Photo

Hitler - Genius or... Genius?

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#126 zzzzzzz

zzzzzzz
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 12:12 PM

Why? Generati0n is tight, and he's right besides. If you don't know what the Weimar Republic was, look it up. Germany in the '20s and early '30s was democratic. If you're simply poking his grammatical mistakes, piss off. He's from Brazil, English isn't his first language.

He might be tight but he sure isn't right. Hitler was not democratically elected. That is a misconception many have about how Hitler gained power. It is true the Nazi party gained the most seats in the Reichstag in 1932 and 1933 but they did not have a majority. Yet once they gained power they used very undemocratic methods (Reichstag fire) to block their political opponents. Hitler was never elected supreme dictator and never gained a majority of German votes.

Unless you count any "elections" they had after that were in no way free elections.

#127 Jaf

Jaf
  • 1654 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:00 PM

Hitler was a bro, but a really horrible painter.

#128 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:12 PM

Albeit in terrible ways, Hitler was smart enough to know how to turn around Germany's economy as well as smart enough to play the political situation. At the beginning, Hitler appealed to Jews and Germans alike.

He might be tight but he sure isn't right. Hitler was not democratically elected. That is a misconception many have about how Hitler gained power. It is true the Nazi party gained the most seats in the Reichstag in 1932 and 1933 but they did not have a majority. Yet once they gained power they used very undemocratic methods (Reichstag fire) to block their political opponents. Hitler was never elected supreme dictator and never gained a majority of German votes.

Unless you count any "elections" they had after that were in no way free elections.

I would definately agree with you in the sense that he was not right. However, Hilter was an intelligent politician and he definately did appeal to the general public at the beginning. If that were not true, he would not have gained the most seats. He wasn't elected to be a dictator but he managed to claim that position through political wit, another reason why he was intelligent.

Just because he wasn't upfront about his goals doesn't mean he wasn't intelligent ;)

#129 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:39 PM

Why? Generati0n is tight, and he's right besides. If you don't know what the Weimar Republic was, look it up. Germany in the '20s and early '30s was democratic. If you're simply poking his grammatical mistakes, piss off. He's from Brazil, English isn't his first language.

Yeah. Hitler didn't become "president" and Hitler didn't use legal democratic means to obtain complete power over the country. It was a Coup.

#130 zzzzzzz

zzzzzzz
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

He wasn't elected to be a dictator but he managed to claim that position through political wit, another reason why he was intelligent.

It wasn't through political wit but through bullying enough people out of opposition and removing those who refused to be bullied. The Nazis were thugs, not intelligent politicians.

#131 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:55 AM

It wasn't through political wit but through bullying enough people out of opposition and removing those who refused to be bullied. The Nazis were thugs, not intelligent politicians.

It was through political wit that he gained this support :)

#132 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:05 AM

Indeed political wit can mean anything in general. Smart in politics, bad in war in the sense that he made greedy moves.

#133 Yoshiowner

Yoshiowner
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:22 PM

hitler = :crybaby:
kill many innocent peoples!:sorry:

#134 Cassiek

Cassiek
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

lmfao you guys are terrible. this thread made my day. :thumbsup:

#135 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

Hitler = neither :fyou::WTF::

Edited by pathentic, 22 July 2010 - 05:15 PM.

#136 westbigballin

westbigballin
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:37 PM

Nah, Hitler had advisors that were genius for a bit.

Rommel is the true man of Nazi Germany though. Great commander, wasn't even an avid Nazi, etc. Didn't really like Hitler but followed orders. Was oneo f the most respected/feared commanders.

Do some reading up on him, I read a bunch about him a while back and it was great/interesting.

#137 fixaprob

fixaprob
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:57 AM

Hitler was a great motivator and brilliant orator. Maybe a genius, but definitely not in the military sense.

Yes i am agree with it..

