Quantcast

Photo

if you could have any thing from the world of harry potter, what would it be?

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#1 harrypotter1

harrypotter1
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

for me it would be either a wand or an invisability cloak. i think that would be cool to sneak around and stuff.

what are your guys thouhgts?

#2 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:52 AM

Hermione Granger

#3 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

Snape.

Hes hot.

#4 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:00 AM

You guys are sick for wanting the characters XD

I vote for a dragon. It better be more well behaved than Norbert though :c

#5 Sasha

Sasha
  • 633 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

I'd want a pensive or one of those mirrors in which you can see the past.

/to be Hermione and marry Ron (not E. Watson & R. Grint though).

#6 Powerrrr

Powerrrr
  • 955 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

The Philosopher's Stone. :shifty:

Edited by Powerrrr, 17 July 2010 - 11:05 AM.

#7 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:09 AM

Invis cloak here too!
Well if i can get 2 i would love a broom too.

#8 elisenhower

elisenhower
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:12 AM

I guess I'd have to get an invisibility cloak. Since we're technically "Muggles", a wand and the likes would be useless...

#9 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:51 AM

Pretty sneaky. I'll give you credit for that answer, though ;)

I'm thinking the flying car, preferably before it got smashed to bits by the tree.

#10 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

down for the Elder Wand... if i found out i wasn't a wizard (cuz i totally am) and couldn't use it, then i'll take a golden snitch to piss people off Posted Image

#11 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

Um, a house elf.
Obviously.

Extra powerful magic, despite being a muggle :p

#12 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

Um, a house elf.
Obviously.

would you be nice, or would you abuse him/her :)?

#13 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:32 PM

would you be nice, or would you abuse him/her :)?

Both in equal measure.

#14 harrypotter1

harrypotter1
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:32 PM

yeah, that would be sweet, youd be rich cause you could turn stuff into gold and live forever to spend it

#15 Greatgenes

Greatgenes
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

haha yeah a house elf would be nice lol, but i think i might pick a broom for flying or maybe buckbeak :thumbsup:

#16 harrypotter1

harrypotter1
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:13 PM

haha yeah a house elf would be nice lol, but i think i might pick a broom for flying or maybe buckbeak :thumbsup:

i would think a broomstick would really hurt for guys to ride it though.

#17 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:38 PM

I want Dobby.
He needs a friend, and I need someone to clean my room occasionally.

Or Harry Potter himself. :drool:

#18 manophear

manophear
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:58 PM

Sorcerer's Stone most definitely.

Make a few pounds of gold at a time, sell it for mad amounts of money, and immortality

#19 j0sh

j0sh
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:45 PM

Harry's gold from the bank

#20 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

Harry's gold from the bank

if you're just in it for the money might as well take the Philosopher's stone like everyone else... i just want the snitch to open it in like a soup kitchen and watch the poor people cry :devil:

#21 Nonygirl

Nonygirl
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:52 PM

Voldemort's magic. Without the ugly.

Imagine, being the only person with magic in the human world :D And I wouldn't need a wand!

MUAHAHAHAHA.

I mean, who needs gold and money when they can imperio muggles to do their will, without any consequences? When they can torture people who try to screw them over, and make them think they're experiencing karma or something.

That is what I would want. *Nods*

#22 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

Uh, gotta go with the philosopher's stone. So long, student loan!

#23 Casilla

Casilla
  • 114 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:39 PM

Philosopher's Stone is too tempting in a way.  If you used it to make gold from lead, you would most certainly not be able to live in a first world country with any sort of an income tax; otherwise, you would be investigated for money simply appearing from no where.  And you couldn't use it to live forever, because again, eventually the game is up.  And once people know about it, well, all the money in the world isn't going to last you very long to afford the kind of protection you'd need from someone trying to kill you or steal the Stone.  Hell, even the gold market is going to be against you, because you stand to devalue the price of gold by creating it from nothing, so soon it'd be made illegal to buy from you, and you'd have to go to extra lengths to sell it.  Same if you did another high value metal like silver.  I think you'd have to run a salvage/scrap company, and boost your recovery with extra scrap coming in.  And at small values so as to not arise suspicion.  Copper would be good, though - price on that is currently very good.

