Photo

Site Upgraded

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#51 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:43 AM

Have you tried upgrading it manually via a custom php.ini file? Or even through PHP?

ini_set('memory_limit', '128M');

i thought this too ?
and i'm not sure, but what about adding it to the htaccess file?( or is it used for sth else?)
but if the host says it isn't possible, then prob it won't do much

it's funny really one little adjustment can mess up so much x)

Edited by sayumi, 12 July 2010 - 06:43 AM.

#52 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:47 AM

Derp. How hard is it to back up the file system and database prior to upgrading :rolleyes:

Have you tried upgrading it manually via a custom php.ini file? Or even through PHP?

ini_set('memory_limit', '128M');

I have a couple of accounts over at Hostgator, and I'm almost certain I've temporary altered the memory limit to allow a few memory-intensive scripts to run smoothly.

Thanks, we'll try that.

By the way, has anybody even tested the mobile site? It doesn't work. Just trying connecting to it in FF with an iPhone user agent and it redirects me to a page with a 404 error:

http://www.neocodex....terface/mobile/

Just because it's fucked up now doesn't mean it wasn't when we tested it. We've been working on the site since then.

#53 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:58 AM

By the way, has anybody even tested the mobile site? It doesn't work. Just trying connecting to it in FF with an iPhone user agent and it redirects me to a page with a 404 error:

what exactly do you mean by mobile site?

#54 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:00 AM

what exactly do you mean by mobile site?

A slimmed down version for people to use from mobile phones.

#55 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:04 AM

Works ok for me, im on android.

#56 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:22 AM

okay that's what i thoughtm but, well i access the site all the time from my ipod touch, is that different?

Edited by pabs123, 12 July 2010 - 09:25 AM.

#57 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

okay that's what i thoughtm but, well i access the site all the time from my ipod touch, is that different?

it kinda is
see, a mobile version of a site is usually a 'slimmed down' version, with just the most important stuff showing w/o too many extras
it's also adjusted to the screens of the mobiles so you won't have a vertical scrollbar
it's hard to make such a version since there are so many different types of mobiles (iphones/android/more regular cellphs) and they all have a diff coding language & screen dimensions

#58 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:55 AM

it kinda is
see, a mobile version of a site is usually a 'slimmed down' version, with just the most important stuff showing w/o too many extras
it's also adjusted to the screens of the mobiles so you won't have a vertical scrollbar
it's hard to make such a version since there are so many different types of mobiles (iphones/android/more regular cellphs) and they all have a diff coding language & screen dimensions

okay :) thanks for the help :)

#59 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:32 AM

Thanks for the ini_set suggestion, it seems to have worked. :p We're sticking it to The Man. :p

#60 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:41 PM

is anyone else having difficulties with the "neoalerts" pop-up? It shows up but now if I click on it, it just goes away instead of showing me my alerts.. it's rather annoying..

I am also having this problem and it is frustrating me :c

#61 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:29 PM

I am also having this problem and it is frustrating me :c

i had to click each and every single one of my enabled alerts today to see what the system was trying to tell me :S very annoying

#62 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:30 PM

Screw the cloud. I hate the cloud.

#63 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:32 PM

Screw the cloud. I hate the cloud.

well now i do too :S

#64 Ayami

Ayami
  • 280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:35 AM

Updates do look nice however, I still suggest something to chat on

Edited by Ayami, 13 July 2010 - 10:35 AM.

#65 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:46 AM

Chat on IRC... Just hit the chat button at the top. :p

#66 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:52 AM

well now i do too :S

Why do you hate the cloud? lol

#67 Ayami

Ayami
  • 280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

IRC Is so dead the side status is more active talkin in that

#68 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:10 PM

IRC Is so dead the side status is more active talkin in that

lmfao that's true :) but there's really nothing SL64 can do, i think it's more up to the community to get into the chat more no?

#69 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

lmfao that's true :) but there's really nothing SL64 can do, i think it's more up to the community to get into the chat more no?

It just depends on the time of day your online. Id say 75% of the active members have full time jobs or study in college/uni, also, its a US dominant site, so you gotta wait for the US evening to find chat busy. I tend to be online in my evening but that's the UK, so this time of night tends to start picking up a bit on chat. If your on chat however and want people to join you just put it on your status and I'm sure people will pop in and say hi :)

Many a fun time has occured in Codex chat....

#70 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:17 PM

It just depends on the time of day your online. Id say 75% of the active members have full time jobs or study in college/uni, also, its a US dominant site, so you gotta wait for the US evening to find chat busy. I tend to be online in my evening but that's the UK, so this time of night tends to start picking up a bit on chat. If your on chat however and want people to join you just put it on your status and I'm sure people will pop in and say hi :)

Many a fun time has occured in Codex chat....

as i said, it's up to the community to get into the chat, it's just dependant on where they live and how their schedule looks throughout the day

#71 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:38 PM

okay :) thanks for the help :)

np ^^
we are currently working on some mobile designs at work so it would be bad if i didn't know the answer to that one

#72 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:47 AM

as i said, it's up to the community to get into the chat, it's just dependant on where they live and how their schedule looks throughout the day

Isnt that exactly what i just said?

No need to repeat me.

Anyway guys, one small comment....

When you get a mail it comes up on your user pic top right, but it also comes up on notifications, and if you read the message through user pic it doesnt cancel out the notification?

Maybe it would be best to have one or the other....

Love the rest of the upgrade though.

#73 serdne2

serdne2
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:15 PM

Neocodex 4 Life

#74 tigre

tigre
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:15 PM

I don't notice any difference yet.

#75 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:14 PM

Isnt that exactly what i just said?

No need to repeat me.

Anyway guys, one small comment....

When you get a mail it comes up on your user pic top right, but it also comes up on notifications, and if you read the message through user pic it doesnt cancel out the notification?

Maybe it would be best to have one or the other....

Love the rest of the upgrade though.

That may be a bug in IPB's code. You should report it to them :). I turned off those notifications. They were damn annoying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users