• Please log in to reply
672 replies to this topic

#26 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:43 PM

I have never thought about Ab'ing in shops with low rarity items like snorkle snout and so on...
i'm an idiot XD

that's so easy and brilliant and im angry with myself not thinking about it...going to use this hint when i got my 500 posts ;)

I can only say what everyone does..it is amazing...

have you ever used the Ab in the "forbidden" shops like kauvara or the gourmet food shop ?
(dont know if you have to be older than 3 months to see good items there..hn...)

What's in the Gourmet food shop? Idk when i choose a shop I look at what kind of profits you make at the r70-r94 levels since that's what you'd be dealing with most of the time. I've never set foot in high risk shops, it's not worth the risk but more importantly because I give up massive opportunity costs. Assuming you don't get frozen, you still have to deal with HTS items like MPs. I've come across a few not through ABing and they were a bitch to sell if you don't have patience. I absolutely hate dealing with the trading post and resellers so I avoid it at all costs. I personally believe that in the time it takes to score a good UB you could buy lots of smaller items to put in your shop and make the same or more profit. I've logged 6-8h a day for 5 months now and I've only bought a single r98, I've never even missed a r99. As far as I'm concerned TNT is trolling me with them because they don't exist.

#27 Kaloriephobia

Kaloriephobia
  • 1023 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:51 PM

I agree that this concept is very good and that you make the same profit with 10 lower items like with one r99 for which you can get frozen.
My problem is that i have never seen the little profits like bag of peanuts and so on,I always thought about unis shop and the book shop to make a lot of np in a quick time with Ab'ing rare itmes but your right,that it might taka a long time to sell it.

thank you a lot making this list and explain!

it gives me and all others (when im allowed to say this for them too ;) ) the chance to make more np in a better time and with a lower risk
its brilliant :)

so thanks a lot for all your work (must been a lot to make lists hn?)

and by the way: the gourmet foof shop is where draik-eggs rs,or am i wrong?

#28 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:54 PM

nada, draik egg is in meridell foods, shop ID 56

#29 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:06 PM

The only question I have is that how did you manage to get so many items per day without getting restock banned? for the past week or so ive been getting restock banned after like abing for 10min.

#30 Kaloriephobia

Kaloriephobia
  • 1023 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:09 PM

nada, draik egg is in meridell foods, shop ID 56

thats what im talking about ;)
forgot the name

thanks

#31 GreenScissors

GreenScissors
  • 478 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:11 PM

The only question I have is that how did you manage to get so many items per day without getting restock banned? for the past week or so ive been getting restock banned after like abing for 10min.

what are your refresh rates? Anyway its all chance. you can restock for 6 hours and not be banned, then restock for 10 minutes and be banned

#32 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:29 PM

I don't know what to tell you. I've gone through so many hypotheses about why RS bans happen and none of them seem to hold any weight. But I can tell you that downswings exist. Between March 31 and April 18, a span of 19 days, I was rs banned for 14 of them. There's no rhyme or reason to it. You just have to endure through the shitty times to get to the good.

#33 Nex2004

Nex2004
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:24 PM

Very Very impressive ... Congratulations :thumbsup:

#34 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:23 PM

I don't know what to tell you. I've gone through so many hypotheses about why RS bans happen and none of them seem to hold any weight. But I can tell you that downswings exist. Between March 31 and April 18, a span of 19 days, I was rs banned for 14 of them. There's no rhyme or reason to it. You just have to endure through the shitty times to get to the good.

So restock bans are sorta random? oh god why cant neopets operate logically like the rest of the world T_T

#35 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:31 PM

So restock bans are sorta random? oh god why cant neopets operate logically like the rest of the world T_T

i used to use extremely conservative settings (up until last week) and i could grab 20-30 items in 3 hours

now i started using a little more lenient settings, i get way less items, and i get RS banned, so I am not sure

my refresh used to be like 5-12 and now it is 4-7, and i lowered my OCR and that other thing slightly to increase the items i get, but idk why making my times a little more risky is resulting in SIGNIFICANTLY fewer items in the same amount of time ABing, I am talking 4-6 items in a 3 hour span, if I make it that long without getting RS banned

#36 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:42 PM

So restock bans are sorta random?

Pretty much. Basically, the longer you go, the better chance you have of getting RS banned.

oh god why cant neopets operate logically like the rest of the world T_T

Logic? Why would you expect this from TNT? Isn't this the same crew that takes individuals and spins a wheel to find out what to freeze them for?

#37 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:44 PM

I more picture a dart board.

#38 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:11 PM

I more picture a dart board.

Only with drunken monkeys.

#39 restyingre

restyingre
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:12 PM

Using the regular AB settings has been working for me. I recently started AB-ing and only bought a few UB's. Before this I never knew how much one person can make a day. Wow.

