Gayness/Homosexuality

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#76 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:02 AM

It's 4:30 am and I have no clue why I am playing neopets right now.

To put it sweet and short, I hang out with the guys for guy shit, I hang out with girls for girl shit. Simple as that. Adding a gay person into the equation fucks it all up. Obviously not all gay people are feminine, but most are and even if they weren't it can still make circumstances awkward as fuck. With 6 billion people in the world, there isn't room for being generous (in the form or stereotyping or generalizing). Those need to exist for a simply way of referring to large groups or just any groups without a hassle.

Black guys eat chicken
British have bad teeth
Asians are good at math
Irish drink 24/7

Where the fuck is the world without it?

It seems to me that you do not like stretching your comfort zones, a lot of people don't.

I wonder what the stats are on what you just stated.

Sounds boring to me, but that's just IMO.

#77 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:55 AM

It seems to me that you do not like stretching your comfort zones, a lot of people don't.

I wonder what the stats are on what you just stated.

Sounds boring to me, but that's just IMO.

Stats on the sterotypes I made? Imo I would actually say pretty high, no jokes in my eyes I would say they are pretty accurate. Asians are good at math, mainly because their parents force them too, black guys love chicken but then again so do most people... and well I'm Irish and I used to drink all the time lol

EDIT: For the British having bad teeth that is obviously false :)

Edited by Jake, 16 May 2010 - 01:56 AM.

#78 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:49 AM

Stats on the sterotypes I made? Imo I would actually say pretty high, no jokes in my eyes I would say they are pretty accurate. Asians are good at math, mainly because their parents force them too, black guys love chicken but then again so do most people... and well I'm Irish and I used to drink all the time lol

EDIT: For the British having bad teeth that is obviously false :)

Asians in America are good at math because of what you stated, but the Chinese and Japanese don't show any better skills at math than the regular person according to a study I read (I forgot the source lol). I haven't met too many Irish peeps, but they do like their alcohol, just like the brits. I have seen more English people with bad teeth than americans, but that is just based on the 6 months Ihave been in England. Overall I am not too sure.

#79 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:24 AM

Asians in America are good at math because of what you stated, but the Chinese and Japanese don't show any better skills at math than the regular person according to a study I read (I forgot the source lol). I haven't met too many Irish peeps, but they do like their alcohol, just like the brits. I have seen more English people with bad teeth than americans, but that is just based on the 6 months Ihave been in England. Overall I am not too sure.

I read that study. 98% of Asians do better than Americans at math, but it's based on pure effort, not genetic. But not really the point :p

And about your last comment, I hope you didn't take that as offensive about me not realizing you're gay because it wasn't obvious :o

In general, I don't think sexuality really defines who you are. Not really other people's business.

When you introduce yourself to people, do you say "Hi, my name is Chris. I'm a University student who works at a grocery store, and I'm straight"

Probably not. It's just not a way to define a person :/

#80 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:55 AM

I read that study. 98% of Asians do better than Americans at math, but it's based on pure effort, not genetic. But not really the point :p

And about your last comment, I hope you didn't take that as offensive about me not realizing you're gay because it wasn't obvious :o

In general, I don't think sexuality really defines who you are. Not really other people's business.

When you introduce yourself to people, do you say "Hi, my name is Chris. I'm a University student who works at a grocery store, and I'm straight"

Probably not. It's just not a way to define a person :/

Regarding the math; that is kinda the point =D We all are good at things, but because asians put in more effort, they do better. That doesn't mean ALL asians are good at math though.

I am glad it wasn't obvious. Many people don't know I am gay because I don't "act gay". But how do you "act gay" anyways? Is it being flamboyant? Haha.

I agree completely about it not defining you; it is just a part of who you are, just like anything else.

Lol @ the introduction; most people take for granted that straightness is just a given, though, IMO.

#81 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:55 AM

Sorry that's what I meant :) Obviously though they are more technology *based though. Also wtf were you doing looking at their teeth?

Edited by Jake, 16 May 2010 - 08:01 AM.

#82 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:02 AM

Sorry that's what I meant :) Obviously though they are more technology derived though. Also wtf were you doing looking at their teeth?

Lmao. It is probably a culture thing; but again... generalizations! Haha.

And I just noticed the teeth of people I have talked to a few times. Its hard to NOT notice when they have crooked teeth > <. There havent been many people with messed up teeth, but def more here than I have EVER met in California.

#83 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:17 AM

I stare at peoples' mouths when they talk >_<. Only because I don't like looking in peoples' eyes :p Did I mention I'm hoping to be a psychiatrist? haha

Well with some people it's very obvious they're gay :o the way they talk, the way they dress, sometimes even the way they walk or sit :S

#84 Rambo

Rambo
  • 833 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:19 AM

This whole thread offends me :(

(NOT! Doing it for the attention :))

#85 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:53 AM

I stare at peoples' mouths when they talk >_<. Only because I don't like looking in peoples' eyes :p Did I mention I'm hoping to be a psychiatrist? haha

Well with some people it's very obvious they're gay :o the way they talk, the way they dress, sometimes even the way they walk or sit :S

:rofl:

I like eye contact, but sometimes I lose my train of thought because I am too focused on keeping the eye contact!

