Photo

Animations lag my computer

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Taraberra

Taraberra
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

So there're a lot of flash animations on Neopets that really lag my computer. Like let's say I go to Faerieland, the page will load fine, but if I click a link from there, I have to minimize the screen and then go back and it'll go to the page. If I don't, it'll take forever to load. Or let's say I'm looking at a pet who has a lot of customization crap going on, it gets really laggy and I either minimize the screen or scroll to the bottom of the page so it's not looking at the pet's picture so much after clicking a link to get out of there.

It's kinda the same thing with Google's new title page. if click the football nd let the animation do it's thing, it gives me the same lag.

Now it's not like I have a crappy computer. Like I play WoW as well, and I can keep all settings but the shadows on high without any problems.

So ya, any suggestions? It's getting kinda annoying. I use Firefox by the way.

Oh ya and I also have Cox Highspeed internet, so my internet is very fast. I have practically no load times when clicking links...usually. :p

Edited by Taraberra, 04 July 2010 - 08:54 AM.

#2 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:00 AM

Flash does that. What version of Firefox are you using?
Flash does that in all browsers. Many many people here that accesse faerieland experiencing a huge lag.

#3 devil669988

devil669988
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:03 AM

why don't you use ad block plus and there is a few greasemonkey script for decreasing ads

#4 Taraberra

Taraberra
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:10 PM

Flash does that in all browsers. Many many people here that accesse faerieland experiencing a huge lag.

I have the latest one, just did an automatic update it like a few days ago.

I was hoping there was perhaps a setting I could mess with. :c

why don't you use ad block plus and there is a few greasemonkey script for decreasing ads

I have the Adblock plus addon. ^_^

Also, how does the multiquote thing work? I clicked multiquote for both posts and then I was just like, "Now what?"

Edited by Taraberra, 04 July 2010 - 12:12 PM.

#5 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:37 PM

I have the Adblock plus addon. Posted Image

Also, how does the multiquote thing work? I clicked multiquote for both posts and then I was just like, "Now what?"

click it on different posts and just type on the box

#6 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:28 PM

Google title page lagging you is real weird. That's just a gif animation.

#7 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

No. Flash didnt lag on my old ps3 computer. And not on this one.

I have the Adblock plus addon. ^_^

Try the Google Chrome browser. Firefox has gone to hell recently, and its memory finger print is close to that of IE. This might fix those problems. I would also address things that might be slowing your computer down. (Press CTRL + Shift + ESC, and look at the bottom of taskmanager. Tell me the Number of prcoesses. Cpu usage, and memory usage)

#8 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:45 PM

No way faerieland flash doesnt lag in chrome on any computer?

#9 Nonygirl

Nonygirl
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

Yea I lag too on faerieland, and on people's pets when they're wearing a bunch of animated stuff.

And don't even get me started about the new neohomes.

It pisses me off, but what can you do.

I hate that they took away the option to have everything in HTML when exploring.

#10 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:44 PM

Have you tried it?

#11 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:00 PM

I might try Chrome now that we have a Toshiba and see if it performs better than it did on our Acer.

#12 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:04 PM

I have the same problem as you lol
Everytime I see a crazily customised pet I would close it immediately and I never ever go to Faerieland unless its by mistake.
Maybe you should try another browser like they said, Chrome :) Its definitely less laggier but I like firefox for its quicklinks

#13 devil669988

devil669988
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:04 AM

it doesnt lag on my laptop an i7 1.6 that boost to 2.8ghz on 6gb ram running win 7 x64bit. no lag at all unless i use reload every and load atleast 20 pages and have them refresh at the same time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users