• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:21 AM

POPULAR POST!

NOTE: Neocodex now sells Neocash online, and you can receive your code instantly! Visit here for more info: http://www.neocodex....ed-immediately/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Neocash Mall

With the increasing popularity of the Neocash mall and it's Items I thought I should put together a little guide about its basics, and trading information to help the newbies and to ensure that people who wish to trade items get a fair price for thier neocash. After all, it is worth real money!

The Basics

The Neocash Mall is a shop feature which allows users to buy clothes and accessories for their pets and neohomes. The purchases are made in the currency of Neocash, which has to be bought with real human paper money.

OOOoOOooOOoo Purdy O___O

You can purchase this Neocash online, or in shops throughout America, Canada, UK and some other countries. Not every country has the ability to use neocash, and some that do dont have the shops that sell them, but eveyone who can accses the Mall can buy Neocash online at neopets.

Posted Image

Cards are also sold on online auctions such as Ebay, and sometimes on the forum.

The benefit of buying a neocash card in store is the addition of a Gift box, which you can use to send Neocash items to other users, or side accounts. This is the only way you can send Neocash Items. Occasionaly TNT will give free gift boxes in the Neocash mall during site events.

Posted Image

You can only include one Neocash Item per gift box.

Neocash cards come in amounts of 500NC for $5 750NC for £5 1000NC for $10 1500NC for $15 and 2500NC for $25.

Vocabulary to Know

Commonly used trading terms

UFT: Up for trade.

RE: This means that the item is retired, which means it can no longer be bought in the mall.

LE: This means that an item is or was limited edition, meaning that it either was/is the bonus item from a mystery capsule. The LE item is random, and sometimes takes many capsules to obtain.

Challenge/Ticket Item This means that the item was obtainable only through participating in some kind of event on the site, usually requiring a ticket to take part in. Examples are the Altador Cup Challenge, Games Master Challenge, and Atlas of the Ancients Plot.

Buyable: This means that the item is currently purchasable in the NC mall. It does not mean that it is a neopoint item, which cannot be traded for NC items.

Multiples: This term usually means that someone is looking to trade one of their rarer items for multiple 'lesser' items. You will often see people trading something for 'multiple buyables'.

EB: Refers to the Elite Boutique, an elite section of the mall open only to accounts that are 49 months old. It contains a variety of non-tradable items.

Duplicates: This term refers to the large amount of cheap buyable items that users obtain, mostly by opening mystery capsules. Common ones include beauty marks, hair bows, and head scarves.

Common Rare Item Abbreviations

Some items are really popular, so you'll see some of these abbreviations a lot.

Caps refers to mystery capsules, which when opened award the user a number of items from the mall. Depending on the capsule, some of these can be older retired items. Also, capsules offer a limited edition item, which comes out of capsules randomly and sometimes very rarely.

SP: Means Superpack, which is a package that can be bought in the NC mall containing a set of related items. Most of the items can be bought separately, but one or two are only awarded through purchase of the pack. These are referred to as Superpack LEs.

BG: Refers to Background, a type of item.

FP: Refers to face paint, also a kind of item.

MME's: Mysterious Morphing Experiment's. LE items that were released for a short period of time at a larger cost in the NC mall as items Morph over time into different items in that collection. Each part of the transformation is a seperate NC mall item.

So far MME's released are as follows:

MME1
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
MME2
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
MME3
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
MME4
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
MME5
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

How to Price your Neocash Items

So you have some NC items you want to trade? Well lets make sure you dont get ripped off!!

The best way to price your item is to first check when/if it is retierd, and how it was obtainable origonaly, e.g. if it was in the mall for a long time, or if it was a LE item from a capsule.

To find this out heres a very handy website with informatinon on most NC item ever released!

http://www.neopets.com/~Vokol

Ok so now you know that your best bet is to always ask the NC board on neopets the worth of your item, this will allways be the most accurate way of pricing as value fluctuates all the time. THIS IS THE BEST WAY.

If not, if your lazy, or hate the neoboards heres a rough way to get a value;

If the item is still in the mall and buyable then the value will be the same as the NC eqivilent 250nc = $2.5 (roughly 600k nps) 100nc = $1 (250k nps)

If the item is retierd but was not LE or special in any way then you will be looking at a price of around 4 - 5 caps trade, 1000 - 1250NC = $10 - $12.50 (roughly 3million nps)

If the item is LE and retierd then the price can be amazing! I would deffinatly seek a price check on the boards but you should expect 2000nc or more! = $20 (6million nps)

Rare Items and Values

Here is a small collection of some of the most valuable items that have been released from the NC mall, the prices are in USD worth of NC that neopets users are willing to trade for them, for example, a capsule costs 250nc, and if a rare item is worth 20 caps that is 5000nc, which is the equivilent of $50.

