51 replies to this topic

#1 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

POPULAR POST!

So at long last Neoalerts 3.0 was finally released. Does anyone remember Neoalerts 2.0? Yeah this:
Posted Image

Well with IPB 3 dro told me to redesign it. 1) New IPB files wouldn't allow the old one to work. 2) It just didn't fit in IPB3. So here we go.

To access it from the your "UserMenu" do so like this:
Posted Image

We'll see this as we have no system enabled.
Posted Image

Click on "Click Here" and that will take you to the Neoalerts page. This can also be accessed by clicking the "Neoalerts" button from the Forum Nav.
Spoiler

Once on this page you can now pick the system you want to be alerted about. You can choose to view only enabled systems or all systems by clicking the link at top right. You can choose a default view from the "Settings" page and can always temporarily switch with this link. This is for those that don't want to use the alerts but want to have their links all on one page.

From this page beneath each system is a few buttons. Clicking the system image will open up the neopets page in a new window/tab.
Enable/Disable - Duh.
Guide - This one is not there for all. Once we find a guide we will fill it in and this button will show. clicking this link will take you to that guide.
Log It - This opens up a log it panel. You can log events you receive. See image below. The events you log here will show on your logs page accessed by clicking "Logs" from the Application Nav. If you are adding an event that happend in the past you will have to click on the calender and pick a date. The time will be set as 12:00:00 AM of that day. This will be converted to NST and logged. You can control the time exactly form the logs page. If you leave the date blank then it will use the date and time of the moment you click submit.

I enabled Buried Treasure, Healing Springs, and Mystery Island Training School.
Posted Image

You can see the log on your logs page like this. It is sorted by most recently added. You can see the 2 columns for NST date and your timezone date. Since I left it blank it used the current time which was 9:08:03 PM. Since I'm PST it is the same as NST so that's why my columns are same. In the picture you see time edit mode. You just mouseover and click either NST or your timezone column. You can't click both at once. Once you set it, the other will be adjusted automatically.
Posted Image

So the settings page I was talking to you about looks like this.
Posted Image

The method of alert is only silent right now. The 2nd method of alerting was obtrusive, this was not completed because this mode was how Neoalerts 2.0 worked and we got a few complaints of people missing alerts on accident. (Not system fault but personal fault) So I didn't bother finishing it. But I think you'll like silent mode. I'll show you in a sec. Ignore time is how much time you want the silent notification to shutdown for. Default is 5 minutes.

The 3rd method(which I left), if people want the option of no notification and they just want to use the system page they can choose "No Notification". The panel is still available to you from the User Access Menu.

You also see you can add custom systems. I'll get you a guide on this soon.

Last setting on this page is if you want to allow your friends to view your logs. Non-friends never have the option to view your logs.

About the silent notification:

So we enabled three systems before and now we see we have two alerts. Why not a third? Because that was a quick link system. But that system is visible on the bottom bar. (in ie this bar will look a bit off but if you scroll it will adjust to normal).

We see the notification of two alerts here.
Posted Image
That is because we have not acknowledged "Burried Treasure" or "Healing Springs". The "Training School" is a quicklink so it just sits there for whenever you want to use it.

Clicking the notification or the "Neoalerts (2 new)" from the user navigation will pop up this panel.
Posted Image[/URL]

I'm not a graphics person and don't have anyone so I whipped up this stupid little globe. If anyone can help me look nicer PLEASE HELP!!!

Red panels mean that it needs your attention. Panels turn red if you set a reminder and the time is now up or it has been X amount of time since you cleared an "Every" type system (ex:Healing Springs) or it is time for it (ex: a timeframe system such as your dailies [Giant Jelly, etc.] or Snowager).
A green panel is the currently selected panel.
Grey panels are panels that are just sitting there. You have already viewed them.
You can view all the new alerts from the Quick Access panel. Just click the tab that says "2 New".
Posted Image

The "Quick Access" panel is new to Neoalerts. They are sorted from whatever has the least remaining time to most. Things like Giant Jelly will have less the 24 hours and it will be displayed in the (). Here we see it is (inf) that is beacuse healing springs is availble to you anytime in the future, its not going anywhere. Once you click it and clear it then it won't be available for the next 30 minutes.