#138 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:28 PM

Hitler was a political genius, his methods have been tested in the Third Wave Experiment. He just didn't know how to vent his rage in a non-violent manner :thumbsup:
lol imo hitler was just pissed cuz he got beat by jewish kids when he went to art school.

But he continued to tell his mom that he got in so she'd keep sending money. Genius.

Then he forced his niece to kill herself, went vegetarian, and then went insane. Sounds like the average American :p

edit: hm... I probably should have read all 6 pages before I posted anything. Oh well! :p

Edited by Frank274, 10 August 2010 - 02:29 PM.

#139 xToxic

xToxic
  • 349 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:32 AM

I love reading long topics centring around historical debates. Makes me think my 4 years of studying Post WW1 Germany was worth it.

If I remember rightly, the Nazis actually lost seats before Hitler gained a position of power in the Reichstag. They gave him the position to try and control him (like that worked).

He was an evil bastard but when he knew his stuff, he used it to his utmost advantage. He was still one of those spoilt children who always thinks they're right though...

Note: The Germans don't like you calling the Reichstag the Reichstag. It's something like the Bunderstag now... I didn't realise this until after talking to my German friend.

#140 Code

Code
  • Patron of Absorbia

• 435 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:54 AM

His intention is wrong, if he was like, a good person, hes probably better than obama.. Powerful speeches..

DId you know Hitler is one-fourth jew? o-o

Edited by Code, 25 August 2010 - 09:55 AM.

#141 MissBunneh

MissBunneh
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:37 PM

myself am Jewish, I'm not sure if some of you are serious about your comments or not. It only shows ignorance. Many people only look at Hitlers reign on Germany, not his past. Adolf was born into a strange family. His father had his when he was 51 and his older two brothers were always in and out of jail so adolfs father would constantly push and beat adolf to be better. Adolf was subjected to a lot of abuse by his father but was a favorite of his mother. Adolf always did poorly on school and wanted to quit. He was a lazy child and didn't put much effort into things. At the age of 13 his father died and at the 15 he left school. His mother didn't care because she always sided with him. He tried to get into a art acadamy, he was not accepted because his painting had too "few" people and they did not want a land scape artist. His mother then died of cancer when he was 18. By now adolf had nothing and was living in a world where he wasn't accepted. He then lived in a harlot house and painted post cards. He also shoved sidewlks and driveways for others. Adolf came to tge conclusion that one of the professors that refused tp accept adolf as a student at the acadamy did this because the professor was Jewish and thought he was better than anyone else. He then obsessed over the fact that tge doctor that tried to help his mother was also a Jew and tge sidewalks her shoveled also belonged to a Jew. He grew an obsessive hatred after that for Jews. Then a little later he tried making friends but they all fell through on him. He even tried to go into a politacal career when he was much younger. But it seemed that his closest advisors and friends kept blabbing about his laziness in school. This made him lose a lot.
Adolf, even though he was a poor student and was lazy was extremely smart. The problem was he was not pushed propperly to his potential. I feel that any individual that goes through these sort of things has to become mentally unstable. Yes, he probably was a genius, but just because he was a genius there us no reason to idolize him. If you look at Manson, he was too a brilliant man, a stratigical genius in fact. But that doesn't erase the fact that he killed innocent people, just like adolf hitler. Even his soldiers didn't all beleive what he was doing was right, but they were terrified because many soldiers that did speak up ended up being killed. If you look at adolf from a Nazi point of view, yes he was a "wonderful" man and a complete genius. But it's hard to look passed that as a Jewish individual. I have family members(deceased) that did not and that DID make it through the holocaust. It's hard to see the good, even if there is some. I feel that that works with everything. Like the iraq war, we see it in our point of view and tge iraqies see it at there point of view. We as humans will never ever see everyones point of view equally. It just how we were made.

Edited by Rei, 25 August 2010 - 05:25 PM.

#142 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:41 PM

If you look at Manson, he was too a brilliant man, a stratigical genius in fact. But that doesn't erase the fact that he killed innocent people, just like adolf hitler.

