• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#276 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:10 AM

Haha good point :p Even my old religion teacher is saying that a lot of the stuff in the old testament was practical back then, but when it became unecessary or impractical, they simply progressed.

But with homosexuality, sorta hard to explain :p It's not like being straight is impractical, but homosexuality isn't destroying society either. Yet we can't have both? Oh Christians

#277 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:10 PM

Haha good point :p Even my old religion teacher is saying that a lot of the stuff in the old testament was practical back then, but when it became unecessary or impractical, they simply progressed.

But with homosexuality, sorta hard to explain :p It's not like being straight is impractical, but homosexuality isn't destroying society either. Yet we can't have both? Oh Christians

Teh gheys is destreoying teh wurld by not having teh babiez

#278 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:14 AM

Ancient Greece was openly bisexual. By that I mean no one had qualms about people consorting with the same sex.

I trust in the social norms of the society that first created democracy.

#279 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:54 PM

i always feel like when i argue for homosexuality the other side comes at me all ignorant like this:

#280 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:38 AM

FUCK PEOPLE WHO HAVE BELIEFS. FUCK I HAVE A BELIEF. I HATE MYSELF. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAA.

Dick.

Clearly that is not what I said. I could give a shit for what people believe in, it's the way they express it that makes me say 'FUCK THEM'.

#281 Code

Code
  • Patron of Absorbia

• 435 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:39 AM

I don't agree with it and I don't go against it. :)

#282 Xcisor

Xcisor
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:41 PM

Edited by Xcisor, 23 August 2010 - 04:42 PM.

#283 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:57 AM

Im not against it.
Who the fuck are people to judge who you can and cannot fuck.
But seriously people need to mind their own bussiness, specially anti-gay protesters.
On that notion though, I fucking hate GLAAD.

Edited by WakaWaka, 25 August 2010 - 08:58 AM.

#284 Sumgirl

Sumgirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:17 AM

I think you should be/do whatever makes you happy. It's your life, no one else is going to live it but you. People who waste THEIR time telling people how they are not living right or whatever aren't living their lives. If you like guys fine, if you like girls whatever. I don't care. End of story.

Edited by Simone, 25 August 2010 - 09:18 AM.

#285 EzioAuditore

EzioAuditore
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:24 AM

I don't mind who people do and don't have sex with, as long as someone isn't trying to make me play on the other side of the fence, if you know what I mean. ;)

#286 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:36 AM

I don't mind who people do and don't have sex with, as long as someone isn't trying to make me play on the other side of the fence, if you know what I mean. ;)

I shouldn't think anyone would want you to.

#287 dfoaiu

dfoaiu
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:45 PM

They don't really bother me at all.

#288 bobsauce

bobsauce
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

I hate the fact they won't legalize gay marriage, it actually makes no sense to me, I literally cannot understand why, it seems crazy.

Outside of the political issues for whoever passed it it really comes down to the same thing everything else does: Follow the money. People get married all the time for the tax break. Imagine what would happen to a states budget if suddenly 5 million more people got a huge tax break (say cali with its population of 36milish).

#289 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:00 AM

i always feel like when i argue for homosexuality the other side comes at me all ignorant like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euXQbZDwV0w

They should first learn how to say faeces instead of poo poo, and then situational bias before even touching on this topic.

#290 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:32 AM

Outside of the political issues for whoever passed it it really comes down to the same thing everything else does: Follow the money. People get married all the time for the tax break. Imagine what would happen to a states budget if suddenly 5 million more people got a huge tax break (say cali with its population of 36milish).

That's close to the premise of the movie chuck and larry.

#291 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:07 AM

Peoples sexuality should be none of our business. Don't like? Don't look. Gays aren't doing anything to society. Gender roles are stupid in the first place.
Obviously, I guess, I am "for" homosexuality? But why is there a side to it in the first place.. its just liking the same gender..

#292 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:20 PM

Who the hell is that guy. I seriously doubt that people showing their anti-gayness are actually full blown fags themselves. lol

#293 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:28 PM

At my new school, there's this art teacher who I'm sure is gay, and he's currently trying to end homophobia. His room has a little bowl filled with tiny rainbow flags which you can attach to your lanyard where your ID card is, and I took one to help him out. Today, he was working on painting those huge circus tents filled with gay-related things in order to end homophobia. There's being a documentary made on it, and it's going to be huge. Hopefully one day you guys all hear about it because this guy's work is amazing, and I really support the cause. He was telling me how currently a grade 9 is in the hospital because he was assaulted by a bunch of older guys simply because they heard he was gay.
Trying to "beat the gay" out of someone doesn't work.