#40 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:36 AM

i used to use extremely conservative settings (up until last week) and i could grab 20-30 items in 3 hours

now i started using a little more lenient settings, i get way less items, and i get RS banned, so I am not sure

my refresh used to be like 5-12 and now it is 4-7, and i lowered my OCR and that other thing slightly to increase the items i get, but idk why making my times a little more risky is resulting in SIGNIFICANTLY fewer items in the same amount of time ABing, I am talking 4-6 items in a 3 hour span, if I make it that long without getting RS banned

The amount of items you get depends on how many times the shop stocks in the time frame that you are autobuying in. Most shops stock many times an hour during the busiest part of the day. When no one is on, the shops only stock a few times per hour.

So If I were to Autobuy for 3 hours during peak hours ( 3pm-8pm ) on neopets, I could expect to get more Items then when there is nobody on and all the shops are full of junk items. The more users that are on, the quicker the shops get cleared, the more times that the shop stocks.

An increase in settings shouldn't decrease the amount of items you get, it should be the other way around. Faster settings= more items restocked.

#41 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:11 AM

Right now, I am really curious on one thing =\
Do you REALLY get so many items a day ? I mean its crazy :o I got only like 5 with 3,000 profit ++

Edited by Quil, 22 June 2010 - 04:11 AM.

#42 devil669988

devil669988
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:18 AM

quil scot is an advanced member he can control what shops he abing at making earning np a lot more efficiently.

#43 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:19 AM

quil scot is an advanced member he can control what shops he abing at making earning np a lot more efficiently.

I know that but currently I'm using another AB-er which can do the same but not that much items

#44 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:34 AM

I know that but currently I'm using another AB-er which can do the same but not that much items

If you read what Scot posted, you would understand how it was possible to restock so many items. Scot used very competitive settings, and also restocked for 6-8 hours a day.

I tried Scot's method yesterday, for a shorter period of time( 3 hours) with my own settings and I got over 20 items and about 400k in profit.

#45 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:49 AM

If you read what Scot posted, you would understand how it was possible to restock so many items. Scot used very competitive settings, and also restocked for 6-8 hours a day.

I tried Scot's method yesterday, for a shorter period of time( 3 hours) with my own settings and I got over 20 items and about 400k in profit.

Heh yep but I used even more competitive settings than those lol :p
And I AB-ed for 4 hours but only got like 5 items
Heh maybe cause I got a lousy list ^_^

Edited by Quil, 22 June 2010 - 04:54 AM.

#46 jtgrtw

jtgrtw
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:40 AM

The amount of items you get depends on how many times the shop stocks in the time frame that you are autobuying in. Most shops stock many times an hour during the busiest part of the day. When no one is on, the shops only stock a few times per hour.

So If I were to Autobuy for 3 hours during peak hours ( 3pm-8pm ) on neopets, I could expect to get more Items then when there is nobody on and all the shops are full of junk items. The more users that are on, the quicker the shops get cleared, the more times that the shop stocks.

An increase in settings shouldn't decrease the amount of items you get, it should be the other way around. Faster settings= more items restocked.

oh no wonder i hardly see anything stock, i don't even usually get misses; i usually ab from 12am to 8am (3pm to 11pm where i am) as its more convenient and i thought less people on = less competition. sucks though, 3pm to 8pm would be 6am onwards for me (hi school)

#47 devil669988

devil669988
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:56 AM

well i rs around 60+ 10k+ items a day if i'm not hunting for mp's in magic shop. My highest amount was hmmm 5m from shop a day i believe using 2accounts though.Quil i've tried multiple abers and from my results abrosia gets more item go figure. I've tried running the one in dz for a day same settings could barely get 4 an hour. It could be my bad luck or abrosias refresh time are better and i guess the fact that we can alter ocr and haggle in abrosia.

Edited by devil669988, 22 June 2010 - 08:03 AM.

#48 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:06 AM

oh no wonder i hardly see anything stock, i don't even usually get misses; i usually ab from 12am to 8am (3pm to 11pm where i am) as its more convenient and i thought less people on = less competition. sucks though, 3pm to 8pm would be 6am onwards for me (hi school)

Heh time restrictions... I heard people who live in the same time zone as Neopets get more items too....sad for me. by any chance do you live in the same place as me? Singapore ? :p

Edited by Quil, 22 June 2010 - 08:08 AM.

#49 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:12 AM

I AB from 1AM NST - 9AM NST and I make very nice profits :/

#50 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:17 AM

I AB from 1AM NST - 9AM NST and I make very nice profits :/

Yeah I have a friend who goes to US and buys from the Magic Shop and guess what ? Truck loads of morphing potions !!! But which got her banned lol so we should just restock at most 3 Morphing Potions a day to stay on the safe side

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: super/system, abrosia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users