672 replies to this topic

#1 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:37 PM

POPULAR POST!

I started this initially to keep track of the profits that I made with Abrosia on a day to day basis but kept taking data indefinitely until I decided to make this into a study and closed the book at 4 months. The following data takes place between 1/18/2010 - 5/18/2010, spanning 120 days.

The reason I chose small shops over high risk ones is because I don't want to have to deal with getting frozen and starting over. I also hate the trading post with a passion so selling items through my shop is the perfect solution. I don't know if this is more profitable or not compared to Magic/BM/DM/Merifoods/Stamps but it's a hell of a lot safer. To each his own I guess.

Items:
Shops AB'd at: 1,3,4,5,7,13,14,15,16,30,37,41,58,68,86,98,108 (LOL FUCK MAGIC)
Items bought: 4647
Of those, 64 were Unbuyables. Out of 64 UB, only 1 sold for more than 300k.
Average Items per day: 38.7
Buyable:Unbuyable ratio - 71.6:1
Most items in 1 day: 97 (Shattered this record a few weeks after the study with 138)
Best advice I can give is: Go all out on Half Price Day wink.gif

Minimum profit: 5000, then 2500.

Profits: Each day I recorded how much I made onto an excel file.
Profit from shops: 88,956,000 NP
NP Generator: 3,931,000 NP
Trades/Auctions: 10,100,000 NP

Total: 102,980,000 NP
Average Profit/Day: 741,300 NP
This was done with a 1 month account. I didn't hit 3 months until halfway through. **You do not need a 3 month account to make $money$**

Restock Habits:
Restocked Banned: 37 times or 30.8% of the time.

I restocked 8h a day the first few weeks, with Abrosia automatically pricing items for me which took up a chunk of the time. Later I stopped letting it price for me. Somewhere in the middle I was RS banned like crazy, hitting streaks like 6 days in a row if you look at the chart you'll see. So I slowed down to 4h a day, then later making my way up to 6h a day again.

I started out with 5.5 - 11.0 refresh rates/.4-.7 prehaggle/1.1-1.4 OCR and eventually got bolder. That and more and more competition forced me to lower them again and again to stay competitive. By the end I was using 4.5 - 9.0/.4-.7/.6-.9.

Here is the graph covering only shop data, not NP Gen. The peaks and troughs are very jagged because some days were better than others, as well as restock bans putting a dent in the day's profits. The green line is the 1 Million NP/day threshold. The red line is the average for that range of data.
From this graph we can infer that factors such as increased used of ABing has made it increasingly harder for me to make NP each day. Efforts I made to correct this like lowering my refresh rates and OCR/Prehaggle times didn't do much.

Spoiler

Here is a screenshot of the Excel file. (It covers a little more than 4 months)
Red = <500k/day. Yellow = >500k, <1mil, Light Green = >1 mil, <1.2mil, dark green = > 1.2mil
3rd row shows how I often I get RS banned.
Spoiler

I've tried to compile as much data as I can and to see this from as many angles as possible. Let me know if there are any more stats you want to know about.

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:40 PM

<3 These statistics. :p And this is what I've been telling people for years. ;)

#3 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:41 PM

That is an impressive record. I'm astounded.

#4 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:44 PM

Nice work. This will shut people up about not having an aged account ;)

#5 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:54 PM

wow, good job. i'm inspired, hahaha

#6 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:13 PM

wow, good job. i'm inspired, hahaha

apparently im just using bad settings

#7 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:15 PM

I did the same shit, but I just dont record statistics or anything :p

So. Plus one for you.

#8 lakerzfan270

lakerzfan270
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:16 PM

lately ive been making at least 700k profit everyday off of gourmet cooking for your pet from the book shop
simple

#9 GreenScissors

GreenScissors
  • 478 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:25 PM

damn man this is awesome

#10 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:04 PM

+1 :) definitely the best way to go about it

I use those same shops except I do 14 and not 37. My profit is 3000 though

#11 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:07 PM

lately ive been making at least 700k profit everyday off of gourmet cooking for your pet from the book shop
simple

lol...i dont know what i do wrong, apart from not AB for 24 hours, i dont see 1/4 of the profits that a lot of people here do, but then again, i have never been frozen, so maybe i am too conservative

#12 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:10 PM

simple

Hate to burst your bubble, but that won't last long once August hits. And definitely not after august.

#13 Wangalang

Wangalang
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

Wow this must have taken loads of effort, and it looks awesome too, great job!

#14 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:58 PM

Woah nice lol so that's what I've been doing wrong.... I've been trying to get 50k++ Items too much...
and I won't even be happy if I got a 70k item lol... :p Cause they were HTS but wow this is cool

Nice work. This will shut people up about not having an aged account ;)

Rawr I don't have a aged account ! Nah I have loads lol but I mean my main is like a week old :p

Edited by Quil, 21 June 2010 - 12:02 AM.

#15 Kaloriephobia

Kaloriephobia
  • 1023 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:16 AM

I'm dreaming to have those stats one day *__*

but i have to wait till I got more posts :p

thanks for this work that makes me sure that i can be rich one way with the AB :thumbsup:

Edited by Kaloriephobia, 21 June 2010 - 02:18 AM.

#16 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:18 AM

I'm dreaming to have those stats one day *__*

but i have to wait till I got more posts :p

thanks for this work that makes me sure that i can be rich one way with the AB :thumbsup:

Actually you are already old enough :p You are 1 month old and that's what you need ^_^

#17 jtgrtw

jtgrtw
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:17 AM

how do you get such a high number of items per day lol, the maximum i've hit for letting it run for about 4 hours is 6 items -.-

#18 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:34 AM

so using those settings, you Abed for 6h-8h a day and stayed Unfrozen? wow.