#294 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:33 PM

At my new school, there's this art teacher who I'm sure is gay, and he's currently trying to end homophobia. His room has a little bowl filled with tiny rainbow flags which you can attach to your lanyard where your ID card is, and I took one to help him out. Today, he was working on painting those huge circus tents filled with gay-related things in order to end homophobia. There's being a documentary made on it, and it's going to be huge. Hopefully one day you guys all hear about it because this guy's work is amazing, and I really support the cause. He was telling me how currently a grade 9 is in the hospital because he was assaulted by a bunch of older guys simply because they heard he was gay.
Trying to "beat the gay" out of someone doesn't work.

HAHA "filled with gay-related things" thats funny can you list some.

Its very true and his work is good. No one should be assaulted by the masses for being gay: "Trying to "beat the gay" out of someone doesn't work." that's real good. I think most gays feel that them being gay was not their choice, I think proper study needs to be done on it to show that it is unnatural.

#295 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:56 AM

I used to be gay. I preached my homosexuality to all types of people, all over my walk of life, trying to encourage people to listen to what I had say, to listen to my beliefs and my life. I constantly got abused and was victimised because of this. I was verbally assaulted, attacked and people made my life hell. Bigots constantly tried to make me and my people seem like disgusting animals that didn't deserve our basic human rights. Hell, my own country is a country full of gays, there are millions of us, yet we are made to feel like second class citizens. We go on marches, we have centers where gay people can come and share, and yet we are told we are shoving it down people's throats. It's disgusting.

*Replace gay/homosexuality with Christian/Christianity.

#296 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:23 AM

We go on marches, we have centers where gay people can come and share, and yet we are told we are shoving it down people's throats. It's disgusting.

heh heh, nice :p

#297 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:12 AM

I used to be gay. I preached my homosexuality to all types of people, all over my walk of life, trying to encourage people to listen to what I had say, to listen to my beliefs and my life. I constantly got abused and was victimised because of this. I was verbally assaulted, attacked and people made my life hell. Bigots constantly tried to make me and my people seem like disgusting animals that didn't deserve our basic human rights. Hell, my own country is a country full of gays, there are millions of us, yet we are made to feel like second class citizens. We go on marches, we have centers where gay people can come and share, and yet we are told we are shoving it down people's throats. It's disgusting.

whhhattttt

#298 MKB

MKB
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:56 PM

tl;dr the majority of this shit

being gay myself, half of the stuff posted here is just ridiculous - both sides of the argument.

Jake - you don't like guy's checking you out when you change, but it's perfectly alright if you check a girl out when she changes?  Don't say you don't do that, I know you do.

If you don't like the idea of homosexuality, that's your choice, doesn't mean you can "interfere" by citing god or trying to "beat the gay out of people".  In the end, it's just a hole.  If it's because of religion, i.e "gods word", god put the most stimulating muscle in the male's ass and he encourages sodomising little boys, obviously homosexuality and pedophilia are not the same but I disgress.

For the OP, if you get upset over someone going "that's so gay" then you should really consider cutting your ears off.  When I saw that LGBT campaign to make "That's so gay" an illegal phrase, I wished I wasn't homosexual at that point.  Half that shit is embarrasing, and complaining over the tiniest of things is why people continue to ridicule homosexuals.

Anyway, I don't think anyone in the 100 years of schooling has ever come-out during the actual high school time.

I know a lot of people who do this, I did this myself.  Although I wasn't exactly camp, so people didn't expect me to say I was gay one time.  I guess for that reason, and the fact no one really cares that much, it was fine for me.  Sure people made fun of me (and by this, I mean "hay i bet u fancy me, fuckin queer!!"), but I wasn't so weak that I'd allow people to attempt even trying to hurt me because of it.

#299 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:19 AM

I bet your arse must hurt most of the time.

#300 MKB

MKB
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:44 AM

not really, I'm the top  ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users