Photo

Fear of Sleeping?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:17 PM

Well before I sleep I find it hard and afraid to do so. Anyone same as me? This only started recently
PS : Something like this http://ezinearticles...leep&id=2534416

Edited by Quil, 15 June 2010 - 11:26 PM.

#2 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:22 PM

I used to experience trouble sleeping, then i started taking valerian root (its an herb, all natural, non-addictive), it helped w/ my restlessness and made it easier to sleep. If all else fails, try a glass of wine before you go to sleep

#3 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:28 PM

It happens if I have a nightmare the night previously; I'll be afraid I may have another bad dream. But it's never related to fear of being unconscience or not waking up.

#4 Nex2004

Nex2004
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:32 PM

I don't have a fear of sleeping i just find it very hard too sleep if i haven't had a certain herb before i go to sleep lol

#5 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:37 PM

It happens if I have a nightmare the night previously; I'll be afraid I may have another bad dream. But it's never related to fear of being unconscience or not waking up.

I never have good dreams
Some nightmares are just so scary that I don't want to face them again

Edited by Quil, 15 June 2010 - 11:38 PM.

#6 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:40 PM

haha no..no fear but I do find it hard..takes me almost a half hour to sleep unless I am drunk/high...Even then I sleep for too long...I have a deep sleep and its hard for me to get up at certain times.

#7 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:42 PM

I never have good dreams
Some nightmares are just so scary that I don't want to face them again

Yeh it's kinda troubling when you think about the nightmare a lot. The best advise I can give is to not think about it. Maybe research someways to control your dreams if you're up to it :p

#8 devil669988

devil669988
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:44 PM

me i dont have nightmares but it takes me atleast an hour of trying to sleep before i can fall asleep

#9 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:48 PM

Yeh it's kinda troubling when you think about the nightmare a lot. The best advise I can give is to not think about it. Maybe research someways to control your dreams if you're up to it :p

Okay thanks ^^ I also have to research how not to wake up screaming running around, calling for help and just murmur some nonsense :thumbsup:

#10 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:27 AM

Wish I could take the fall for you, haven't had a nightmare in yeeeears.

#11 stellanox

stellanox
  • 440 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

I had trouble sleeping when I'm in my hostel. Take more than an hour for me to fall asleep and then I wake up 3 hours later <_<
I'm fine when I'm at home though O_o

#12 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:44 AM

yeh me too haha )= except its only when i watch really scary movies haha

#13 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:05 PM

Nightmares are the strangest things. I never get them right after I watch something, it always comes weeks/months after when I dont even think about it anymore. o.O My worst one was just funny and without sense when I thought about it afterwards. I was dreaming that the "black" spiderman from the spiderman movies was just following me around on the ceiling. Everytime I stood still it would just slowly crawl down from one of those spiderwebs. It felt like that dream went on for HOURS. He had a whole lot of sharp teeth aswell QQ. Mommy please, spiderman is gonna eat me.

#14 Greatgenes

Greatgenes
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:33 AM

i have never been afraid of sleeping, but i am to this day always a slight bit creeped out from the dark...not the dark itself but its whats in the dark that i cant see..or that i might trip or run into, like my cat or something. my cat is all black and she has scared the crap out of me on numerous ocassions. and im pretty sure when it happens she sits there and thinks "stupid human".

Edited by Greatgenes, 29 July 2010 - 08:56 PM.

#15 Kelvee

Kelvee
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:36 PM

After reading that mini article, I still can't believe that people are afraid of being in a state of weakness while being asleep. I can somewhat understand their anxiety from losing control in deep sleep and not being able to control their "fate" during the time of weakness. Maybe the people with somniphobia, I think, are controlling personalities that must feel safe by having command of their surroundings at all times. By being asleep, they must feel threatened because of the momentary inability to react and maintain their rule to the conscious world.

#16 miih

miih
  • 287 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

lol.... I am not afraid of sleeping ... but it takes me a lot to get to sleep

#17 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:50 AM

Posted Image

Problem solved.

#18 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:02 AM

i have never been afraid of sleeping, but i am to this day always a slight bit creeped out from the dark...not the dark itself but its whats in the dark that i cant see..or that i might trip or run into, like my cat or something. my cat is all black and she has scared the crap out of me on numerous ocassions. and im pretty sure when it happens she sits there and thinks "stupid human".

Me too! Even more when I think about the long haired stuff wearing white and maybe seeing them in the corner of my eye =/ So there was once...

Edited by Syorie, 30 July 2010 - 08:11 AM.

#19 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:58 PM

I do not have fear of sleeping.

But i fear other people sleeping.

Thinking that they might not wake up, i something place my finger near their nose to see if they're still breathing.

#20 Invisuality

Invisuality
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:56 PM

ughh im currently going through this.. ive probably slept 4 hours in the past 5 days. but its not because im afraid of sleep itself, but im afraid if i fall asleep ill have a heart attack and never wake up (due to severe eating disorder which im not afraid to admit, bc im working to over come it =]) but yeah, it sucks. im so tired but every time i try to sleep my heart rate drops too fast and it feels like it skips, and it scares me, so ive been staying up playing neopets, ps3, and everquest haha. sucks =/

#21 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

i something place my finger near their nose to see if they're still breathing.

Do you put your finger in your butt before you do that?

#22 fixaprob

fixaprob
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:48 AM

I have no problem like this...

#23 Sumgirl

Sumgirl
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:14 PM

I'm not afraid to sleep, but sometimes I will stay up all night because I get the feeling that I am "missing out" on something, weird I know. When I started getting dark circles under my eyes I started going to sleep earlier lol

#24 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:22 PM

"Sleeping disorder" just about sums the worst thing that college does to most folks:shifty:

I experience serious sleeping problems once the quarter starts. Otherwise I'd say I get my typical 6-8s a day.

#25 swpwrx

swpwrx
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:54 AM

strangely enough i drank fairly heavily last night and i usually sleep like a baby...i found myself back in my bed but i kept waking up every 2-3 hour intervals for some reason. i either had some crazy dreams or just couldn't sleep last night. maybe i didn't think i was going to wake up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users