46 replies to this topic

#26 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:49 AM

yeah but then you really need to know what items will increase and whatnot
i know you said anything that looks nice and such, but still ^^
i guess like, with most other things, you have to trial and error a while before you will actually make a profit and spend enough time and put your mind to it
anyways, $2.5 isnt such a loss if you miss it once
i'll keep it in mind when i've got more free time :) so thanks for this guide! im sure not many people, like me, knew you could actually make a nice profit with this

As i said, i havnt seen one item that has retired that will loose you moeny in the NC mall, as there unavailable to purchase anymore it auto means that they are going to increase in price.

I wouldnt worry about loosing money, just buy what you like, as i said you cant go wrong with Pretty things, sparkly, cute, or cool thinks like vampire and creepy/spooky things.

Go for seasonal items and MMEs, Just stay away from things that arent on a limited time and you should be fine :)

#27 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:22 PM

As i said, i havnt seen one item that has retired that will loose you moeny in the NC mall, as there unavailable to purchase anymore it auto means that they are going to increase in price.

I wouldnt worry about loosing money, just buy what you like, as i said you cant go wrong with Pretty things, sparkly, cute, or cool thinks like vampire and creepy/spooky things.

Go for seasonal items and MMEs, Just stay away from things that arent on a limited time and you should be fine :)

ok thanks a lot georgina ^^
with the 300 free NC roaming around this board i'll go check some out :)

#28 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:29 AM

ok thanks a lot georgina ^^
with the 300 free NC roaming around this board i'll go check some out :)

Personal tip

Cupcake Shower

Its only been out a couple of days and is retiering tommorow. :thumbsup:

#29 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:53 AM

Personal tip

Cupcake Shower

Its only been out a couple of days and is retiering tommorow. :thumbsup:

thanks for the tip :D
i just got my 150NC, right on time! ^^

#30 Alexa

Alexa
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:45 AM

OMG! I own an item worth 70-100$ *faints* I can't believe my old background is actually worth something!!!

#31 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:10 PM

OMG! I own an item worth 70-100$ *faints* I can't believe my old background is actually worth something!!!

Haha congrats :D

If you want help selling it PM me, i know people who pay lots for nc items :)

#32 SamTheMan

SamTheMan
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:32 PM

Lol, I coulda got a lot more nps for the nc stuff i sold on here :p

#33 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:45 AM

Ok, so if I understand this correctly, the only way to gift a NC item is with a gift box? So if I currently have a couple of NC items I can only sell/trade them if I obtain a gift box, is that right? Does the NC Mall advertise when they are available or do I just have to keep checking?

Thanks!

Edited by dayzee100, 07 November 2010 - 07:49 AM.

#34 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

Ok, so if I understand this correctly, the only way to gift a NC item is with a gift box?

correct!

So if I currently have a couple of NC items I can only sell/trade them if I obtain a gift box, is that right?

TNT will freeze your account if they find out that you've traded NC items for NPs or NP items.
you can give them as a gift to other people though :whistling:

Does the NC Mall advertise when they are available or do I just have to keep checking?

Im not too sure about this part, but i think the only way to get them is when you buy a cash card (and not via paypal).
you get 1 gift box for every $5 you spend.

hope that helps :)

Edited by iomega, 07 November 2010 - 11:23 PM.

#35 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

Thanks iomega ^_^

Just to add though dayzee, you can also obtain gift boxes from gift box capsules, which go on sale each season recently, 3rd birthday, fall, halloween, i expect christmas gift box caps to come on sale.

these caps will award you gift boxes also for people who dont buy nc from cards you can also now get boxes.

#36 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:46 PM

Thank you both! Awesome tips!!!

#37 alphadark

alphadark
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:40 PM

Nice guide. Are there any NC BD items?

#38 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:14 PM

Nice guide. Are there any NC BD items?

Nope.
I hope TNT would never release any either.

#39 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:16 PM

Nope.
I hope TNT would never release any either.

I wouldnt like to put any bets on that :S

Theres swords and other weapons that are for customisation only, nothing that can be used to fight yet!

#40 alphadark

alphadark
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:01 PM

It would be awesome if there were at least cash items that boosts your pets stats like the armor neggs.

#41 kittysnugs

kittysnugs
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 12:29 AM

Okay, I'm new to this forum and all things NeoCodex, however this is something I happen to be somewhat well-versed on, as I own (from your list) a Spyder Web Staff, Neoquest Wizard Wand, Attack of the Revenge Background, MME2-B1: Gold and Maractite Fish Shield, Hot Air Balloon Background, Paper Lantern Staff, Eliv Thade Make-Up Kit, Gingerbread Wings x3, Thespian Background x2, Geraptiku Background x3, Phantom of the Background, Smugglers Cove Background, and Flower Wings. That's not including the other 4,000+ items in my closet.