Please note, the prices are approximate, at the time of writing this guide, and subject to change with demand.

Posted Image
Shenkuu River Rush Winged Talisman $250 or more!

Posted Image
Spyder Web Staff $130

Posted Image
Neoquest Wizard Wand $120

Posted Image
MME1-B1: Sputtering Grey Mini-Monster $100

Posted Image
Easter Negg Smiley Snack $90 or more!

Posted Image
Attack of the Revenge Background $70-$100

Posted Image
Appetising Caramel Apple $70-100

Posted Image
Balthazar's Bag of Bottled Faeries $70-$100

Posted Image
MME2-B1: Gold and Maractite Fish Shield $70-100

Posted Image
NC Mall Birthday Goodie Bag| $70 or more!

Posted Image
GULP... Underwater Reef Background $75-$90

Posted Image
Hot Air Balloon Adventure Background $75-$90

Posted Image
Paper Lantern Staff $60-$75

Posted Image
Eliv Thade Make-Up Kit $50 - $75

Posted Image
Ice Cream Cone String Lights $50-$60

Posted Image
Gingerbread Wings $50 or more!

Posted Image
Thespian Background $50

Posted Image
Geraptiku Background $40 - $50

Posted Image
Phantom of the Background $50 - $75

Posted Image
Sewing Room Background $50

Posted Image
Tasty Bakery Background $50

Posted Image
Smuggler's Cove Background $50

Posted Image
MME3-B1: Magma Pool Background $50

Posted Image
MME4-B1: Sparkling Snow Background $50

Posted Image
Flickering Flame String Lights $50

Posted Image
Shimmering Ring of Generosity $45-$50

Posted Image
Flower Wings $40-$50

In conclusion;

Yeh, neocash is big business! Makes alot of money. So if ever in doubt feel free to PM me and I will help you price some items!

Please let me know if you think I should add anything!

(NB. Guide by me, but pricing help taken from elsewhere.)

Edited by ShadowLink64, 19 August 2012 - 02:16 PM.

#2 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:33 AM

This is a really good guide :) +1

To think of paying $100 on a neopets NC item :o

#3 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

Nice guide. Who would actually pay $50 just for a background anyways?

#4 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:40 AM

Nice guide. Who would actually pay $50 just for a background anyways?

Alot of people, people pay $250 plus for the best item....

For lots of reasons, invesment, alot of kids with cash on the hip, hobby, its alot of money but some people get REALLY into neopets lol.

#5 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:46 AM

Alot of people, people pay $250 plus for the best item....

For lots of reasons, invesment, alot of kids with cash on the hip, hobby, its alot of money but some people get REALLY into neopets lol.

wow i knew people were really into neopets, but not this into neopets :o 250 bucks for a talisman?? i'll buy myself an ipod and some chocolate thank you very much :) nice guide, +`1

#6 restyingre

restyingre
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:53 AM

Thanks for this guide. I've been trading NC items and didn't know how much they were worth before.

#7 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:00 AM

Great guide..really helps with the other members..cant believe some of this NC crap is going for that much...god damn..

#8 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:13 PM

Thanks for making this guide, especially for linking to that petpage - it's hard to gauge value for a lot of items. I have a couple of questions, though:

1) How many boxes come with each card? I assume the higher the denomination, the more you get, but perhaps that's a bit too logical for TNT.

2) When people ask for caps in trades, is there a standard type to trade with or is this something that's negotiated with every trade? I ask because the value seems to vary with different kinds of cap and I don't want to appear a noob when trading.

#9 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:28 PM

Thanks for making this guide, especially for linking to that petpage - it's hard to gauge value for a lot of items. I have a couple of questions, though:

1) How many boxes come with each card? I assume the higher the denomination, the more you get, but perhaps that's a bit too logical for TNT.

2) When people ask for caps in trades, is there a standard type to trade with or is this something that's negotiated with every trade? I ask because the value seems to vary with different kinds of cap and I don't want to appear a noob when trading.

Thank you :)

good questions!

With the 500nc card you get 1 box, 750nc - 1000nc is two boxes 1500nc is 3 boxes and 2500nc is 5 boxes :) its basicly 1 box per 500nc, apart from the uk cards, the 750nc.