Good luck with psychiatry; you will probably have to work on the whole eye contact thing, since it really helps in understanding people.

And I agree about THOSE "gays", but there are people like them everywhere > <;; I just don't like how pusillanimous the gay scene is sometimes.

*ignores Rambo* :rolleyes:

Edited by Mikes, 16 May 2010 - 08:53 AM.

#86 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:24 AM

Well I can maintain eye contact, I just normally don't :p In a professional setting such as work, interviews, etc. I always maintain eye contact, so it's no real problem. Just not exactly a reflex thing for me.

Then again, there are straight people who act effeminate as well. Fewer of course :p

and just FYI, Rambo is gay :o So he's just teasing :p

#87 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:32 AM

Like oh my gosh if you guys learned to not give a crap the problem would be solved. OK GIRL-FREEEND?

#88 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:35 AM

Well I can maintain eye contact, I just normally don't :p In a professional setting such as work, interviews, etc. I always maintain eye contact, so it's no real problem. Just not exactly a reflex thing for me.

Then again, there are straight people who act effeminate as well. Fewer of course :p

and just FYI, Rambo is gay :o So he's just teasing :p

Good thing about the eye contact :thumbsup:

There are a few guys I would have pegged as "gay" but they just act that way for some reason lol.

And I knew Rambo was gay, I could tell by just reading some of his responses Hahaha.

#89 JesterC

JesterC
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:25 AM

I think we all have one thing in common. We all are on the computer alot. :)

#90 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

Jake is a young man trying to find himself in a world filled with sex and drugs. Don't take anything he says literally.

#91 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:56 PM

Homosexuality is gay.

Inb4peopleserious'd

But seriously, 9/10 of my friends are gay, which only proves they are awesome to hang around with, so yeah.

They have good sense of humor too in general.

#92 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:27 PM

This whole thread offends me Posted Image
(NOT! Doing it for the attention Posted Image)

LMAO
Ur so gay.

#93 Mikes

Mikes
  • 413 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:46 PM

Jake is a young man trying to find himself in a world filled with sex and drugs. Don't take anything he says literally.

Oh I am not :thumbsup:

It is fun arguing though sometimes ^ ^

And Banana (I spelled it banananana before I noticed :rofl: ) Cool Beans. Yeah, gay people are hilarious, sometimes TOO dramatic though Hahaha.

#94 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:05 PM

I'm guilty of saying "that's pretty gay" and stuff sometimes, but I don't actually mean any offense to gay people. I'll do my best to stop. :p

lol my grandmother sends me hatemail.

knock the bitch out then.

QFE, she sounds like an intolerant hag. :/

#95 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:39 PM

Sex and alcohol. I haven't done drugs in a while and never plan to again :) (Not for the reasons you will probably assume)

And I thought the picture of Kermit would give away my serious attitude.

#96 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:37 PM

Sex and alcohol. I haven't done drugs in a while and never plan to again :) (Not for the reasons you will probably assume)

And I thought the picture of Kermit would give away my serious attitude.

Alcohol is drugs. Don't lie to yourself.

#97 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

so is caffine and ibuprofen :(

stupid diet cokes :o

#98 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:50 PM

@that pic of people with depressing stories
It's not that ridiculous. Some of those seem extreme, but it's not all that unbelievable. Recently, I've seen someone's parents disown him for coming out as a bisexual. I've seen friendships end, I've seen formerly close siblings completely stop talking... and this is in the north ;).

Alcohol is drugs. Don't lie to yourself.

Yeah, but it's far more acceptable to say publicly "I love to sit back with a beer and watch the game" than it is to say "I love to sit back with 'the pipe' and watch the game".

#99 st33v

st33v
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

To me, a person who is homosexual is just another person.
I mean, I am a little homophobic, but I think that mainly stems from not knowing too many homosexuals on a personal level.
But I have met many of my sisters and brothers friends, both male and female who were homosexuals and most of the time I would hang out with them, and get home and my bro/sis would tell me they were gay, and for some reason it just never bothered me like it does alot of people.
I just take people for who they are I guess, and not what they are.
Whatever a person chooses to be is entirely up to them.
Hell, a person could make love to cows for all I care, as long as they are a respectful, kind, and in general good person, Ill hold nothing about who they are against them.

As for those types of comments, I could see why they might offend certain people.
But most times, at least I hope, they arent meaning it in a bad way.
Well of course they do lol, but not in a bad way towards homosexuals, just in a bad way to whatever they are referring to.

In the end, it doesnt really matter though.
If anyone has a problem with the way you, I, or anyone else is, screw them.

#100 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:53 PM

@that pic of people with depressing stories
It's not that ridiculous. Some of those seem extreme, but it's not all that unbelievable. Recently, I've seen someone's parents disown him for coming out as a bisexual. I've seen friendships end, I've seen formerly close siblings completely stop talking... and this is in the north ;).

Yeah, but it's far more acceptable to say publicly "I love to sit back with a beer and watch the game" than it is to say "I love to sit back with 'the pipe' and watch the game".

It really depends on your version of 'public'. I'm on alcohol sobriety right now, I still smoke though. I'd rather talk about bud than liquor. Anyone that doesn't smoke a bowl during a Sporting Event is missing out in my opinion. I love to sit back with my baby and watch the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users