mean competition who actually believes turning your internet off and then going on neo works isnt really competition Posted Image

#22 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:49 PM

This does not make sense as the above posters said. I think a cove AB would be a good idea but I don't see how it could actually be implemented.

#23 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:56 PM

Technically, you could set up a cove buyer that might work with like a shitload of shells. Basically, have all the dubloons you need on your main, and then have the program proxy automatically and check on each shell, one at a time. Once an item is spotted it can switch to the main account and grab it, if its quick enough. Would require a ton of shells and proxies though

Also, because of the massive amount of accounts the buyer would require, it would have to be very exclusively available, ie retired members only or something.

That's a good idea. If we knew the approximate (or at least average) time of the restock ban, then you could just make "x" amount of shells depending on how fast you want to restock there; that way you could just cycle through them once one is banned. It would take a lot of work, but it is surely possible... if the item restocked there somehow turns out to be as much as a pea is worth right now, then it would probably be worth the time investment. Too bad I have no idea how one is made, otherwise I might make one myself! Hahahaha.

#24 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

Yea, it would be worth it. Once school ends im gonna look into learning how to code and maybe ill take this project up.

#25 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:30 PM

Yea, it would be worth it. Once school ends im gonna look into learning how to code and maybe ill take this project up.

I offer you my moral support! Hahahaha. With school and tennis I kinda have my hands full... it will be worth it in the end! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users