Here is what an alert looks like.
Posted Image

You can log your events straight from this panel. Click "Log It". It's the same panel you see in the systems "Log It". Works the same too. Click on the message in the middle and it pops open the neopets page in a new window/tab. Click clear and you will be alerted when it is next available.

Quick Links are also new to Neoalerts. They just sit at the bottom. Clicking them will not open its Neoalerts panel but will open the new window/tab with neopets page. That's what a quick link is right? If you want to access the panel click and hold on the quick link (try not to bugde, you get 2 pixels of budge room in all directions, if you need more let me know). Now from this panel you can use "Log It" and "Set Reminder".

Special Thanks's
Dro - the usual
SL - the usual
Waster - the usual
Frank - for systems page idea
JC - adding a bunch of systems and beta'ing it for me
Kitsune - for pushing Neoalerts 2.0 to get done
Illicit - for working with above and building images and links
Lastly, a bunch of snoops who got into the beta system and beta'ed without my knowledge rawr!!

EDIT by SL: Noit - for basically building the entire thing and spending nearly a year on it. :p

#2 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

Oh man this looks really neat. I'll totally be using it.

Thanks for the hard work. <3

#3 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:04 PM

I love you.

#4 StefanKai

StefanKai
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:09 PM

Pretty sweet, just set up 8 events. Nice work like always :thumbsup:

#5 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:10 PM

yay! *jumps up and down excitedly*

#6 Jiraiya

Jiraiya
  • 521 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

Nice one Codex programmers!I'll try to learn this and use it someday.Not today though.

#7 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:43 PM

Awesomeness people! :)

There may be some minor bugs between the export from the beta. So please let me know if you get any.

#8 Nex2004

Nex2004
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:50 PM

Good stuff!! i always foget to do buried treasure etc more than once a day so this will help for sure!!

#9 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:04 AM

Good job Noit! :D He's been working on this for a very long time now. :p

#10 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:25 AM

Haha thanks a lot SL man. It was tricky mixing it in with school but we got it done along side all those other projects haha.

#11 StefanKai

StefanKai
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:46 AM

Hey I was just wondering, does Neo know that we were referred from Codex when we click the links? Don't know if that even matters

#12 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:51 AM

It might matter so just to be safe it's been patched so it shows no refer.

#13 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:37 AM

thx man :) really cool!

#14 weke

weke
  • 456 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:14 AM

an attic one would be good :)

#15 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:20 AM

Attic quick link?

With JCs help we fixed some bugs. Including rounded look in browsers like chrome! :)

#16 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:25 AM

Attic quick link?

With JCs help we fixed some bugs. Including rounded look in browsers like chrome! :)

I'm like the damned bug catcher

Posted Image

#17 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:28 AM

Haha thanks jc man for that and the guide on how to add your own system. I'll move that out and we'll link it. :)
Weke I added your attic quicklink.

#18 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:47 AM

Nice one Codex programmers!

This one was all Noit's hard work, and he really did put a lot of work into it too. :p

:thumbsup:

#19 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:48 AM

Baw, I missed this news yesterday.

Noit, let me congratulate you first on this great release.

I've been testing this baby for weeks now when I stumbled upon this by accident and it was REALLY convenient having everything in one place, great forum integration!

10/10 from me, couldn't be more useful.

#20 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:26 AM

Posted Image

Learn to catch something other than caterpies for once. >:|

Also, why the lack of rep for Noit, I know it's useless, but it show's that we care.

#21 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:30 AM

This is greatt! :) I lovess it. +rep

#22 ThisisInsane

ThisisInsane
  • 295 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:58 AM

This is awesome, can't wait to try it out!

#23 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

This one was all Noit's hard work, and he really did put a lot of work into it too. :p

:thumbsup:

Thanks waster!!! But man I couldn't do it without you or so many other people. All those little things build up. The idea the comments you guys put really changed the direction I took it. So thank YOU man!!

#24 5MGEDOHC

5MGEDOHC
  • 937 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:07 PM

Neoalerts Alert
You have 14 new alerts waiting...
Thanks noit! this will help so much!

#25 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:11 PM

Awesomeee Posted Image Gonna try this out after my midterm tomorow :)
Thanks for all the hard work!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users