There are two things wrong with this. 1) Charles Manson never once personally killed a person (the court ruled one killing as self defense), and 2) neither did Hitler.

Please, before you start arguing here, make sure you know the correct information. And before you start trying to call me lier and that they did, please understand that I researched both of these people for 36 weeks. THEY, personally, never killed anyone. They simply convinced others to do it for them. Did you know that Hitler actually evacuated an entire village before destroying it because he didn't want innocent people hurt? Probably not.

I understand where you are coming from, but it also seems ignorant that you think we are ignorant because we think Hitler (and Manson imo) are genius'. I do NOT think they are genius' because people died because of their command, but because of the way they did it. Please understand that. Yes, Hitler gave the command to kill millions of Jewish peoples. Yes it is a horrible thing to do. YES Hitler is a genius. When we say the word GENIUS, try to grasp the fact that he went from a poor family and living on the streets to one of the most powerful persons in the world in a few short years.

This topic isn't glorifying what Hitler caused. It's glorifying HOW HE DID IT.

Edited by Frank274, 25 August 2010 - 04:43 PM.

#143 EzioAuditore

EzioAuditore
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:50 PM

well i don't call someone whose idea of a perfect world are blonde people with blue eyes and killing thousands and thousands of innocent ppl a genius

This made me laugh, because the whole Hitler wanting an Aryan race is/was a myth.

Frank, I also didn't read the whole topic, just saw this and it made me laugh a lot.

#144 MissBunneh

MissBunneh
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:29 PM

I was not saying all the individuals were ignorant, i was simply saying the people saying "Yeah, those millions of Jewish people deserved it. " and "Hitler is a pretty cool guy, eh kills jews and isnt afraid of anything. " those sort of things are rather..ignorant and glorifying. I wasn't saying the people that were making a blatant "smart" statement where ignorant.I understand that they personally never killed anyone, but the fact that they had other people doing their dirty work, don't you think that's pretty messed up. Even if Manson didn't "kill" anyone, he is still rotting (even though he seems to be enjoying it, from what i have read) in prison. I even pointed out that Hitler was a statical genius. I put in the good, not just the bad. Fine, you have have a point that he personally didn't "kill" anyone, but he HAD people killed. It's basically the same thing, it's just Hitler being lazy, once again. I'm not quite sure if you got my whole point either though. People simply look at what he did with the murders most of the time, and not what happened before. What actually LED him to be this way. I feel like if i was brought up in the way he was i would have some sort of mental problems as well.

Edited by Rei, 25 August 2010 - 05:30 PM.

#145 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:53 PM

I have no reason to quote anything you said, but I want you to think about this:

Yes, Hitler had his army and soldiers kill millions of people because he wanted to "protect" the German people.

Isn't Obama doing that in the middle east? Aren't all the world leaders who actively have soldiers in Afghanistan/Iraq killing these Muslims because they are trying to "protect" themselves and their land? Why aren't we punishing them? Yes, some Jewish members probably did try to kill Hitler, same as Muslim terrorists killed American (and European, and others) people. But does that mean we HAVE to kill them all? No. It just happens that way. A stereotype, if you will. Muslims in America who have been American citizens their entire lives are being treated like shit just because some people who are also Muslim killed our innocent people.

It's a mindset. You must realize this. When the Japanese (in America) were detained and beaten because the Japanese Navy bombed Pearl Harbor, how do you think Americans felt? They felt it was justified because they were protecting themselves.

Don't get me wrong and think I'm supporting what Hitler and the Nazi's did, but there are always two sides to a coin. The Germans wanted someone else to blame for their problems (you do it, I do it, we all do it). The Jews just happened to be the victims.

Now, the following might be a little fucked up because I don't remember it exactly, but I'm sure with a little research you could find exactly what I mean: Back in the 12th or 13th century, a Queen went out and killed millions of Christians because she didn't want them to influence her son (the future king) because she didn't want Christianity in her kingdom. She felt it was justified because she was "protecting" her son and kingdom.

