Photo

NHL Finals:Eastern and Western...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

Eastern Conference Playoffs games were shocking and it ended up with the 7th place team Flyers battling 8th place team Canadiens.I was so shocked that my 2nd favorite team(right after Calgary Flames) the Washington Capitals was beaten by Montreal.

Western Conference Playoffs games went as expected having a finale with the top 2 teams.

Who do you think will win the Stanley Cup?My bet is the Sharks and second guess is Montreal eventhough they lost badly to Flyers yesterday.

#2 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:45 PM

Rooting for Sharks here !

#3 diopriest

diopriest
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

I want to say Montreal because they're my home team, but the way the game went yesterday makes me have some doubts... If it's not Montreal it's probably a team from the West. Sharks is a good guess. We have to wait and see I guess.
GO HABS GO!

#4 coqs

coqs
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:52 PM

I want the canadiens to win, because everyone is 200% happier the day after a win (I live in montreal)

But like you said, I don't know if they have a chance against the flyers... but then again they lost a lot of times against the penguins...

#5 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:58 PM

go go flyers

#6 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

Eastern: Montreal (team I'm rooting for) will win
Western: San Jose if they don't choke

Stanley Cup: San Jose if they don't choke, if Chicago vs. Montreal, Montreal wins the cup.

#7 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:22 PM

Its hard to lose faith to Habs now after beating the top seeded Capitals and Defending Champions Penguins.I'm pretty sure they can rebound stronger these next games(hope so).I'm a Canadian but I really feel sharks will win it but lets wait and see:P

#8 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:28 PM

Phillies had a sold out home stadium, sure it was a terrible loss but one breakdown game from Halak in two series isn't an issue. Also they didn't score so even if it was 1-0 it wouldn't have made a difference for the Habs goalie. They will come back.

#9 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:11 PM

I say Montreal should win only because it's the Canadian team left.

Otherwise I'll just go against the team my brother is rooting for, which seems to be the Flyers right now.

#10 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

Sharks ftw! Cost me an arm and a leg to get second game tickets but well worth it!

#11 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:51 PM

I say Montreal should win only because it's the Canadian team left.

Otherwise I'll just go against the team my brother is rooting for, which seems to be the Flyers right now.

My brother is rooting for Philly as well, no clue why though. Only thing I can think of is Fresh Prince.

#12 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:24 PM

I kinda want the Canadiens and the Hawks to advance, just for an original 6 SCF, but I don't really care for any of the teams. I just love to watch hockey, so its a great time of the year (I lied, the best was in the opening round or in the Olympics... I watched about 8 hours straight one day during the Olympics. Yeah, that was nice).

#13 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:17 PM

I kinda want the Canadiens and the Hawks to advance, just for an original 6 SCF, but I don't really care for any of the teams. I just love to watch hockey, so its a great time of the year (I lied, the best was in the opening round or in the Olympics... I watched about 8 hours straight one day during the Olympics. Yeah, that was nice).

Agreed. The Olympics were fucking awesome to watch :) TSN ftw, best sports broadcasting station hands down.

#14 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:44 PM

Ok,so right now..My first and second guess to win the Stanley Cup is losing.Sharks and Habs both behind 2-0 in their respective series.It's still not over though.LETS SEE SOME COMEBACK HABS!:p

#15 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:13 AM

Leightn choked just like I bet one of my friends. Made $20 off of game 3 (Habs vs. Flyers)

Edited by Jake, 20 May 2010 - 08:03 PM.

#16 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:13 AM

Nice one,easy $20.Hehe..Too bad Halak didnt get his own shutout but atleast they won.Go Habs in game 4!

#17 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:36 AM

I hope Montreal plans on making a repeat of the other two series. Otherwise fuck hockey till next season

#18 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:16 PM

Wow.I just came back from camping these past 3 days in the Rockies(It was really nice to go there camping for the long weekend) and I saw that sharks lost 4-0..Lol and Habs is down in their series by 2.I wonder what happens next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users