Photo

Cookie Grabbers.. Again >_<

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#51 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

wow how is that possible :S no quests, pet training, BD items, faeries, gallery, collections, packrats, or anything? :S

Never did any quests in my 4 years of playing neopets, all my training has always been through the autotrainer (never trained before it), faeries aren't worth the manual labor/time, my gallery is hard 2 sell items my AB bought, my collection is UB collectible cards, don't care about avatars so packrat is irrelevant.

#52 Lando

Lando
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:36 PM

I heard from the AV boards, they were freaking out and stuff.

Thanks for the tips, cleared my cache and changed my pw, added pin changed e-mail just to be safe.

#53 Ncbridge

Ncbridge
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:01 AM

Same here..
Thx for the tip guys

#54 moonman

moonman
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:15 AM

Eh, CGers again. Thanks for the heads up.

#55 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:38 AM

Never did any quests in my 4 years of playing neopets, all my training has always been through the autotrainer (never trained before it), faeries aren't worth the manual labor/time, my gallery is hard 2 sell items my AB bought, my collection is UB collectible cards, don't care about avatars so packrat is irrelevant.

haha thats awesome... that should be an avatar in itself "don't spread the wealth"- never use a usershop... lol

#56 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

haha thats awesome... that should be an avatar in itself "don't spread the wealth"- never use a usershop... lol

LMAO I have the most illegitimate account ever.

#57 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

LMAO I have the most illegitimate account ever.

lmao that's ridiculous, 0 avatars and never visited a usershop... i've lost all faith (not that i had much to begin with) in TNT's ability to pick up on botters :) thnk god ;)

#58 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:38 PM

lmao that's ridiculous, 0 avatars and never visited a usershop... i've lost all faith (not that i had much to begin with) in TNT's ability to pick up on botters :) thnk god ;)

my only 3 games played are sloth tax str test and avatar collectors LOL

#59 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:26 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if HiddenBelow is responsible for most of the CGing.

#60 munie

munie
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:12 AM

Does google chrome have this problem? if so.. how do i disable it?

#61 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:43 AM

Does google chrome have this problem? if so.. how do i disable it?

2nd post says it all really....

Use pins on everything valuable too.

#62 lexis

lexis
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:11 PM

hey! thanks for the tips!:)

#63 Wandering

Wandering
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

Thought this info might help

Quote:For the new CG in shops, before you buy, hover your mouse over the item and check the URL. I'll post a screenshot next time i find a CG shop

TIP: if the scrollbar on your browser is teeny tiny, warning sign. Scroll down and check to make sure. If you see two items in a row. better head out.

There is no CG inside the shop itself. Just the link so if you dont click, you're good.

Quote:Why you should log out first, NOT change pw first
- neopets authentication is based on session ids. Clicking LOGOUT deletes the session from the neo server, which renders the cookie (including all copies of it useless) Re-logging in creates a new session but does not delete previous sessions if the logout link is not clicked beforehand.
(Try the two browser trick) Basically everyone gets kicked out.

The hacker, if inside your account, would be logged out too and in order to re-enter, would need
to decode the pw (if it's still encrypted within the cookie) to regain access. This is ample time for you to log back
in and change your pw. In most cases, it's easier for him to just move on to the next account in the list unless he determines
the account is worth the extra hassle., which again takes time.

If you opted for the pw change first, while you're doing it, the hacker would still have access. Try trying to change PW
while under pressure. Time to log out = faster than (time to think of a new pw + change pw + entering it twice)

P.S. Clearing cookies don't work either. All it does is remove cookies from your own system. Not anywhere else.

Recommended firefox addons
NOSCRIPT" This helps block malicious scripts from running.
Don't forget to whitelist neopets.com and any other sites that you trust (like hotmail.com) (see attachment)

FLASHBLOCK This allows you to selectively load adobe flash player objects. If you need flash to play games,
simply click the arrow to enable that object. This is allowed since most browsers don't even come with flash. Do not
whitelist neopets as one type of CG uses a redirection of http://images.neopet...on_check_v1.swf? to steal cookies.

KEYSCRAMBLER ADD-ON. For protection against key loggers (programs that record everything you type) It's no use
changing your pw if every key you press is being sent to the "hacker

ADBLOCK. It allows you to block ads... STYLISH is good too (code to block ads coming soon) If you get a pop up ad, use CTRL+W
to close it. You definitely dont want to find yourself clicking close on a XP antispyware 2009 pop up ad. Those are the worst to get rid of.