When trading for caps people usualy want the current capsules in the mall, so depending on the season/event. If your trading retierd caps then you wont need to offer so many :) again with the items check you capsules retired date as the price for them can be $20 or more :)

#10 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:56 PM

When trading for caps people usualy want the current capsules in the mall, so depending on the season/event. If your trading retierd caps then you wont need to offer so many :) again with the items check you capsules retired date as the price for them can be $20 or more :)

Thanks for the quick and helpful response! I hadn't considered getting caps and keeping them after retirement for trading purposes. It sounds like something to consider - though knowing me, I'd open them all on a drunken whim.

I've also been told that when making purchases for potential later increase in value, the most popular items are wigs, backgrounds and face-paints. Is this something you'd agree with, based on your trading experiences?

#11 harrypotter1

harrypotter1
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

thanks for the guide, those prices are crazy though. :o

#12 Tortenmann

Tortenmann
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:46 PM

Thank you for the guide +1

I saw a person on Neopets who sold 67k(!!!) $ for NeoCashO_oO_o

#13 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:38 PM

Thanks for the quick and helpful response! I hadn't considered getting caps and keeping them after retirement for trading purposes. It sounds like something to consider - though knowing me, I'd open them all on a drunken whim.

I've also been told that when making purchases for potential later increase in value, the most popular items are wigs, backgrounds and face-paints. Is this something you'd agree with, based on your trading experiences?

To be honest its hard to predict something to make an invesment in.

Basicly anything that there wont be many off is pretty much going to make you money, and anything really pretty/cute/evil looking/sparkly looking should do well.

The longer you keep items, the rarer the items get, so allways wait a year or two and you should make plenty of money on them :)

#14 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:56 PM

Cool, thanks for answering all my questions. Really helpful! +1

#15 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:12 PM

Awesome guide geo. Us programmers actually really need your help.
They're making an auto adopter and want to code to detect VWN WN blah blah. Can you write a guide on that all the name type acronyms and what names fit in them. Then a programmer can use that. And we can also pin that topic in the trading post section so people know what they and others are talking about. Right now its really like just whatever the person thinks.

#16 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:15 PM

They're making an auto adopter and want to code to detect VWN WN blah blah. Can you write a guide on that all the name type acronyms and what names fit in them. Then a programmer can use that. And we can also pin that topic in the trading post section so people know what they and others are talking about. Right now its really like just whatever the person thinks.

Seriously? being able to detect VWN/WN would be fricken fantastic. I need to search for a long time to find names that are VWN and create the pet xD

#17 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

Thanks Noit.

Yeh sure happy to help!

I have the name guide ive done allready with abriviations and explanations etc in my siggy, do you want something more specific?

#18 vin

vin
  • 314 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:30 PM

wow i need to start getting into the NC business then... daaaaaamn.

+1 for this guide though Posted Image

& people pay for anything on neopets these days. i love it. hahaha

#19 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:52 AM

cool guide really :o
i can't believe ppl would spend 250$ on some unreal item >.<
i dont know if i would get into it though...^^ i'd rather make a lot of NP and then sell that :)
are there ppl who actually make a decent profit off this, do you know?

#20 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:49 AM

cool guide really :o
i can't believe ppl would spend 250$ on some unreal item >.<
i dont know if i would get into it though...^^ i'd rather make a lot of NP and then sell that :)
are there ppl who actually make a decent profit off this, do you know?

Yep i know loads of people :)

You buy items when they are released for 150 - 250 nc, so arroung $2.5 and they can go up to $20 in a few months!

Deffo a good investment, your not going to loose money on it.

#21 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

Unless you get frozen or caught :p

#22 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:01 AM

Unless you get frozen or caught :p

Yep but thats the same with anything illegit.

Just be sensible, have a few accounts, different proxies, and its allways good to email the buyer and make it sound like your gifting on neo :) (that happens alot on the NC board)

#23 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:16 PM

Great guide, plus rep.

#24 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

Nice guide, I didn't even know there was a market until now.

#25 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:04 AM

Yep i know loads of people :)

You buy items when they are released for 150 - 250 nc, so arroung $2.5 and they can go up to $20 in a few months!

Deffo a good investment, your not going to loose money on it.

yeah but then you really need to know what items will increase and whatnot
i know you said anything that looks nice and such, but still ^^
i guess like, with most other things, you have to trial and error a while before you will actually make a profit and spend enough time and put your mind to it
anyways, $2.5 isnt such a loss if you miss it once
i'll keep it in mind when i've got more free time :) so thanks for this guide! im sure not many people, like me, knew you could actually make a nice profit with this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users