Photo

INCEPTION.

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#51 KingMilford

KingMilford
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:47 AM

I thought it was really good. It is refreshing to see an entertaining, original movie come out that is not a book adaptation or a sequel.

#52 KingMilford

KingMilford
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:49 AM

Still not better than Avatar though. :D

Edited by KingMilford, 05 August 2010 - 08:50 AM.

#53 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:14 PM

I don't understand all of the praise. I went in to it expecting it to be a mindfuck, as I had been told. The result? Anticipated everything, resulting in a rather predictable storyline. In fact, I can't recall anything that would have blown me plot wise; as long as you understand what's happening it's quite easy to follow.

#54 blahblah35

blahblah35
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:29 PM

Keep in mind that the average IQ in America, and thus what would be considered a mindfuck, is pretty damn low. I heard somewhere that India has more kids with IQ's in the top 25% on the world than America has kids, total... At any rate, I think it was mostly touted for the effects and action sequences. Though i thought it was mentally stimulating. Nothing the matrix didn't already dry out, but it calls attention to a couple things I knew but did not know I knew, my favorite being the idea that since i cant remember how i got here (since I dont recall the first X many years of my life), I could very well be dreaming :)

#55 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:28 AM

INSAPSHUN GD
Posted Image

#56 phalkon

phalkon
  • 2399 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:56 PM

for those of you who don't think this is an extremely well-written or even created movie, you should know that Nolan actually started writing this right after he released Memento (2000). but he didn't pursue it fully because he wanted to have a larger budget for certain scenes to be able to be fully played out (like the enormity of the dreams. he was quoted as saying dreams have an infinite feeling to their possibilities, so he felt doing it sooner without the full effects wouldn't have done the film justice). also, having a major production company backing him would make everything a little easier. so instead of this, he made the Batman Begins ;)

so just imagine how much more of an impact this would have had in 2001...

#57 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:59 AM

for those of you who don't think this is an extremely well-written or even created movie, you should know that Nolan actually started writing this right after he released Memento (2000). but he didn't pursue it fully because he wanted to have a larger budget for certain scenes to be able to be fully played out (like the enormity of the dreams. he was quoted as saying dreams have an infinite feeling to their possibilities, so he felt doing it sooner without the full effects wouldn't have done the film justice). also, having a major production company backing him would make everything a little easier. so instead of this, he made the Batman Begins ;)

so just imagine how much more of an impact this would have had in 2001...

I'm glad he waited. The dream sequences were pretty amazing... and sadly the movie may have lost a little something without them :c

#58 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:12 AM

It was a great movie, I did found it kind of like shutter island...
KingMilford: Seriously? I guess you've never watched Pocahontas before...

#59 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:38 AM

wow this movie is LONG

#60 aznboi123

aznboi123
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:50 PM

damn still didnt watch it yet : (

#61 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:24 PM

damn still didnt watch it yet : (

jeez you should.
Its a great movie...for this year.
Now Im looking forward to "the other guys".

#62 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:56 AM

hey,

i was wondering why during the free fall of the van, the 2nd dream becomes no gravity. However it doesn't affect the 3rd dream at all.

Shouldn't all subsequent dream be gravity-less as well?

#63 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:50 PM

It was okay. I was disappointed. My date joked about seeing Cats and Dogs instead, and I kinda wish we had. I enjoy talking animals.

Spoiler

#64 Androo

Androo
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

I'm going to go see it this weekend with some friends, but I've hear from so many people that it's amazing, trippy, and deep!

#65 Reddevil

Reddevil
  • 282 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:09 PM

the movie was insane, seriously, it scared the shit out of me also lol

#66 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:00 PM

Gosh, yesterday was the only chance I got to see this film.

Great summer film by Nolan, although I still am not as mindfucked as everyone would've claimed.

One thing I'm going to enjoy about this flick is that it will have such a great replay value once it comes out on DVD :D

#67 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:07 PM

you guys are tempting me to extremes here.
my sister wants to watch it aswell...but im really too lazy to get up and drive to the cinema :p

#68 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:09 PM

my sister wants to watch it aswell...but im really too lazy to get up and drive to the cinema :p

Get her to spot you for the movie tickets, that should be enough to motivate anyone :p

#69 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:40 PM

Get her to spot you for the movie tickets, that should be enough to motivate anyone :p

ahahaha SHOULD BE; but i think youre underestimating just how lazy i am :p

#70 yannie

yannie
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:38 PM

This movie is pure genius

#71 Xcisor

Xcisor
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:50 PM

Me and my friends walked out of it speechless. I also thought his last movie Shutter Island was well put together. Also in spirit of the movie, I have this to offer.

http://i29.tinypic.com/5zed6v.jpg

#72 swpwrx

swpwrx
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

this movie was great. now i'm starting to think they take these ingenious ideas from the government and make them into movies. flying cars are already designed and operating but not released to the public yet!

#73 Xcisor

Xcisor
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:52 PM

this movie was great. now i'm starting to think they take these ingenious ideas from the government and make them into movies. flying cars are already designed and operating but not released to the public yet!

thats what i was thinking when i saw this movie. like... how do they think of this... it has to be some government technology. best place to hide something is right out in the open i suppose.

#74 swpwrx

swpwrx
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:50 PM

yeah for sure i think it stems straight from the government. on the other hand, the government controls everything that is released to the public.

#75 Xcisor

Xcisor
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:35 PM

yeah for sure i think it stems straight from the government. on the other hand, the government controls everything that is released to the public.

Everything except the internet to an extent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users