BLOCKSITE - this prevents certain websites from loading completely so if you were unfortunate to click on a CG site by
accident, it wont load. Not supported for firefox 3.5 Subscription service for this add-on will be added on neomallers as soon as support is added.

General Internet Safety
Food for Thought:Good Lightweight anti-spyware Tools:

1. Ashampoo Firewall Free

2. Super® Antispyware (use the portable version and reboot in WINDOWS SAFE MODE
for BEST effect if you are infected) - it's better than the actual program since it downloads with a random file name. Viruses love to disable the main program file of popular AVs like Norton and AVG.

To boot in safe mode:
Just about when windows displays the boot up progress bar/windows bootup logo, keep press F8 and select
safe mode

Tip: Periodically press F8 when the computer manufacturer
screen disappears

Source: http://www.neomaller... ... ment-43590

http://www.neopets.com/~punchback_bob <br clear="all">

#64 Stryker11487

Stryker11487
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:39 PM

+1 to you bro... That's a nice compilation... I agree some of that stuff is pretty much essential now-a-days I do use some other software but for the most part I use most of those FF add-ons... Thanks for posting this information for anyone unaware of such programs I'm sure this can only help our users and this forum... Props.

#65 Wandering

Wandering
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:14 AM

Thanks. Being new I was a little nervous about posting it.

#66 Tortenmann

Tortenmann
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:45 AM

I got CG today:crybaby::crybaby: Then TNT frozen my account for protection:crybaby::crybaby:

#67 serdne2

serdne2
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:17 PM

God I hate scammers.

#68 dfoaiu

dfoaiu
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:57 PM

Has TNT taken any steps to get rid of cookie grabbers yet? A lot of people are afraid of going to user shops.

#69 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:13 PM

Nice guide prior to this I was kind of confused on how to protect myself but you gave a very detailed guide thanks =).

#70 Stryker11487

Stryker11487
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:17 PM

Has TNT taken any steps to get rid of cookie grabbers yet? A lot of people are afraid of going to user shops.

I don't understand why this is ridiculously hyped up. Just don't click on anything but neopet directly related items... Don't go to their store and click all over the links they post... Don't click on links in people's personal pages... Click only on the regular Neopet links and you will be fine... Heck that's without using anything that's any good... You could come in here and use KeyScrambler, AdBlock, and NoScript and you would be perfectly safe... There have been posts all over the forums in regards to this but put pins on anything of value and keep a notation of everything you have and your friends... Lastly change your password monthly... If not bi-weekly. It's not that difficult use a sticky note and some rotating passwords say 6 if you change it monthly... 12 if you change it bi-weekly. Since everything is case sensitive you may only change 1 character and any cookie grabber would be screwed... Just be smart, review our posts on safety and protection and you will be fine.

#71 dfoaiu

dfoaiu
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:34 PM

Okay, thanks for the tips, although I can see how it's possible to accidentally click on something in someone's shop.

#72 tigre

tigre
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:20 PM

Could you consider a cookie grabbers a virus?

#73 picole

picole
  • 483 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:14 AM

Brazilian users are using CG in all, lookups, petlookups and sometimes even in their stores, the forum orphan is the point ,with job UFT pets, sometimes they say "are the pets of account , most seen lookup and has the account "hacked"
Two weeks ago, a user warned us of CG in the store a user, where the mystical stone, which was usually sold for 2.5 k, was on sale for 1k, when it was passing the mouse over the image of the stone, could be see a link to a blog.

I already do not enter the petlookups, lookups and others, is a serious case.
Just this week, seven users were frozen for having something fishy going on in their accounts.:nono:

Edited by picole, 08 August 2010 - 11:16 AM.

#74 kadoatie

kadoatie
  • 284 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

I accidentally clicked on a shop link a while ago that redirected me to an obnoxious page with Rick Astley popups. Assholes.

#75 Antivenin

Antivenin
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:51 AM

I accidentally clicked on a shop link a while ago that redirected me to an obnoxious page with Rick Astley popups. Assholes.

Rick Astley? Oh noez, this is much worse than CGs! They've brought out the big guns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users