I AB in the exact same shops, but a max of 2 hours a day. my profits over the last month are at 7 million, and that's with a multimillion UB bought.

Quick question, how long were your breaks in between Abing? Lastly, In which shop were you restocking the most amount of items at?

These stats should put all Magic and Stamp auto buyers to shame, 100 million in 4 months and your not frozen. That is absolutely amazing!

#19 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:04 AM

I noticed that with my first main, from which I created as a newbie then made to 5 months (until I was frozen for SS'ing >_<), I could AB for 8 hours with the craziest settings and I would be fine

But the next few accounts that I bought (old shells), I could barely go for 2-3 hours and needed much safer settings. It's as if my first account they greenlighted any AB since I looked legit or something :o

Or maybe they were just buzy with Atlas of Ancients :p Like they are now with the AC.

#20 Kaloriephobia

Kaloriephobia
  • 1023 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:13 AM

may I ask what you've done with sooo many np?

*thinking of draiks and krawks* :drool:

#21 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:37 AM

Holy hell scott thats some amazing data collection. It would be awesome if we could integrate auto statistics per user somehow.

#22 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:17 PM

how do you get such a high number of items per day lol, the maximum i've hit for letting it run for about 4 hours is 6 items -.-

Some shops have a faster restock rate than others, combine that with fast refresh rates and aggressive buy times. Time of day is just as important, but this will be explained in detail in a future ABing guide.

so using those settings, you Abed for 6h-8h a day and stayed Unfrozen? wow.

I AB in the exact same shops, but a max of 2 hours a day. my profits over the last month are at 7 million, and that's with a multimillion UB bought.

Quick question, how long were your breaks in between Abing? Lastly, In which shop were you restocking the most amount of items at?

These stats should put all Magic and Stamp auto buyers to shame, 100 million in 4 months and your not frozen. That is absolutely amazing!

I used to do 2 on 1 off, then 2 on 3 off and gradually settled on 2 on 2 off. (Although now I randomized the perfect AB settings where it's 2.5on 1.5 off for almost the entire day. If ShadowLink64 is reading this, plz give us custom times for the scheduler) I used to push 10 hours the first few weeks when restock bans were 12-14 hours long. The idea is to find a segment of time where restocking is the most lucrative and don't bother ABing during the bad times. For example: If the best stretch of time was 12pm-8pm then you set up ABing for 12-2 On, 2-4 off, 4-6 On, 6-8 on. That's 6 hours a day, and even if you do get banned, you'll most likely get unbanned before 12 the next day and you can continue your routine like normal. If you miss half your routine the next day, don't bother ABing during crappy times to make up for it, you might get banned again and miss your entire routine for the next day. Stay consistent and you will make mad profit.

In terms of shops, I make it a rule that you always AB in a shop for a reason. The reason I do better with a young account is because I don't care about none of that that r99 jazz. And I don't rotate shops every 45 minutes either. I "hunt" at a specific shop for a few hours at a time then a different shop later on. All of these items restock frequently but are low rarity items with big profits. Some of them even restock in batches of 15+ at a time :shifty:
Shop ID:
1 - Bag of peanuts(r79) - 350k
4 - Kacheek pyjama cap(r93) 2.5-4 million
7 - Gourmet Cooking (r50) - 200k
30 - Snorkle Snout (r80) - 400k
37 - magical Chia pops - Millions
98 - Zafara Double Agent Plushie (r90) - 4 million
108 - 300k UB backgrounds restock 3x an hour

Edited by Scot, 21 June 2010 - 01:33 PM.

#23 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

I LOVE kacheek pyjama cap. I put it on TP For 2 mil, and I get 2 offers of 2.5 mil within an hour :p

#24 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:25 PM

I noticed that with my first main, from which I created as a newbie then made to 5 months (until I was frozen for SS'ing >_<), I could AB for 8 hours with the craziest settings and I would be fine

But the next few accounts that I bought (old shells), I could barely go for 2-3 hours and needed much safer settings. It's as if my first account they greenlighted any AB since I looked legit or something :o

Or maybe they were just buzy with Atlas of Ancients :p Like they are now with the AC.

Yeah I dicked around for a month before I discovered ABing.. during this time I got a few trophies and even grinding through all 3 difficulties of NeoQuest II legit. Maybe that's why I haven't been frozen. Interestingly enough, a friend of mine made it for 3 months and got frozen thanks to HB's Auction spammer. Every new account he makes gets frozen within a week despite changing IP, clearing cookies, using a different password, using a fake real name. I'm hypothesizing that they flag your IP range if you get frozen.

may I ask what you've done with sooo many np?

*thinking of draiks and krawks* :drool:

I'm a hardcore battledomer and that's where all my money goes. I've completed a 70 mil basic BD set and spent the rest going for a 700 boost pet. I also gambled a ton on nerkmids and treasure maps.

#25 Kaloriephobia

Kaloriephobia
  • 1023 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

I have never thought about Ab'ing in shops with low rarity items like snorkle snout and so on...
i'm an idiot XD

that's so easy and brilliant and im angry with myself not thinking about it...going to use this hint when i got my 500 posts ;)

I can only say what everyone does..it is amazing...

have you ever used the Ab in the "forbidden" shops like kauvara or the gourmet food shop ?
(dont know if you have to be older than 3 months to see good items there..hn...)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: super/system, abrosia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users