Protection. Remember that. People are killed because others want protection. Once I'm in the military, I will gladly kill any son-of-a-bitch that threatens to disrupt my country. I will kill in order to protect. The Nazis thought the same way, and I'm pretty sure you do too.

Edited by Frank274, 25 August 2010 - 05:57 PM.

#146 bobsauce

bobsauce
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:18 PM

There was a Japanese guy they found in 1996 still fighting world war 2. He had no idea it was over because he was stuck on an island. That's commitment. Without those bombs we would have had a bad bad time.

http://www.damninter...ho-wouldnt-quit

I was not saying all the individuals were ignorant, i was simply saying the people saying "Yeah, those millions of Jewish people deserved it. " and "Hitler is a pretty cool guy, eh kills jews and isnt afraid of anything. " those sort of things are rather..ignorant and glorifying.

There was an underlying feeling in some of Europe that Hitler was doing some good. A polish friend put it this way, "As much as we hated hitter was also as much as we liked Hitler. The Jewish had succeeded in buying up nearly every piece of property in Poland. When the government tired to intervene they were told, "We have the houses, you have the streets." (meaning public property is still Poland's but the rest is ours.)

Edited by bobsauce, 25 August 2010 - 06:33 PM.

#147 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:04 AM

He was responsible for the death's of six million Jewish civilians.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

One of those people could easily be your mother and father if this were a different time and place. See if you'd be praising his genius then.

#148 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:31 AM

One of those people could easily be your mother and father if this were a different time and place. See if you'd be praising his genius then.

Well, considering I'm part of a German family and not a Jewish family, I'll go ahead and praise Hitler all I want.

#149 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:53 AM

He was responsible for the death's of six million Jewish civilians.

Don't give me all this emotional blackmail bullshit. You can still appreicate genius or other forms of uniqueness in different forms. I look at Al-Queda's enthuisaism and dedication as something that is clearly interesting and almost awe-worthy. If you apply those techniques and emotions to different contexts, you'll find a new view on life.

#150 bobsauce

bobsauce
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:03 PM

I think Hitler was just following the Hebrew philosophy. I've never read the Torah but if you look at the old testament of the bible the Hebrews were supposedly repeatedly punished by God for NOT completely exterminating the cultures around them.

One of my favorite chain letters I've received has all of the famous pictures from the holocaust lined up next to modern day pictures that show the exact same scene except Israeli soldiers are standing over the dead bodies of starving Muslim children, internment camps with old women, etc, etc. It has like 200 pictures so I can't post it here :-p. You'll never see that on CNN or Fox News.

The world is fucked up. Its not an Israel thing or a Muslim thing or a Nazi thing. Until the last 80 years war was war and people got fucked up bad. In world war one no one gave a damn if a bomb hit a church as opposed to a military installation. It was war, the goal was to kill the enemy and its people. If anything the scrutiny military operations are put under should give us some hope that humanity is at least trying to become more civilized-or maybe we are just more manipulative in terms of hiding what is going on. There is a southpark episode that sums that up pretty well. "If we let the people protest we can do whatever we want." is the main point.

To anyone on that takes this personally the fact is if I had grown up on any side of these cultures in places that were worn torn I would be trying to blow up everyone I could. I consider myself lucky to not have been born into those worlds.

If I was born in Nazi Germany I would probably have been a Nazi. If I was born in Palestine I would probably be attacking Israel. If I was born in Israel I would be setting up settlements.

In terms of genius I think Hitler was a smart, manipulative man that was in the right place at the right time. 15 years ago the tea party movement would have been a joke. The fact that people are so fed up with both sides of the U.S government has lent huge support to the movement. Germany was primed for a charismatic person to take power. It just happened to be a psychopath that was able to pull it off.

Edited by bobsauce, 27 August 2010 - 10:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users