I've been doing this for awhile, and I've spent a pretty penny (I'll be closing in on 5 digits pretty soon, and I'm considered a modest spender) on NC. I've also been trading NC since day 1, and I am well aware of the values of about 85% of all NC items - but on the famous, very expensive ones you listed, I - as any other dedicated maller would repeat - have them committed to memory.

So, OP, when you posted this:

"
Here is a small collection of some of the most valuable items that have been released from the NC mall, the prices are in USD worth of NC that neopets users are willing to trade for them, for example, a capsule costs 250nc, and if a rare item is worth 20 caps that is 5000nc, which is the equivilent of $50."

I was a bit confused. You see, you seem to have it right here as far as the 1 Cap = 250NC ---> 250NC = $2.50 ---> 20 Caps = 5000NC = $50 part. However, claiming that the prices you have in USD are the correct dollar amounts for the items listed are more than a little bit off =P

For example, the Shenkuu River Rush Winged Talisman trades at about a 5-600 cap value, which would make it $1,250USD at the low end. Not sure where you got the $250 figure.
Another two examples are the Spyder Wand Staff and Neoquest Wizard Wand, which are worth 130 & 120 caps respectively. Though as someone who traded for them, after saving up and trading for rare items for more than two years then spending even longer trying to track down a trader (these items are RARE), I can assure you the Staff was $325 & the Wand was $300, as their cap values dictated (those two items in particular are arguably the two most sought after super rare items in NC, and their values are set in stone).

For a lot of the other items, you seem to have simply mixed up "cap value" with dollar value, as for example the Spyder Wand Staff and Neoquest Wizard Wand are worth 130 & 120 caps respectively. Though as someone who traded for them, after saving up and trading for rare items for more than two years then spending even longer trying to track down a trader (these items are RARE), I can assure you the Staff was $325 & the Wand was $300.

The true values of the items you listed, in order, should go like this:

Mini-Monster: 110 Caps - $275
Easter Negg Smiley Snack: 300+ Caps - $750
Attack of the Revenge BG: 75-80 Caps - $187.50 @ 75 Caps, $200 @ 80 Caps
Appetising Caramel Apple: 45-50 Caps - $112.50 @ 45 Caps, $125 @ 50 Caps (was re-released in a capsule, used to be worth 85+ Caps)
Balthazar's Bag of Bottled Faeries: 75 Caps - $187.50
MME2-B1: Gold and Maractite Fish Shield: 55-60 Caps - $137.50 @ 55 Caps
NC Mall Birthday Goodie Bag: 100 Caps - $250
GULP... Underwater Reef Background: 40 Caps - $100
Hot Air Balloon Adventure Background: 35 Caps - $87.50
Paper Lantern Staff: 35 Caps - $87.50
Eliv Thade Make-Up Kit: 15 Caps - $37.50 (was re-released in a capsule, used to be worth 35+ Caps)
Ice Cream Cone String Lights: 20 Caps - $50
Gingerbread Wings: 25 Caps - $62.50 (was re-released in a capsule, used to be worth 45+ Caps)
Thespian Background: 25 Caps - $62.50
Geraptiku Background: 25 Caps - $62.50
Phantom of the Background: 25 Caps - $62.50
Sewing Room Background: 30 Caps - $75
Tasty Bakery Background: 25 Caps - $62.50
Smuggler's Cove Background: 25 Caps - $62.50
MME3-B1: Magma Pool Background: 15 Caps - $37.50 (not as popular)
MME4-B1: Sparkling Snow Background: 40 Caps - $100 (only for the season, will drop back down to 25 Caps after winter)
Flickering Flame String Lights: 25 Caps - $62.50
Shimmering Ring of Generosity: 15 Caps - $37.50
Flower Wings: 25-30 Caps - $62.50 @ 25 Caps, $75 @ 30 Caps (was re-released in a capsule, used to be worth 80+ Caps)

So while a few may fall in range of what you posted, most...well yeah =P Sorry if any of this sounded condescending in any way, that wasn't my intent at all, just trying to inform & perhaps help future guide readers ^^

Edited by kittysnugs, 24 December 2010 - 12:32 AM.

#42 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:03 PM

Heya Kittysnugs!

Sure thats fine :)

the guide was written about 6 months ago by me, and the pricing information actuly even older than that! So it did need updating :D thanks!

#43 kittysnugs

kittysnugs
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:36 AM

No problem, happy to help :D

#44 Oxiggergygelt

Oxiggergygelt
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:29 AM

cool dude, cool

#45 Vyers

Vyers
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:20 AM

Love this guide!
Thanks for the helpful information.
You made a comment that you know plenty of people that will pay for NC items, send them my way with lists of what they are seeking! lol!

#46 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

Love this guide!
Thanks for the helpful information.
You made a comment that you know plenty of people that will pay for NC items, send them my way with lists of what they are seeking! lol!

If you make a thread in the trading section with items you have to sell im sure you will get allot of interest :) GL and ty

#47 GarenaMaster

GarenaMaster
  • 346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:41 AM

Thanks for the guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users