Furthermore, you could not fall in love or have children unless you planned to likewise give them the Elixir of Life.  And your current family members; would you be able to let your parents die when you could keep them alive?  And immortal life does not guarantee good health or even a good life.  I think Flamel was healthy because he was a wizard (although granted, it never specifically states Flamel is a wizard, but I would assume so).  But the more people you give the elixir to, the more people have to know your secret, the bigger chance you'd be betrayed or used.  That's unfortunate to think of family, but greed can be a terrible thing.  The Philosopher's Stone would only be useful if you could control yourself to use it to create small amounts of gold when you most needed it; and I don't know if it'd be worth the cost at that point.

I honestly can't see the use of an Invisibility Cloak.  You still have mass - you'd still trigger most alarms, and I really can see the only purpose of it is to be somewhere you're not supposed to be.  And I'm not a voyeur, so not even that.

Flying car presumably doesn't trigger any sort of UFO detection when invisible, but you'd have to at some point go from flying the car to driving it, and when you're driving it you must be visible if you want to avoid a wreck.  Or if you want to get into the car at all.

Presumably I'm still a Muggle, so a wand would be useless.  If I could be a witch, I guess a wand would be useful, but I'd need a spellbook, don't you think?  Even then, to stand out so would be dangerous for my life.

I think I'd go with a Kneazle.  I'd like a smart cat.  My cats are freakin' idiots.

Edited by Casilla, 17 July 2010 - 04:41 PM.

#24 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

Philosopher's Stone is too tempting in a way. If you used it to make gold from lead, you would most certainly not be able to live in a first world country with any sort of an income tax; otherwise, you would be investigated for money simply appearing from no where. And you couldn't use it to live forever, because again, eventually the game is up. And once people know about it, well, all the money in the world isn't going to last you very long to afford the kind of protection you'd need from someone trying to kill you or steal the Stone. Hell, even the gold market is going to be against you, because you stand to devalue the price of gold by creating it from nothing, so soon it'd be made illegal to buy from you, and you'd have to go to extra lengths to sell it. Same if you did another high value metal like silver. I think you'd have to run a salvage/scrap company, and boost your recovery with extra scrap coming in. And at small values so as to not arise suspicion. Copper would be good, though - price on that is currently very good.

Furthermore, you could not fall in love or have children unless you planned to likewise give them the Elixir of Life. And your current family members; would you be able to let your parents die when you could keep them alive? And immortal life does not guarantee good health or even a good life. I think Flamel was healthy because he was a wizard (although granted, it never specifically states Flamel is a wizard, but I would assume so). But the more people you give the elixir to, the more people have to know your secret, the bigger chance you'd be betrayed or used. That's unfortunate to think of family, but greed can be a terrible thing. The Philosopher's Stone would only be useful if you could control yourself to use it to create small amounts of gold when you most needed it; and I don't know if it'd be worth the cost at that point.

I honestly can't see the use of an Invisibility Cloak. You still have mass - you'd still trigger most alarms, and I really can see the only purpose of it is to be somewhere you're not supposed to be. And I'm not a voyeur, so not even that.

Flying car presumably doesn't trigger any sort of UFO detection when invisible, but you'd have to at some point go from flying the car to driving it, and when you're driving it you must be visible if you want to avoid a wreck. Or if you want to get into the car at all.

Presumably I'm still a Muggle, so a wand would be useless. If I could be a witch, I guess a wand would be useful, but I'd need a spellbook, don't you think? Even then, to stand out so would be dangerous for my life.

I think I'd go with a Kneazle. I'd like a smart cat. My cats are freakin' idiots.

fun factor in this thread just went from up here *signals up high* to down here *signals down low*... on the other hand i didn't say any of the ones you made sound as stupid choices so im good :D lmao

#25 Casilla

Casilla
  • 114 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:36 PM

fun factor in this thread just went from up here *signals up high* to down here *signals down low*... on the other hand i didn't say any of the ones you made sound as stupid choices so im good :D lmao

You'll get used to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users